• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McDork's Silver NSX-R inspired.

A few changes in the former McDork-san NSX so here's a little update.

My pal Tim at pole2flag had his waterjet guy cut a hole in the stock console so I can use a Gaugeart screen where the stereo was. I considered the 7" IPS screen that people mount in the Navpod but it was too big:
int-gaugeart-mockup2_zps84jrclvm.jpg

I'm not in love with the navpod look even if it is an OEM Honda part. So the display I finally went with is a Lilliput 7" LCD (EBY701-NP/C/T). A local upholstery shop fabricated the angled section to reduce glare.
int-8-16_2_zpsirdnfbue.jpg

Also this NSX is most of the way through its weight loss program.

When I first got it, I went to the truck scale and it was 3010lb all gassed up. Funny how that exactly matches the 1991 curb weight, though heavily modified with a Whipple CTSC and DA aftercooler, along with all the weight losses elsewhere like the exhaust, hood, wing, coilovers, '02 front, etc.

And now it says 2820lb all topped off, on the same scale. I know the truck scales aren't accurate so I will get corner balance weights after the last 30lb or so come off. This is around the claimed weight of a Type R (NA2), but it's not quite as super-light as the hardcore ~2500lb NSXs here on the forum. For me there's no giving up the power mods once you've tasted the forbidden nectar, and I don't want to give up the last of the creature comforts - a full interior including the airbag, and quiet highway cruising with AC, tunes, and cruise control.

Some of my weight loss mods so far: Pole2Flag F/R carbon bumper beams, SOS Lexan hatch, 6lb stereo, Downforce seats & SOS rails, and a 8lb battery. I removed the floorpan tar, the firewall insulation, etc and replaced it with about 8lb of modern sound deadening. And then the other 'deletes' that are familiar in the Prime weight loss threads - engine cover, tools, spare, trunk carpet.. also ABS, stock TCS (traction control via AEM Infinity), heater core (AC is intact), R side wiper & washer bottle. Still to come are the last things: alternator bracket -10lbs, B pillars -4lbs, single pane glass divider -5lb, tie down hooks -4lb, and then hardware and some last little bits.

Power to weight given 500bhp (443whp on Dynopack) and 2790lb is just under 5.6 which seems like more than enough to get you in a lot of trouble. And the "time attack weight" is sub-1200kg/2638lb with 3 gallons of fuel, 1 seat, test pipes, and the last few things like floormats removed. The power to weight would be under 5.3 set up this way. I am pretty happy with where I am, at least until I can come up with $10 million for a McLaren F1. :smile:

Anyway I will have more pics soon and I will post the updated build list as well.

Last edited:
This is an awesome build and great looking car. The door key lock delete makes the car look very nice and clean. But, I'm curious how do you unlock the doors if your battery dies? Is the door key lock relocated at a less visible area?

Last edited:
Thanks [MENTION=35133]StraightEdge[/MENTION]. [emoji3]

Definitely yes [MENTION=13572]cmc140[/MENTION] designed a good solution for a dead battery or a lost/broken fob. But I don't think it's a good idea to talk about it (kinda like offering a car thief to hold the flashlight for him). I do think there would be lots of ways to do it, and a "shaved" NSX doesn't have to give up any security or practicality. [emoji106]

Last edited:
Back