• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mechanics in Tucson

Vex

Contributing Member
From what I have heard so far, there is a guy at Chapman Acura(Mike I believe) who is good with NSXs. Anyone else heard of him, or anyone else who has a good reputation with our cars?

I would take my car to Science of Speed if I were you, its worth the drive!! And there knowledge is second to none when it comes to these rare cars.

I second taking it to Science of Speed. They are a great business and there's no better place for your NSX. It's definitely worth the drive.

I agree as well....take it to ScienceofSpeed. Anything that we couldn't do ourselves in our garage we take to them. The few times I've been to Chapman I've sometimes seen an NSX in for service, but they don't see near the numbers of NSXs that SoS does.

I did pick up some oil filters a month or so ago and saw the car that I'm assuming you purchased. It looked quite nice overall so hope you're enjoying it. :smile:

If it was the black one in the showroom....yup thats mine. So far so good. The mod bug is flying around my ear though....it hasnt bitten me yet though lol. we shall see.

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if I should buy a trailer now. Driving an NSX to PHX...or Tempe...whatever, would probably mean alot of rock chips. Might make for a nice saturday drive though.

ALSO....

I have done a little searching, but since I'm at work atm, I'll just ask you guys now. I notice that when Im driving around, there is a high frequency ticking sound coming from the engine. The sound stops when the clutch is depressed. This does NOT go away when the car is warm. Years ago, I owned an Acura Integra GSR. It made the same ticking noise(just not as loud...im guessing only because the engine isnt right behind my head like in the NSX), so at first I wasn't concerned. Just to be on the safe side, is this normal or is it something that sounds like it needs more attention? Thanks in advance for the help.

No, it is a constant high frequency ticking. I have a Stealth TT and it ticks like that, only louder. On my Stealth it is the lifters ticking. the only time I have been able to get this noise to stop is when the clutch is depressed. otherwise it is non stop. Sounds like it is coming from the top side of the engine.

If it was the black one in the showroom....yup thats mine. So far so good. The mod bug is flying around my ear though....it hasnt bitten me yet though lol. we shall see.

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if I should buy a trailer now. Driving an NSX to PHX...or Tempe...whatever, would probably mean alot of rock chips. Might make for a nice saturday drive though.

ALSO....

I have done a little searching, but since I'm at work atm, I'll just ask you guys now. I notice that when Im driving around, there is a high frequency ticking sound coming from the engine. The sound stops when the clutch is depressed. This does NOT go away when the car is warm. Years ago, I owned an Acura Integra GSR. It made the same ticking noise(just not as loud...im guessing only because the engine isnt right behind my head like in the NSX), so at first I wasn't concerned. Just to be on the safe side, is this normal or is it something that sounds like it needs more attention? Thanks in advance for the help.

Stay in front of everyone... :) No rock chips... :wink:

Thank you for the recommendations.

The sound you are hearing is probably the rockers/valves. The sound, depending on the volume, may indicate it's time to have the clearance adjusted (a normal scheduled maintanence procedure). However, the NSX engine valvetrain is audible in the engine compartment even when to spec. We'd be happy to have a listen and give you an idea if this is due.

Here is a tour of our facility if you'd like to take a look. 6+ NSX at a time is not unusual:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/about_scienceofspeed/facility_tour/

regards,
-- Chris

Cool. I will be in Phoenix this weekend for the Packers game(driving my truck though). I will try to swing by the shop to check it out first hand and kinda touch base with you guys....that is if you guys are open on saturday.

...not (normally) to the best of my knowledge...

Back