• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meets/Drives?

yeah

the last time i went was 01-20-08 Napa Run

DSC09568.jpg

DSC09585.jpg

DSC09588.jpg

and the FAMOUS Lunch :mad:
i guess i dont know how to order, next time i'm sticking to burger :tongue:
DSC09566-1.jpg

i'm busy this march, i'm down on April

It is warming up finally, good time for a drive! I'm guessing that's a double hotdog :p? Did you get your CCNA yet? 802?

Its March already and there haven't been any meets or drives. Any plans?

What are you talking about! You just missed out on perhaps one of the best drives of the year. Jack

Highway 25 and Hearst Castle!

Last edited:
That Napa run looks good and so does the Alice restaurant drive with maybe a cruise back up HWY 1.

Jack.....I was thinking more like just a day cruise not a weekend thing.

Dont we have an event coordinator now?

Both tours look good if weather permiting(dry..).

TIME TO CHANGE CLOCK AHEAD....

Last edited:
I like the idea of having day events. Maybe ethier just scenic drives (i.e. along the coast, redwood forest, Napa area, Shanadoa Valley, etc.) or maybe drives to destinations (i.e. Yosemite Bridal Vail Falls, Monterey Aquirium, Winchester Mystery House, Resturants, Car Musieums, etc.). I'm sure there ara a lot of points of interest or cool drives that peolpe in the club have seen that I'm sure a lot of others haven't. Maybe if everyone could give a suggestion to the event cordinator(s) then they will have some ideas to choose from.

These nice weekends do give you the itch to go for a drive.

I like the idea of having day events. Maybe ethier just scenic drives (i.e. along the coast, redwood forest, Napa area, Shanadoa Valley, etc.) or maybe drives to destinations (i.e. Yosemite Bridal Vail Falls, Monterey Aquirium, Winchester Mystery House, Resturants, Car Musieums, etc.). I'm sure there ara a lot of points of interest or cool drives that peolpe in the club have seen that I'm sure a lot of others haven't. Maybe if everyone could give a suggestion to the event cordinator(s) then they will have some ideas to choose from.

The quoted text above covers exactly how the event coordinator and the club officers can and should be engaged for event ideas. They have their own ideas as well but they could always use help finding inspiration for drives, meets and events. They would much rather work on trying to bring your ideas to reality than their own ideas that may not be as well received.

I encourage anyone who has an idea for something for us to do together to get in touch with our events coordinator or one of the officers with that idea. I'm almost 100% sure they won't bite :tongue: so just say something and we'll try our best.

We're meeting this Thursday night to try to nail down some events and dates.

J

OK guys, the conception that the job of the Event Coordinator is to take a bunch of suggestions of things to do and spend hours and hours to figure out all the details, then present and fulfill that obligation is in fact, a misconception. It's not a job and they don't get paid. In reality they volunteer to help the people with the ideas for an event, to get them started in the detailed planning and then delivering their own project.

Not only does a successful club need particapation from it members, what it really needs is, its members to not be afraid to step up to the plate if they have an idea. This would lead to the enjoyment and health of that organization. It really is fun and I do enjoy setting things up and perhaps introducing people to drives that they would not do on their own, especially in their NSX. Being a member of a fairly sucsessful Nissan Z and now two Corvette clubs in addition to this NSX club, I'm seeing a future NSX club that needs an injection of enthusiasm. With that being said, a big thanks should go out to those few who have worked hard so that NSX enthusiasts could meet each other and enjoy their cars. It's a great opportunity for us and the cars.

Please, if you have an idea, come to one of the monthly meetings, mention it and let us help you pull it off. If each member were to put on one event a year we would have all sorts of events to pick and choose from. Just try it!
No event is too big or too small.

NSXCA Bay Area Chapter Member
Jack Atkinson

Do like others do and just post up a date and place of a run of your choice and see how many bite and sign up. 1-2 weeks notice is good. Hell, even if it's just 2-3, it fun just doing it. That's what I have done in the past down here. Only get 3-5 to show up, but hell sometimes it more enjoyable to have mini runs as you can drive faster and not have to stop every 10-15 miles to wait for car #15 to catch up.

Do like others do and just post up a date and place of a run of your choice and see how many bite and sign up. 1-2 weeks notice is good. Hell, even if it's just 2-3, it fun just doing it. That's what I have done in the past down here. Only get 3-5 to show up, but hell sometimes it more enjoyable to have mini runs as you can drive faster and not have to stop every 10-15 miles to wait for car #15 to catch up.

Uhh, I'm usually car #15!

Uhh, I'm usually car #15!

Ha ha.....thats not a problem.

In other drives I have been on when there is a large group we usually break into 2 groups..........a "fast" group and the rest. Those that want to drive fast get to and the others meet up with the fast group later.

Also it usually helps when the speed of the drive is announced before hand for example: this will be a "cruise" down HWY 1 or This will be a "spirited" drive on HWY 35.

The Board is working to on some Club events at this time. These Events are open to the Club members only.

If you are not part of NSXCA please join so you can participate in these events...

For those that are members check the online calender at the Yahoo Group site.

Carlos

Back