• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meet this weekend?

I have to work at 10am but should finish by around noon.
I was actually thinking about registering for the Porsche Autocross but the event was sold out. It runs till 4pm so there is plenty of time to go and check it out after lunch.
Here is the link to the event: http://www.pca-ggr.org/show.cgi?id=begaxschool
I should be able to meet you guys around 12:30-1pm so if you can wait till then for lunch, count me in. Just post here and let me know where you want to meet and the times so if I can't be at one place, I can meet at the next. Hope to see you guys later.

Last edited:
I just got out of bed (you guys know I need my beauty sleep :tongue:).

It sounds like we haven't decided yet, but the day is still young, so lets get together while the sun is still out.

So far it sounds like there are a few things going on: Donuts at Hoover's, Porsche autocross, maybe Milpitas and maybe Hooters.

Of those choices....I'll vote for Hooters. Rey, you still going out there? We still have time. Meet up at 12:30 or 1pm. Hooters Dublin works for me.

Who else is up for some wings and wildlife? Sidney, we can wait for you. Ryan - Dude - Hooters after Hoover's. Smooth, Ashik; you guys in? Steve and Romeo - sounds like you are going to the Autocross, but if not - lunch at Hooters. Anyone one else?

Hoover - I'll drop by the shop before heading to lunch. You know I can't stay away from that place. :biggrin:

I went back to the shop this morning and finished putting my car back together. I can make a mini meeting in milpitas, but can't make it to dublin since I have to finished moving to my new place this weekend.

Either way, have fun if I don't see you guys!

-mike

mickeylex said:
I just got out of bed (you guys know I need my beauty sleep :tongue:).

It sounds like we haven't decided yet, but the day is still young, so lets get together while the sun is still out.

So far it sounds like there are a few things going on: Donuts at Hoover's, Porsche autocross, maybe Milpitas and maybe Hooters.

Of those choices....I'll vote for Hooters. Rey, you still going out there? We still have time. Meet up at 12:30 or 1pm. Hooters Dublin works for me.

Who else is up for some wings and wildlife? Sidney, we can wait for you. Ryan - Dude - Hooters after Hoover's. Smooth, Ashik; you guys in? Steve and Romeo - sounds like you are going to the Autocross, but if not - lunch at Hooters. Anyone one else?

Hoover - I'll drop by the shop before heading to lunch. You know I can't stay away from that place. :biggrin:

let just meet @ HOOTERS @ 12pm. C u guys there!

Hey guys,
Let's meet at Hooter's and for those who want to drive out to the Autocross at Monster Park, we can do that afterwards. What do you say?
I am trying to hurry up my tint job but checked to see what's up first. Hopefully I will be done before 12 noon and get to Hooter's before 12:30. See you there.

I'm in. I'll be at Hooter's by 12:30. I'll try to swing by Hoover's on the way there.

Great little get together today. Had lunch at Hooter's at 1pm wtih a small group of 9 and then 3 of us drove out to Monster Park to check out the PCA autocross school.
Ron's Imola Orange NSX was the center of attention when Mike Lee who was volunteering as a driving instructor, took Ron for a quick lap around the track at around 37 seconds. A Caymen was turning 34 second laps with a professional driver so Mike's first lap in a totally stock NSX was great. I bet he could have turned a 34 second lap after he warmed up the tires :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Rons 04 NSX definitely took center stage, I never realized how exotic the NSX looked compared to any of the Porsches on the field (including 996TT). Rey post pictures already :biggrin:

The NSX ran awesome times considering it was its 1st and only run (cold tires etc). The long wheelbase of the NSX dwarfed the boxsters and 911's :biggrin:

Good run Mike :cool:

Stopped by for a bit also... this looks like an awesome event to run for our club, but costly. How many would be interested? The more cars the less per car to pay...

gfunk808 said:
Stopped by for a bit also... this looks like an awesome event to run for our club, but costly. How many would be interested? The more cars the less per car to pay...

Im sure you will get a lot of NSX participants for this kind of event. Count me in for sure :smile:

Hey Guys,

Good seeing you guys out at Monster Park/Candlestick. It was fun driving Ron's Imola Orange X out there but the tires and brakes were cold and I was sliding all over (ask Ron, ha ha). I'm sure we would've gotten the times down to 34-35 seconds with warm tires. That Cayman was running all day long and those other instructors had so many runs that day to get to that time. The NSX would've definitely competed.

A suggestion, if we plan an event like that, we should probably invite another club or just join up with another club like SCCA or the Lotus Club.

Here is an autocross school with another club I am with if you want to drive an autocross (great location at Marina Airport adn a good drive to get there too):
http://www.gglotus.org/ggautox/ggautox.htm

If you want to see more Porsche autox's, here's the schedule:
http://www.pca-ggr.org/calendar.cgi?page=autocross

Hey Nick, Sorry you missed the other guys who came after you but good seeing you there.

Hey Mike,
I recently became a member of the Golden Gate Lotus Club so I can go and run with them at Thunderhill and other tracks but didn't even realize that they have autocross events. I will definitely go to the one at Marina Airport since you told me how smooth the track is. Just wondering if I should bring my NSX or my 944. :confused:

Now if a few of the NSX owners are planning on bringing their cars, then of course I will take my NSX. How many of you guys want to go to GGLC autocross? Joining the Lotus Club is only $25 annual membership. If you go to 2 track events, it pays for itself but if you plan on doing multiple track and autocross events, you can't beat the prices and track time.

Mike, you should start a new thread to see how many NSX owners would like to participate in either track or autocross events. :rolleyes:

Hey Sidney,

Too bad the autocross is not before the track event at Thill. It would've given you more seat time and in car control for the 944 before the track but oh well.

It's good to try the NSX out there since it's a safe and flat course (no poles anywhere).

I will be at the Porsche autocross that same day in Alameda so won't be able to make the GGLC Marina event but that is a very good deal since it includes lunch and instruction. My other club LMERA (Lockheed MartinCar Club) will be there also and these guys are very good at autocrossing.

Also, there are a few guys from the Sac region who really track their NSX's often so maybe we should set up some autocrosses with them.

I live in Alameda and since you are not going to be at Marina, maybe I should go with the PCA instead :confused:

The autocross event that is held at Marina on 4/22 is a autocross school so that means there is alot more lap time right? Would it be better for us NSX owners to go to the GGLC auto-x at Marina or sign up as a PCA member and go to Alameda?

Hope you like! Sorry took so long!

Attachments

• DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 74
Litespeeds said:
I live in Alameda and since you are not going to be at Marina, maybe I should go with the PCA instead :confused:

The autocross event that is held at Marina on 4/22 is a autocross school so that means there is alot more lap time right? Would it be better for us NSX owners to go to the GGLC auto-x at Marina or sign up as a PCA member and go to Alameda?

You will probably get more runs at the GGLC school. Also, just found out that they don't allow you to join the PCA unless you have a Porsche VIN number now (was a loophole before that people coould join up without it). So some of you will be able to join since you also own a Porsche and can attend the PCA autocrosses too. I would suggest going to the GGLC autocross this time to get more runs and a free lunch.

cool pix

Ron's is your Imola lowered ??? :confused:
attachment.php

PCA was fun at Pleasanton, too bad they lost that location. At that time we were getting more than 8 runs per day, how many do you get with the gglc? It's always been a rule that you should bring your Porsche to a pca auto-x.

Back