• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exterior *SOLD* Apkarian LED Taillights - Plug 'N Play Installation

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
For sale is a very "minty" set of Chris Apkarian NSX LED tailights. This set was completely assembled by Chris himself. These were originally offered as a DIY kit including just the LED panels with a DIY on how to disassemble your existing taillight housing and do the installation yourself. Upon reading the document I immediately realized that the skills required to build these were above my pay grade. Click here for the original DIY instructions.

I reached out to Chris asking him if would build me a complete ready to install set if I sent him a pair of brand new OEM tails. After agreeing on the price to build them (It wasn't cheap but it was worth it) I purchased a new set of OEM tails and off to Chris they went. I got them back a couple of months later. If you didn't know they had been disassembled and an LED kit installed you would't be able to tell them apart from brand new factory parts. Chris is that good! They still look brand new (please refer to the pics). There are no cracks, blemishes on them and most importantly they have never displayed any fogging on the inside meaning they are sealed as good as, or better than stock.

The main section of the units have dual intensity LEDs. With your running lights and/or headlamps on they display 3 rows of extremely visible (day and night) redness. When you hit the brakes all 8 rows of LEDs go into high intensity mode and they are BRIGHT! Looking into your mirrors you'll see the road behind you glowing red and reflective road signs behind you completely illuminated. The turn signals always function in the high intensity mode as do the hazards. The reverse panels also emit very bright white light.

They are virtually "Plug 'N Play". The only mod that needs to be performed is the simple clipping then grounding of one wire. (I included a pic in the galley below illustrating this.)

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions via PM or email at hughevan AT gmail dot com.

I'm asking $2,500.00 for the complete set which includes insured UPS shipping to the lower 48.

I am willing to ship them anywhere in the world but shipping will need to be calculated based on your location. I do get deeply discounted shipping rates through my company.

Attachments

• 00_Pure red parking lights.jpg
    00_Pure red parking lights.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 11-Sensor Grounding Mod.jpg
    11-Sensor Grounding Mod.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 10-Passenger Side Close-up 02.jpg
    10-Passenger Side Close-up 02.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 09-Passenger Side Close-up 01.jpg
    09-Passenger Side Close-up 01.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 08-Driver Side Close-up 02.jpg
    08-Driver Side Close-up 02.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 07-Driver Side Close-up 01.jpg
    07-Driver Side Close-up 01.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 06-Pair of Tails On Bench 2.jpg
    06-Pair of Tails On Bench 2.jpg
    710.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 05-Pair of Tails On Bench 1.jpg
    05-Pair of Tails On Bench 1.jpg
    659.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 04-Apkarian LED Tails Right Brake Close-up.jpg
    04-Apkarian LED Tails Right Brake Close-up.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 03-Apkarian LED Tails Left Brake Close-up.jpg
    03-Apkarian LED Tails Left Brake Close-up.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 02-Apkarian LED Tails Reverse & Driving.jpg
    02-Apkarian LED Tails Reverse & Driving.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 01-Apkarian LED Tails Brake Lights.jpg
    01-Apkarian LED Tails Brake Lights.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Adding pics of the rear of the assemblies. Factory gaskets are attached and in good shape. No cracks at any of the threaded stud mounts. I am a FIRM believer in torque wrenches!

Need more pics? Just ask!

Thanks,
Hugh

Attachments

• 12-Apkarian LED Tails Rear View 1.jpg
    12-Apkarian LED Tails Rear View 1.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 13-Apkarian LED Tails Rear View 2.jpg
    13-Apkarian LED Tails Rear View 2.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 14-Apkarian LED Tails Rear View 3.jpg
    14-Apkarian LED Tails Rear View 3.jpg