• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Mercedes has AMG, what would be Honda's equivalent?

Many people say that it would be comptech, some says its mugen. Just wanted to see what the consensus is. On a side note, seems like all the JGTC NSXs uses some sort of Taitec parts, what about them?

Ryan

I believe the closest analogy to AMG would be Mugen. Mugen is closely related to Honda's Racing division (JGTC GT500, F3000, etc.), but not as close to the production portfolio as AMG is. I think Honda is much more independent than Mercedes on that standpoint, with much performance tuning done in house and Honda badged (Type-R, Type-S, etc.)

The aerodynamic components of the GT500 cars you see are actually not sourced from TAITEC. Many of the panels were codeveloped by the teams with much input and testing done by Dome. TAITEC, among several other Japanese companies, have developed parts for street cars based on these parts.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 01 January 2002).]

The analogy like ScienceofSpeed mentioned would be Honda-Mugen. Mugen was founded by Hirotoshi Honda.

The JGTC NSXs use chassis and engines from Mugen. The aerodynamics package is co-developed for all the teams by DOME Japan.
Its sorta funny because DOME in Japanese stand for "a child's dream". I've been told that each of the GT NSXs cost about $1 Million each.

Originally posted by RyRy210:
Many people say that it would be comptech, some says its mugen. Just wanted to see what the consensus is. On a side note, seems like all the JGTC NSXs uses some sort of Taitec parts, what about them?

Ryan

[This message has been edited by ACR_Motorsports (edited 01 January 2002).]

[This message has been edited by ACR_Motorsports (edited 01 January 2002).]

AMG used to be an independent tuner that does wild aftermarket works on Mercedez. As Benz buys more and more shares of AMG, they aquired the company just recently, maybe 2 or 3 years ago. So now AMG does in-house tuning with a much softer touch. I would say the HOnda type-R variants are like AMG Benz or M BMWs.

------------------
G Dummy~

Faster than stock.
:D :D :D

Back