• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mayweather v. Cotto - Cinco de Mayo

Thoughts on the upcoming fight between Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto this May 5.

I'm actually looking forward to the undercard fights more so than the main event.
Saul "Canelo" Alvarez takes on Shane Mosley.

Thoughts on the upcoming fight between Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto this May 5.

I'm actually looking forward to the undercard fights more so than the main event.
Saul "Canelo" Alvarez takes on Shane Mosley.

I will be there. I expect Mayweather to dominate. Cotto is a warrior but simply not up to the task. Mayweather is the best there is--technically unmatched. The only thing that can erode his skills is Father Time and he is getting older.

Paq is very entertaining and a great fighter. But from a technical standpoint Mayweather is far superior. He never gets hit. That's why some people find his fights to be a bit boring and why he doesn't get as many KOs.

Compare the fights both guys have had with Juan Manuel Marquez.

Paq had a trilogy and certainly got saved by the refs 2 times. Last fight especially. Whereas, Mayweather dominated him thoroughly.

But styles do make fights so you never know what is going to happen on any given day.

Paq is very entertaining and a great fighter. But from a technical standpoint Mayweather is far superior. He never gets hit. That's why some people find his fights to be a bit boring and why he doesn't get as many KOs.

Compare the fights both guys have had with Juan Manuel Marquez.

Paq had a trilogy and certainly got saved by the refs 2 times. Last fight especially. Whereas, Mayweather dominated him thoroughly.

But styles do make fights so you never know what is going to happen on any given day.

Good points. It would have been nice to see them come to some sort of agreement to make that fight happen. They are getting older and as time passes its seems less likely to happen. Shame.

This will be a great night for boxing. I take Mayweather over Cotto in a UD. The only way Cotto will have a chance is if he stays close and uses his power advantage. I am also more interested in the Alvarez/Mosely fight, damn this kid has some very heavy hands! I think he will be the first person to stop Mosely but we will see. Cant ever count Mosely out though he just may surprise us.

This will be a great night for boxing. I take Mayweather over Cotto in a UD. The only way Cotto will have a chance is if he stays close and uses his power advantage. I am also more interested in the Alvarez/Mosely fight, damn this kid has some very heavy hands! I think he will be the first person to stop Mosely but we will see. Cant ever count Mosely out though he just may surprise us.

Canelo is a BEAST! Haven't been excited for boxing in a while till this kid came around. He is young and hungry, and has expressed that he wants to fight Mayweather. I hope these two get to fight each other, specially since we will probably never see a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. I hate Mayweather so I want to see him lose, but at the same time, I'm indifferent towards Cotto, so I don't want him to win either. I'd rather it be Canelo who finally puts a stop to Mayweather. Canelo may not have the technical skills of Mayweather, but he has the speed and most importantly, the POWER to knock him out.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/79dPlBzRcdI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mayweather the best counter puncher in the business! Cotto is a great fighter but Mayweather takes this one. Alvarez another one of my favorites… Great fights ahaead!

Back