• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

It was great seeing everyone that braved the cold & rain yesterday at Doc's, thanks Neal & Cindy for setting it up!

Good weather should be here by mid-week, and I hope to have 2 cars (1 red, 1 silver ;^) off the dollies at least by next weekend :cool:

Brian

Again, sorry I missed it yesterday.
Looks like Bakers doesn't start until May. I am planning on hitting Autozone in Birmingham on Sat morning 8-10AM. Its early, but very worth it as there is always an amazing array of cars there, you never know what might show up any given week. And right after I might try hitting the new Cars and Coffee event in Troy, looks like this will be their first one. Discussed here on F chat...
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275652

If you click on the link halfway down the thread, the pics show you what Autozone can be like.....

Last edited:
I missed it too Ryan..(Spartan B-Ball...beer...= no drive!!) BUT I also am planning on the same for Saturday! Hope to see you there.

I've never seen 80 degrees on April 1st in my short life...nice joke!

I hope you guys are enjoying your cars. I've had a few NSX's up here to tune and putt around in so I'm "coping".

Open track day at Gingerman tomorrow! I'll be down there along with a customer in his 450+WHP Meth Injected turbocharged, Stoptech-equipped beast! We will be running half of the day, 9-12.

Come on down!

Happy Easter to everyone!
Scott, great to see you yesterday, the new ride is beautiful..and sounded really mean too when you left.
Found some threads with pictures of the C&C meet yesterday....
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7053237#post7053237

http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndogwelding/with/4486847926/

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19099101#post19099101

Enjoy. (I am also kind wondering if that Twin Turbo Lingenfelter Vette is painted LBBP....looked similar.)

I'm headed out to the garage to unjam the ancient Alpine CD changer in the NSX! I really hate these big issues I have with the car.:rolleyes::biggrin:

Last edited:
Thought I would also post a couple pics from the other day here at home. A friend of mine was in town from Milwaukee with his C5 and my other friend was over with his newly acquired Elise...lots of red....

4488090341_52f0d240e2_b.jpg

4491842734_dc210ef4b7_o.jpg

Then I brought out a couple more red toys for fun....

4491217367_0b43723444_o.jpg

Then another friend brought over his International Scout...and ruined the whole theme of the party....

4491226559_314a128527_o.jpg

Sorry we couldn't join you guys in a meet, but I CAN add a little more RED to this thread :wink:
We now have both NSX's and the S2000 off the dollies, but still have a little work left to get the turbo road-ready.
I took advantage of the warm weather and spent time in the garage Saturday painting brake calipers on the turbo, & wondered how you guys handled all that wind outside!

Brian

Attachments

• Front LoveFab StopTech NSX Calipers Painted 4-3-10.jpg
    Front LoveFab StopTech NSX Calipers Painted 4-3-10.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Rear Lovefab NSX Calipers Painted 4-3-10.jpg
    Rear Lovefab NSX Calipers Painted 4-3-10.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 36
I took advantage of the warm weather and spent time in the garage Saturday painting brake calipers on the turbo, & wondered how you guys handled all that wind outside!

Brian

Easy, we did all of the work Friday when there was no wind. :biggrin:

PS. You should think about new rear rotors for the turbo.... :tongue:

Last edited:
Oh boy, that would look most AWESOME in our garage! If only we had some drywall up, but still......could be hung from floor trusses or bolted to the 2x4 stud wall! :biggrin::biggrin:

Judi

NSX spotting: I saw an orange 02+ in the Traverse City area yesterday and on thursday. Out of state plates reading DIRTBAG.

Is it a someone from Prime? Any idea?

NSX spotting: I saw an orange 02+ in the Traverse City area yesterday and on thursday. Out of state plates reading DIRTBAG.

Is it a someone from Prime? Any idea?

Not from Prime, but it's a 500whp/400wtq car that we are finishing up a built motor/turbo install on.

Two weeks ago:
CumminsAlsNSXmUltiNSX038.jpg

I prefer to put around 500 miles on new motors to ensure proper operation and smoothness and also to allow the customer to "get in and go" upon delivery. I'm gonna miss this car, it's truly a great example of an NA2 NSX!

I love the plate because it simply does not match the car at all! :biggrin:

Not from Prime, but it's a 500whp/400wtq car that we are finishing up a built motor/turbo install on.

Two weeks ago:
CumminsAlsNSXmUltiNSX038.jpg

I prefer to put around 500 miles on new motors to ensure proper operation and smoothness and also to allow the customer to "get in and go" upon delivery. I'm gonna miss this car, it's truly a great example of an NA2 NSX!

I love the plate because it simply does not match the car at all! :biggrin:

Cody so you have to have a "built" engine to get 500hp with your kits then right? What do they make on NA2's w/o being built?? Thanks!

The "built motor" part comes from an unqualified shop attempting to install one of my kits on the car and skipping crucial but simple steps during the process. The customer wants reliability and an easy 500whp should prove to run another 100,000 miles on this motor. The 400WTQ is the fun part :)

Most stock C32B's run 430-450WHP with 320-330WTQ at 8-9psi of boost. The black car on the lower left made 478whp with Meth Injection. He tracks the crap out of the car and has done so for over a year now.

Two weeks ago:
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/codyatlovefab/CumminsAlsNSXmUltiNSX038.jpg[/IG]

I love the plate because it simply does not match the car at all! :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

should have guessed it was one of your projects...

Hey Cody, we'll hopefully be getting the beast out by the end of the week :biggrin:
As you know, a bit of last weekend was consumed with selling off some spare race car parts......so we do have a bunch more space in the upstairs garage storage area now!

Brian
(hmmmm, that illuminated HONDA sign might look good up there ;^)

28 pages and counting, most epic!

I could place money a little more wiser than an electricity consuming sign...though yes it would look great! :)

Great to hear on the beast! I would be very careful about letting people drive the car, that kind of power is not for the amateur driver! Even on the low boost setting ;)

Had a spotting myself yesterday. Was on the way home from Milwaukee and somewhere around Jackson on 94 saw a 91-93 Formula Red going the opposite direction...looked bone stock and really clean. Anyone know who it might be? I stared at him and pointed it out to Bree and he was staring right back. Must have felt the presence of another NSXer.....or was just checking out my sweet 12 year old bimmer...:tongue:

Great to hear on the beast! I would be very careful about letting people drive the car, that kind of power is not for the amateur driver! Even on the low boost setting ;)
We've screened well so far, as the worst resulting consequence to date has been a blend of awe and spastic giddiness :biggrin:

Brian

Had a spotting myself yesterday. Was on the way home from Milwaukee and somewhere around Jackson on 94 saw a 91-93 Formula Red going the opposite direction...looked bone stock and really clean. Anyone know who it might be? I stared at him and pointed it out to Bree and he was staring right back. Must have felt the presence of another NSXer.....or was just checking out my sweet 12 year old bimmer...:tongue:

It's a doc in Jackson, It is bone stock and a fair weather car only. I keep parking next to him when I am at Allegiance Hospital in Jackson hoping to infect him with the bug:biggrin:. So far he has been resistant.

Back