• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McDork’s 1998 Coupe JH4NA2131WT000070 listed as “Zanardi Prototype” in the wiki

Chris, I had a 1980 911. Even with WAY less power than your 930, taking corners in it was sometimes akin to driving a pendulum...the engine is wayyyyy out back.

However, I loved the "raw" feel of the car. IMO that was the last series of 911's that had an old school, almost agricultural feel. Great experience with every drive.

WOW. That is spectacular. I wish I had the ability to do a resto project myself.

Thanks Sir! If you have the ability to be a Doc, I'm sure you have more than enough ability to do a resto project. It takes far more patience than any kind of gift or talent.
Thanks again.

Chris, I had a 1980 911. Even with WAY less power than your 930, taking corners in it was sometimes akin to driving a pendulum...the engine is wayyyyy out back.

However, I loved the "raw" feel of the car. IMO that was the last series of 911's that had an old school, almost agricultural feel. Great experience with every drive.

Joey, I had a '77 that I had to sell to purchase my first NSX. It was when you could give a mid-year away:smile:
I've also driven a highly modified turbo and it was ridiculously scary and the clutch effort was memorably awful. Anyhow, I'm curious to see how this one behaves with less power. I'm no racer anyway; just want to have some fun.

Hope all is well with you and the family and that you're all getting settled.

Have had a lot of fun with this car this September and it's been received very well.

I won the exotic class at a local car show, which was a new experience.
Resized_20170826_1559121.jpg

Months ago I decided I wanted to go to nsxpo and track it. It's not my intention to be owned by this car, even though I try to keep it as clean as possible.
So, my brother helped me with a healthy dose of blue tape to protect the paint. The car performed flawlessly at the track despite having less than 100 miles on it after completion.

IMG_3088.jpg
IMG_3194 (Large).jpg
IMG_3217 (Large).jpg

A few more from nsxpo which was the most fun I've had in a long time. Actually, it was without a doubt the best automotive gathering I've ever been to. Kudos to all of those who are part of making that event happen!
IMG_3316 (Large).jpg

A few courtesy of [MENTION=21633]Brylek[/MENTION] Thanks!
20170908-IMG_6248.jpg
20170908-IMG_6227.jpg

It definitely didn't look its best at the banquet, but I got my freak on last week and it cleaned up very nice.
My bother took these pics, most likely to send to the mental institution he believes I escaped from.
IMG_3480.jpg
IMG_3519.jpg
IMG_3543.jpg
IMG_3570.jpg
IMG_3528.JPG
IMG_3573.jpg
IMG_3583.JPG
IMG_3595.jpg
IMG_3593.jpg
IMG_3615.JPG

Nice pics, are you running the OEM Type S/Zanardi suspension?

No, I installed the OEM Type S/Zanardi suspension and I couldn't come to grips with the ride height. So, I packed them up and put them in storage.
I'm running bilsteins on the low perch with RM lowering springs. The bilstein struts have been painted and springs and perches powder coated to make them look OEM.

Chris your car was one of the stars of expo.....not many cars get into the banquet:eek:

Chris your car was one of the stars of expo.....not many cars get into the banquet:eek:

Thanks Doc it was certainly a high honor for an amateur like me. This car was way more work than I initially thought it would be and I'm so pleased at how well it was received.

Thanks again!

Oh my, INSANE! So jealous

In case he didn't explicitly say it in his humbleness, CMC won the people's choice at the NSXPO concourse (got my vote !) . Car was such a treat to see in person , thanks for sharing it with everyone and the award was well deserved !

Scrub a dub dub Jinks!:smile:[/QUOTE]

Pffffff, that is the dirtiest nsx I have ever seen.:rolleyes:

Doc,

I think it is about time Chris gets a psychiatric evaluation!!

Chris,

WOW.....that is really the only word that comes to mind! The car looks fantastic!!

Back