• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

lowering concerns

I could use some help! Ive put 18/19in ssr gt3's on my 91 nsx and have just recently purchased a set of comptech sport springs but i concerned.. will the tires rub? will i need to roll the fenders? how will they fit? most importantly ive worried about the ride. sme of the techs at my dealership tell me the car will ride terrible and will never track straight. I love the nsx now becuase the ride is tight but yet livable and comfortable in a way. Ive lowered all my other cars like my M3, Talon tsi awd, 325i, and they never ride the same but the build quality sans the M was on par to my X. Anyways im rambaling on but the main idea is will I ruin my X? Please give me your thoughts...

my NSX is slammed on comptech springs but I still have the stock shocks. I think they may be bad because they haven't been replaced since I owned it and with aftermarket springs, they get shot pretty quick.

I have 18" Racing Harts all around and the right wheel rubs on sharp right turns when I have a passenger in hte car. It also will rub a little bit over big big bumps.

Nothing to worry about though...nothing to roll you fenders for :) I've had the same tires on the front since this time last year and they're still in good shape...i've replaced my rears probably 6 or 7 times since this pair.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I could use some help! Ive put 18/19in ssr gt3's on my 91 nsx and have just recently purchased a set of comptech sport springs but i concerned.. will the tires rub? will i need to roll the fenders? how will they fit? most importantly ive worried about the ride. sme of the techs at my dealership tell me the car will ride terrible and will never track straight. I love the nsx now becuase the ride is tight but yet livable and comfortable in a way. Ive lowered all my other cars like my M3, Talon tsi awd, 325i, and they never ride the same but the build quality sans the M was on par to my X. Anyways im rambaling on but the main idea is will I ruin my X? Please give me your thoughts...

Hello BRIDGEWATER ACURA,

This is my thought, and my thought only, so please don't anyone take offense. The first and foremost question I would ask myself would be, do I want my NSX to maitain its original exotic or Pimp My Ride look? If you still want the latter, the next set of questions you should ask will be relevant to: Proper offset? Is the wheel hubcentric or spacer necessary? If spacer involved, will wheels add unnecessary stress on studs? Additional stress on other suspension components? Rolling the fenders??? etc.

There are many NSXers out there (me included) that have installed aftermarket springs and/or dampers with their OEM wheels, and the car looks great while still maintaining the factory specifications on the wheel/tire set up. I have Eibach springs/Bilstein dampers with OEM Type-S wheels. No scrubbing, no rubbing...:D

Comptech Springs with 18" racing harts all the way around:

468153_4.jpg

468153_8.jpg

468153_3.jpg

468153_1.jpg

I get more comments on how low the car is and yet it still functions...I also get a ton of comments on the rims and the ride quality when people ride in it...they're impressed its so smooth for such a big rim and such a drop! Remember: I think I have bad shocks too!

Go with the comptechs...I love em! But then again, I can't afford Teins :D

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:

How much does the comptech drop? I have eibach only and 17/18, it rides pretty good, but I can't compare it with stock because I got it that way. No rubbing other than when I turn the wheel all the way. I have 17 x 8 (38 offset) and 215/40 on the front, I think that is about the limit without rubbing issues. The back is cool.... I like the eibach because it only drops about 1 to 1.25 inch and not too rough, I think?

Back