• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Just saw that that the F-chatters posted notice of their spring drive...but...are we no longer invited?
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277514

"Please we ask that you only bring an Exotic european car,preferably Italian.NO BIKES OR AMERICAN MUSCLE PLEASE...SORRY"a

Are japanese exotics cool?

Just got the first miles of the year on mine tonight, felt great to get it out! And I hit 45K....not bad for a 19 year old car.

Just saw that that the F-chatters posted notice of their spring drive...but...are we no longer invited?
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277514

"Please we ask that you only bring an Exotic european car,preferably Italian.NO BIKES OR AMERICAN MUSCLE PLEASE...SORRY"a

Are japanese exotics cool?

Just got the first miles of the year on mine tonight, felt great to get it out! And I hit 45K....not bad for a 19 year old car.

Seems to be true, personally it really does not matter to me as the past few I went to not much showed up and seeing a bunch of old f-cars (I have already seen) does not get me excited. But yet all the f-chat hanger-onners whom have no exotic or anything even close can show up and bum rides off f-car owners. :rolleyes: It just bugs me but it is what it is.

Good to hear you got the car out Ryan and glad you did not sell it. We got the blue one out today and man was it breaking necks. :biggrin: Put my shoes back on my G-coupe, Spring is here and it could have come any sooner.:smile:

I hear you. The last 2 "Ferrari" events, there were more NSX's than Ferrari's.
Maybe we can get a good "NSX and Friends" event together at some point. I'd love to see something like we had a few years ago at Bakers. I don't know if we could break the 10 NSX record of that year though.

I hear you. The last 2 "Ferrari" events, there were more NSX's than Ferrari's.
Maybe we can get a good "NSX and Friends" event together at some point. I'd love to see something like we had a few years ago at Bakers. I don't know if we could break the 10 NSX record of that year though.

Tough to beat 10 as we lost at least 2 I can remember maybe 1 more??? Although we may have added 2 I think??? If we do have a large meet lets not allow "Italian exotics" or hanger-on photographers "from other car forums" in but certain local German supercars are always more than welcome (carguy). :wink:

Last edited:
Ryan and ekin -- I'm trapped at the office and took a few minutes break. Of course the first thing I do when I take a break is.......you guessed it.......head to Prime! I had a good laugh as I read your recent posts with respect to the f-folks! Too funny. About the NSX losses and adds -- I'm one of your adds this year as you know (94 Formula Red 5 speed -- just turned over 22,000 miles). Hope you guys and the rest of the MI NSXers are doing well. If I recall correctly, I think that there is a get together on or about 28 March per a posting by Neal but not 100% sure. In any event I'll be in Toronto that weekend. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and some of our other greater Detroit area NSXers in April. Ryan, since our cars are look-alikes we should meet for a coffee early one evening and do a short drive -- we're likely to turn a few heads.

Best regards,
Jeff

Tough to beat 10 as we lost at least 2 I can remember maybe 1 more??? Although we may have added 2 I think??? If we do have a large meet lets not allow "Italian exotics" or hanger-on photographers "from other car forums" in but certain local German supercars are always more than welcome (carguy). :wink:

I am checking in to let folks know I am still around. However, the golf bug has bitten me pretty hard, so I am not driving my car as much as in the past. Last season I got in 70 rounds of golf. I just got back from Florida and got in five rounds, so I am off to a good start. I would love to catch up and see everyone again assuming the weather is good.

Al, good to hear from you. Hopefully we see you and tweety more this year.

Jeff, I am glad to hear of another active Formula Red in the area. I think we are finally caught up to the LBBP guys/gal.

Neal, any specific plans for the 28th? The forecast for the day before doesn't look too great right now, but a lot can change in a week and a half.

Looks like the F Chatters relaxing a bit on their euro exotics only rule if you read the thread. I still think we can get a good group together on our own too. We have a good core NSX group and many of us have friends with some very interesting rides as well. As well as former NSXers that have moved on to some other very nice stuff too.

Hey Guys and Gals great to read everyone checking in and anticipating the upcoming driving season!

How about Sunday, March 28th (Palm Sunday) 4 PM gathering at Doc's Sports Retreat in Livonia, MI. NE corner of I-275 and SEVEN Mile Road.

http://www.docssportretreat.com/home.html

If enough positive vibes, I will contact them and request a room / set-aside area for us. If not, we'll mingle!

Lots of parking space, who knows what weather will bring in, important thing is that you/we'll be there. :biggrin: (Minus, our newest MI NSX owner LJZ who is a ((gasp)) Toronto Maple Leaf fan . . . . . what can I say??).

Neal, I might be a former Torontonian but not a Leafs fan -- the Habs baby. Cournoyer, Beliveau, Richard, Lemaire, Lafleur, Dryden....... those were the days (for those with psych degrees among us, yes, I suffer from some form of regression dementia). Sorry will not see you all on the 28th but looking forward to the next time.

Jeff

Hey Jeff (LJZ) sorry I assumed you were a Leafs fan. I have to e-mail you an image entitled "Leafs will win the Cup." I'd post it up here w/a little encouragement, but our Canadian Embassy folks across the brook in Greater Toronto Area might take offense.

Blodi and all, for sure let's include wives/spouses/significant others/paramours/side squeezes, family, for Sunday 28th.

Meanwhile, tomorrow is American LeMans at Sebring if I am not mistaken. Maybe on SPEED Channel? I definitely want to catch some of it. :biggrin: :biggrin: Ah, the kickoff of a new season.

My question though is who was out today, what a great day for a drive!!!

We were out the last 2 days, not today though. Loving the weather lately. :smile:

We just got back in from a nice evening out in mine in P-town. Soaking in the nice weather while it lasts....looks like our weekend won't be so nice.:frown:
Its amazing, almost 4 years of ownership....my grin doesn't get any smaller after a good drive in it.

Last edited:

Got mine out of storage at my in-law's home. Drove it home (well, past my home) to get "the carbon out" as my Dad used to say. What a blast.

We're still on jackstands, but made some progress.
Dropped off the replacement SSR rear for powdercoating today, and should have it back in a week or so.
The weather has returned to 'normal' it seems, but we'll be ready once Spring (happy Spring BTW!) decides to come back and the potholes are (hopefully soon) filled :biggrin:

Judi (& Brian)

If I can work it out with a Tweety delivery, I'll be in the area and would love to tag along with my girlfriend and I in the Genesis Coupe. It's no NSX but it does make 382WHP/324WTQ, so it shouldn't have a problem hanging with the group. :smile:

I have a "perfect" NSX lined up but it'll be quite awhile before I'm ready to add another NSX to Michigan. Dreams keep the fire alive and this is a pretty dream! Ramen noodles 'R Us for awhile ;)

Nick & Lisa, you guys IN?

(I know it's a long, er........stroll over to Doc's and all, but it would be nice to see you guys :wink: )

Brian

So you might come out this weekend Cody? It would be good to see you and check out the boosted coupe.
Are we still planning on Sunday? Saturday looks to be much better weather wise, but I know the cars/driving wasn't necessarily part of the plan. I am good either way it looks like. Looking forward to it.

EDIT, just saw the latest post...see you guys Sunday, rain or shine.

Maybe, I am on call this weekend so I may not be out in time. If I can make it, maybe all 4 of us, kids allowed?

Sorry folks. Cody is going to have my car until sometime next week. I will catch everyone at the next get together.

Maybe, I am on call this weekend so I may not be out in time. If I can make it, maybe all 4 of us, kids allowed?

ABSOLUTELY! :smile:

Sorry folks. Cody is going to have my car until sometime next week. I will catch everyone at the next get together.

Shiite, Al. Got no other sleds to drive to Livonia in? :tongue:

Kidding aside, upon entering pls ask hostess for "NSX Car Club" group.

Update Sat. 230 PM: Weather looks like certain rainy conditions all day. Oh well, don't have to worry about parking our treasures so much. MSU plays NCAA basketball tourney at 220 PM so place may be crowded. Again, at hostess station request "NSX Car Club." We'll likely be placed into the back game room (has TV for B-Ball game) & should have separate checks. See you all there!

Last edited:
Looks like we'll be unable to make it today. Been really busy the last few days and just need the rest of the day to regroup and get some work done.
When is Bakers back on? Looks like next weekend is going to be really great.

Back