• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

maixmum decibels in california exhaust

Technically it's illegal to modify your exhaust sytem, so thing can ding you even if its not noisy. Just another reason for the boys in blue to stop someone.

I've never has a problem smogging it. My Taitec lightweight has not given me problems with the law so far and that thing is loud. I have to wear ear plugs on long distance trips.

California law states it is not to exceed 95db (no distance specified). Also it is up to the law enforcement official to determine if the vehicle is exceeding that limit (without having to use a decibel meter). :confused:

Happened to me in my Accord. Cop said it was 2 db over the limit. I wondered if he calibrated his ear hair lately. Anyways I took it to the ref station and passed fine. Damn cops!

95db from 10 feet just dealt with this because I have flowmasters on Denali. Good thing this law applies to vehicles uner 6000lbs

Option2 said:
California law states it is not to exceed 95db (no distance specified). Also it is up to the law enforcement official to determine if the vehicle is exceeding that limit (without having to use a decibel meter). :confused:

yeah, it really pisses me off that those pigs have nothing better to do than to harass us about our exhaust pipes when there are Harley's running around everywhere disturbing the peace as well. Its total crap.

Back