• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Luv my NSX

I was just telling my good friend this morning how much I "loved" my NSX and I'll be damned if a LARGE Coka Cola truck didn't side swipe me this afternoon. I'm just sick. Fortunately the damage is only superficial and no damage other than body panels etc. Pretty scary to look up at nothing but a red 8' [coke] wall shoving you into the curb. Plus I had just [3wks] installed a supercharger. SC's rock. Oh well , I needed the front repainted anyway.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the accident. Good part is that you're OK.

I was just telling my good friend this morning how much I "loved" my NSX and I'll be damned if a LARGE Coka Cola truck didn't side swipe me this afternoon. I'm just sick. Fortunately the damage is only superficial and no damage other than body panels etc. Pretty scary to look up at nothing but a red 8' [coke] wall shoving you into the curb. Plus I had just [3wks] installed a supercharger. SC's rock. Oh well , I needed the front repainted anyway.

If you need to sell that SC to pay for the damage look me up.:wink:

Serously though, sorry about your bad luck. I know a pretty decent paint guy if you don't mind waiting months to get your car back. He just recently finished up my NSX that i dropped off in November.:eek:

It does look great though and the guy stood by his word and put it back to showroom condition so all is well now.:biggrin:

If you need to sell that SC to pay for the damage look me up.:wink:

Serously though, sorry about your bad luck. I know a pretty decent paint guy if you don't mind waiting months to get your car back. He just recently finished up my NSX that i dropped off in November.:eek:

It does look great though and the guy stood by his word and put it back to showroom condition so all is well now.:biggrin:

Sorry about car. But Why MONTHS??? Waiting list? Huh? Seem like you could have shipped to Japan and had the original people do the repaint... for that long......I wouldn't care over the winter months..

There's probably a coke joke in this somewhere, but i can't think of one... not that you'd appreciate it. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

There's probably a coke joke in this somewhere, but i can't think of one... not that you'd appreciate it. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Take your pick.

Coke slogans over the years:

1905 - Coca-Cola revives and sustains.
1923 - Enjoy life
1926 - It had to be good to get where it is.
1939 - Coca-Cola goes along.
1948 - Where there's Coke there's hospitality.
1949 - Coca-Cola ... along the highway to anywhere.
1957 - Sign of good taste.
1963 - Things go better with Coke.
1969 - It's the real thing
1975 - Look Up America.
1976 - Coke adds life.
1979 - Have a Coke and a smile
1982 - Coke is it!
1986 - Red White & You
1986 - Catch the Wave (for New Coke)
1987 - You Can't Beat the Feeling.
1990 - Can't beat the real thing.
2000 - Enjoy.
2003 - Real.
2003 - As It Should Be. (Australia & New Zealand only)
2006 - The Coke Side of Life.
2008 - Brrrrr

Sorry about car. But Why MONTHS??? Waiting list? Huh? Seem like you could have shipped to Japan and had the original people do the repaint... for that long......I wouldn't care over the winter months..

It was the winter months. I dropped it off in November and when they were ready to paint the temps were too low so i told them to wait until they were correct to spray. I could have rushed them and got it sooner but my NSX is a third car so i didn't need it back in a hurry. I also had them go through the entire body and give me a list of any screws, clips, plastic parts, etc... that were missing or broken so that we could replace them. I spent over $400 on just those little things alone.:eek:

Sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully you can make a good thing out of something bad like adding some sideskirts or something. Good thing your not injured.

Take your pick.

Coke slogans over the years:

1905 - Coca-Cola revives and sustains.
1923 - Enjoy life
1926 - It had to be good to get where it is.
1939 - Coca-Cola goes along.
1948 - Where there's Coke there's hospitality.
1949 - Coca-Cola ... along the highway to anywhere.
1957 - Sign of good taste.
1963 - Things go better with Coke.
1969 - It's the real thing
1975 - Look Up America.
1976 - Coke adds life.
1979 - Have a Coke and a smile
1982 - Coke is it!
1986 - Red White & You
1986 - Catch the Wave (for New Coke)
1987 - You Can't Beat the Feeling.
1990 - Can't beat the real thing.
2000 - Enjoy.
2003 - Real.
2003 - As It Should Be. (Australia & New Zealand only)
2006 - The Coke Side of Life.
2008 - Brrrrr

Things go better with Coke is the first one I remember.

Back