• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Maintenance

This is one car where I would recommend the dealer. Figure < 10,000 cars sold in the USA over 10 years, how much NSX experience do you think any non-dealership shop gets. Personally, I am one lucky NSX owner. One of the leading Acura NSX dealers in the US is in Sacramento CA (Niello Acura) and they do take good care of the NSX owners in the area (the other Acura dealer in town doesn't). I also happen to work next door to Comptech, and quite often I park in their parking lot instead of my company's lot. So I have the good fortune of being able to have Comptech perform some maintenance beyond my own technical expertise if I choose to use them instead of Niello. Unfortunately, I don't know the Texas area very well, but you might want to check out which Acura dealer in Texas wants to cater to the NSX owners. The NSXCA might be able to recommend a dealer, or at least you can call various Acura dealers and find out what kind of discounts they offer to NSXCA members. I'm a member and the discount I received from Discount Tire Direct for one set of tires and wheels paid for my membership dues for a couple of years. The discount I received at Niello for rebuilding my suspension system (high speed backwards over a curb bent every A arm on the rearend) has paid for about 50 years of dues. My recommendation, if you aren't a memeber of NSXCA, join now, it will save you money, and you get a great quarterly newsletter to boot.

Happy motoring, Fritz

I use Sterling McCall (formerly Southwest Acura). I find their service to be unimpressive but acceptable. I have no real complaints, but have been considering going to another dealer to see if there is better. For a luxury car dealership, they leave much to be desired and pale in comparison to the M-B dealer that I use (Star Mercedes Benz).
If you decide to use them I recommend asking for the service advisor named Jack - very personable and (apparently) honest.

Bill, the NSXSC admin, has spoken highly of Carl, the NSX tech at Sterling McCall. Matter of fact, I believe Carl is/has helped Bill with the building of his FFR Cobra. You might want to ask the question on NSXSC.com, though most of the people that visit that site likely visit this one.

Back