• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Baker's sounds good.

Neal, Judi, Brian, Ryan, Jorligan sorry I missed you all yesterday. I was there between 4:45 and 5:30 but didn't run into any of you -- suspect you may have been inside having a drink/dinner. Next time.

Best,
Jeff

Jeff,
Sorry I missed you. Hope to meet up in the future. We were inside eating.
Tim (Jorligan)

Neal, Judi, Brian, Ryan, Jorligan sorry I missed you all yesterday. I was there between 4:45 and 5:30 but didn't run into any of you -- suspect you may have been inside having a drink/dinner. Next time.

Best,
Jeff

Tim, thanks for the response -- hopefully we will meet up soon. I was there with my buddy who works at Bosch. He is currently involved in the windshield wiper system for next gen Fusion and of course one of the first thing he noticed was that you had removed your wipers! Me, I noticed the big brake set up, the Momo steering wheel, etc., etc. but no, not Craig! Too funny.

Neal, I saw Cindy's car there -- she must have been with you -- sorry I neglected to address my post to her as well.

I posted a while ago about trying to schedule a get together with a view to soliciting interest -- scant response other than Ryan. So, here goes again :smile:. All those who are interested in getting together on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in the fall please let me know. Perhaps a BBQ lunch or early dinner at Kensington followed by a mass drive. I know that the summer is tough with everyone's vacation schedules so I'm thinking about second half of September/early October. Any takers?

Best,
Jeff

Tim, thanks for the response -- hopefully we will meet up soon. I was there with my buddy who works at Bosch. He is currently involved in the windshield wiper system for next gen Fusion and of course one of the first thing he noticed was that you had removed your wipers! Me, I noticed the big brake set up, the Momo steering wheel, etc., etc. but no, not Craig! Too funny.

Neal, I saw Cindy's car there -- she must have been with you -- sorry I neglected to address my post to her as well.

I posted a while ago about trying to schedule a get together with a view to soliciting interest -- scant response other than Ryan. So, here goes again :smile:. All those who are interested in getting together on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in the fall please let me know. Perhaps a BBQ lunch or early dinner at Kensington followed by a mass drive. I know that the summer is tough with everyone's vacation schedules so I'm thinking about second half of September/early October. Any takers?

Best,
Jeff

Count me in.

It looks like I missed a big contingent of local NSX'rs last Sunday. I plan on being out at Bakers this Sunday. I hope to see some of the old (and new) gang.

For a short time at Bakers this afternoon I had the pleasure of meeting Al and some members of his family. I also had the pleasure of seeing his NSX and it is as clean as clean can be -- a beautiful machine. I wanted to hear how the exhaust sounds since Cody and I have been talking about a system for my /94. Exhaust sounds wonderful -- just the sound I am looking for. And to top it all off, Al took me for a ride and I experienced first hand what huge HP/TQ is like in an NSX (courtesy of Cody in large part if I recall correctly). Oh my God is about all I can say! Al, many thanks and good to finally meet you. Cody, if you happen to read this post, your sense that I'd like the sound of the exhaust you built for Al was bang on. I'll be in touch in the fall.

Best,
Jeff

Al's car is a monster! Considering it made over 300WHP all-motor, it's no wonder he's making almost 450WHP at just 8psi of boost.

The exhaust on Al's NSX has been standard-issue on our Turbo NSX's since late 2005 because of the universal "mellow" sound. Combined with the wastegate cracking open at full wail, the sound is pure bliss. I'm glad you enjoyed the experience! If there is any inidication that you too might want anything close to Al's power behind your NSX, please don't hesitate to give me another call!

Cody,

I was thinking that you might reply along the lines you did! I'm pretty confident in my masculinity so I'll say this in a public post -- THE VIOLENCE (ALBEIT A GOOD VIOLENCE) WITH WHICH AL'S CAR ACCELERATES ACTUALLY SCARES ME A BIT. :eek: Man, did things happen fast when he got on it. The upside to this is that the car now has the accelerative force to go with its looks.

I'll be in touch on the headers/exhaust. Al suggested a cold air intake so we'll have to chat about that as well.

Best,
Jeff

TODAY (Sunday) 1230 - 2 PM on CBS :biggrin: ALMS race replay of last Saturday's Mid Ohio race.

I spent the day on woodward. I saw three NSX's. A red 95+ for sale, a 2000 silver for sale at Auto Europe, and a blue 95+ that was supercharged. Apparently that last one belongs to a Prime member. It sounded really, really good too.

And Perry, thanks for coming out. As always, it was great to see you again.

I spent the day on woodward. I saw three NSX's. A red 95+ for sale, a 2000 silver for sale at Auto Europe, and a blue 95+ that was supercharged. Apparently that last one belongs to a Prime member. It sounded really, really good too.

And Perry, thanks for coming out. As always, it was great to see you again.

I didn;t know you were out there! Was that some crappy weather yesterday or what? I did see the silver one at AutoEurope but didn't see the other two. I walked from 15 mi down to 13 mi and back and walked along old Woodward in Birmingham as well. I also cruised down to 11 mi and back (in my RL). I may go out today and see who is still there since the weather is supposed to be nicer.

Dear NSX Friends:

Ryan, Neal, Brian, Judi and I have been talking about trying to set up a get-together to which all of our MI NSX brothers and sisters (and families) will be welcome. Ryan and I will try and spearhead this endeavor. Given that so many of us have vacation and other plans on the weekends in the summer our collective thinking is that after Labor Day might work best for all. Before setting the date I would like to get an approximate head count of folks that are interested and some "blackout dates" that don't work for those interested. Feel free to reply on the board as opposed to via PM so we are all in the loop. Yesterday when I saw Ryan, Neal, Judi and Brian we talked about possibly doing something by way of picnic at Kensington Metro Park -- perhaps a Sunday early afternoon for lunch followed by a convoy drive. I'm thinking we cater this event so no one has to work too hard! I'm not sure when the Sunday afternoon festivities at Bakers end (sorry Neal, you were good enough to give me the list but I don't have ready access to it this moment) but if that's still an option on the date we pick perhaps we could end our drive over at Bakers for a bit. It would be nice to have lots of NSX over at Bakers once this season. I'm thinking either Sunday September 19th or 26th. Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Best regards,
Jeff

PS -- Brian/Judi, thanks for the opportunity to drive your /92 on Sunday. This was very helpful insofar as my exhaust research is concerned. I'd love for you guys to take my /94 for a day -- would like to get your impressions on some of the little issues I've mentioned to you. Will call or PM you guys to set that up, thx.

Michigan group - nobody passed away and made me the boss-man, or even the farm-hand.

I was watching Brian's (SourceNSX, our midwest NSXCA rep.) post up for any NSXCA sanctioned get-together, and it was decided the Cincinnati and area owners are getting together September 19th Sunday for a cook-out and drive from Brian's Source One facility in Milford, OH, not official NSXCA event but a fine owner's group.

Thinking Sunday (19th) might be IT for us here in SE Michigan. Race 6 at Waterford Hills Sports Car Course and the last Baker's Cruise is the following weekend, Sept. 25-26, so that weekend is out.

Blodi please weigh in. Believe we should meet Sunday 19th ~ 1 P at your garage (Farmington Hills, MI) or nearby. Then cruise to Bakers (Milford, MI) for an appearance and pick up (3 P ?) of any other cool cars, then a country drive ending into Ypsilanti, MI. (Hey, Ryan, pressure is on!)

I'm willing to chart the drive/provide mappage (new werd!) from Baker's to Ypsi.

Finish there with order-off-menu and cold somethings. I will call ahead to arrange their "head's-up" for kitchen staff and parking where we can view our cars.

I think that sounds doable Neal. Hopefully our driveway will be resurfaced by then...its a bit bad right now. Heck, the whole house is still a fair mess right now, but we are finally planning on moving this weekend. It will be nice to finally spend a night there now that we've owned it for 6 weeks.
Anyways, I'm in for the meet and having people meet up at our place. We can certainly open it up to other fellow enthusiasts too.

Right on, September 19th sounds good to me!

OK, are we going to finally get 10+ NSX's together ???

Brian

Right on, September 19th sounds good to me!

OK, are we going to finally get 10+ NSX's together ???

Brian

Well so far...

Ryan. 1 NSX
Jeff 1 NSX
Neal 1 NSX
Cindy 1 NSX
Brian 1 NSX
Judi 1 NSX
Tim 1 NSX

Thats 7....pretty good start! I just saw Justified's red 05 a couple weeks ago up by my house parked. Wonder if he ever stops by the boards anymore.
There were a couple Grand Rapids guys possibly interested in joining up for a meet too a while back. Dennis/Tim, Perry, Al, Motegi, Cody, Rotary Junkie..who else am I missing? I think we can make 10 + happen somehow if people can make it.

I may come depending on conditions since it is alot closer then cincy and hate putting miles on the car but not to sure if i will be around for everything maybe just for the drive.

Dennis/Tim, Perry, Al, Motegi, Cody, Rotary Junkie..who else am I missing? I think we can make 10 + happen somehow if people can make it.
Maybe we can get Roger (fastcat) to join us as well :biggrin:

Judi

Michigan group - nobody passed away and made me the boss-man, or even the farm-hand.

I was watching Brian's (SourceNSX, our midwest NSXCA rep.) post up for any NSXCA sanctioned get-together, and it was decided the Cincinnati and area owners are getting together September 19th Sunday for a cook-out and drive from Brian's Source One facility in Milford, OH, not official NSXCA event but a fine owner's group.

Thinking Sunday (19th) might be IT for us here in SE Michigan. Race 6 at Waterford Hills Sports Car Course and the last Baker's Cruise is the following weekend, Sept. 25-26, so that weekend is out.

Blodi please weigh in. Believe we should meet Sunday 19th ~ 1 P at your garage (Farmington Hills, MI) or nearby. Then cruise to Bakers (Milford, MI) for an appearance and pick up (3 P ?) of any other cool cars, then a country drive ending into Ypsilanti, MI. (Hey, Ryan, pressure is on!)

I'm willing to chart the drive/provide mappage (new werd!) from Baker's to Ypsi.

Finish there with order-off-menu and cold somethings. I will call ahead to arrange their "head's-up" for kitchen staff and parking where we can view our cars.

I am pretty sure I can make it. Will likely join everyone at Bakers and partake in the festivities from there on. Looking forward to it!

Ryan, thx for adding me to the list -- I'm good for the 19th -- looking forward to seeing everyone!

Best,
Jeff

Back