• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Going to try but only could make it for the Bakers part for a bit.........

Hey Guys,
Not sure if any of you saw my post in the "Prospective Owners" section, but I'm looking at possibly buying an NSX in the future, but have only seen a couple in my life, and have never gotten a close look or sat in one. I live in Clarkston and work in Milford, so I was wondering if I could stop by and check out your cars at Bakers?

Hey Guys,
Not sure if any of you saw my post in the "Prospective Owners" section, but I'm looking at possibly buying an NSX in the future, but have only seen a couple in my life, and have never gotten a close look or sat in one. I live in Clarkston and work in Milford, so I was wondering if I could stop by and check out your cars at Bakers?

Sure just come on out. Keep an eye on the thread for a time the NSX's will be at Bakers and you can see NSX's from 91 to 04, stock to highly modified.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
Had you been out to Waterford Hills last weekend (our local road racing course, right in your backyard in Clarkston: www.waterfordhills.com ;^) you could have checked out and probably gotten a ride around the track in Roger's '91 NSX during a lunchtime 'touring' session. Cindy also had her 2005 there on Sunday.
The weather for this coming Sunday looks promising, cooler but hopefully dry.......so if it stays that way we'll probably head over to Baker's with one of ours.
Thanks for posting in the Midwest Section (didn't notice your other thread until you mentioned it), you have a vast resource to tap into here that benefited us in our own search a few years back.

Cheers,
Brian

Thanks for the welcome guys. I will try my best to be out to Bakers Sunday the 19th. I have a barefoot (waterski) race Saturday north of Grand Rapids, and then a bachelor party Saturday night, so I'll probably be a bit tired.

SCA,
I've always heard about Waterford Hills, but have never been there. I'll have to check it out. Are you going to Bakers this Sunday (the 4th), or are you talking about the 19th?

I've always heard about Waterford Hills, but have never been there. I'll have to check it out. Are you going to Bakers this Sunday (the 4th), or are you talking about the 19th?
We've been active members at Waterford Hills since 1988, and would love to show you around. The next race weekend is the last one for the season (Sept. 25-26), so plan to come out as our guest.
If the weather is good, we're planning on being at Baker's this coming Sunday (the 5th).

Brian

I take it that Baker's is an eating establishment? Could someone give me their address? Thanks in advance. Dan
Yes Dan, their food is quite good too:
http://www.bakersofmilford.com/1/252/cruisin.asp
Their address is; 2025 S. Milford Road (Milford, MI) 48381
We've never done the cruise part, just thoroughly enjoyed the car show and dinner aspects of it ;^D

Brian

Bringing the purple monster out on the 19th Brian?

I might actually drive the NSX down if I can get away for the day.
We'll be bringing both cars out on the 19th, and it would be GREAT if you could join us Cody :cool:
We have a guest room if you would like to stay overnight.....

Brian

Liz and I will try to be there as well.

OK 'Malibu' and Dan, if the weather still looks good this Sunday (9/5) we will be heading over to Baker's around 2pm.
I know it's a long drive from GR, so Dan if we get to meet you on the 19th only I completely understand.

Who's IN for tomorrow?
Brian

OK 'Malibu' and Dan, if the weather still looks good this Sunday (9/5) we will be heading over to Baker's around 2pm.
I know it's a long drive from GR, so Dan if we get to meet you on the 19th only I completely understand.

Who's IN for tomorrow?
Brian
I'm not going to to be able to make tomorrow. I had plans to be out on the lake. I do plan on being out the 19th, and I'd love to come out to Waterford Hills on the 25th.

I'm not going to to be able to make tomorrow. I had plans to be out on the lake. I do plan on being out the 19th, and I'd love to come out to Waterford Hills on the 25th.
Tim, no problem.......the local NSX gang is looking forward to seeing you on the 19th, and personally Judi and I would be more than happy to show you around our home track at the end of the month (and sadly, the racing season as well!) after that.

Brian

Special Tool

No, "special tool" is not a reference to a jerk who rides the short bus :biggrin:

I made a tool that allows an easy and relatively mess-free way to refill your NSX manual transaxle after a fluid change.
It's a bit of hose (a 944 coolant crossover piece IIRC) that has the tip of an old turkey baster fitted on one end that fits nicely into the transmission fill plug opening, and the other end is upturned and small-mouthed bottles fit right in without a funnel.
Once the left rear wheel has been removed it pops right into place, and it really made putting the Redline lightweight shockproof oil into the LoveFab car a snap!

Let me know if anyone would like to borrow this homemade contraption and we'll work something out :cool:

Attachments

• NSX transaxle filler tool.jpg
    NSX transaxle filler tool.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Re: Special Tool

No, "special tool" is not a reference to a jerk who rides the short bus :biggrin:

I made a tool that allows an easy and relatively mess-free way to refill your NSX manual transaxle after a fluid change.
It's a bit of hose (a 944 coolant crossover piece IIRC) that has the tip of an old turkey baster fitted on one end that fits nicely into the transmission fill plug opening, and the other end is upturned and small-mouthed bottles fit right in without a funnel.
Once the left rear wheel has been removed it pops right into place, and it really made putting the Redline lightweight shockproof oil into the LoveFab car a snap!

Let me know if anyone would like to borrow this homemade contraption and we'll work something out :cool:

How much oil was necessary and what was the "shockproof oil" Of course everyone says that we should use the Honda MTL but I am open to all ideas. Will be changing out my fluid soon so I would really like to borrow the tool.

It is my pleasure to announce details for our Michigan NSX gathering and drive scheduled for Sunday, September 19th, 2010. Here is our agenda –

1 PM Pre-meeting and latest NSX mod blab fest at Ryan’s new home in Farmington Hills, MI. Due to privacy concerns, please send a private message (pm) to Ryan for address and directions, at Prime user name blodi

2 PM Short drive to meeting place for any other cars and participants – meet promptly at 2 PM in parking lot of Roosevelt’s Pub, northwest corner of Orchard Lake Road and Twelve Mile Road, Farmington Hills. Exit I-696 at Orchard Lake Road and proceed north, turning left (west) onto Twelve Mile and immediate right into parking lot. In Orchard-12 Plaza, next to Einstein’s, and behind Shell station.

215 PM Depart from parking lot for group drive out I-96 and north on Milford Road to Baker’s.

245 – 400 PM Enjoy Baker’s Sunday Cruise-In. There is a car parts swap meet going on in the south parking area this particular Sunday, so we may have to park in the rear (east) lot to cluster our aluminum.

4 – 415 PM Driver's briefing/distribute maps for drive. Please return to our parking cluster promptly at 4 PM for this.

415 PM Depart Baker’s for drive, to proceed south through South Lyon, west to Whitmore Lake, south to northern edge of Ann Arbor, then east and south into Ypsilanti, MI. As many curves as we can find, and even a couple of hills!

~ 515 PM Arrive at the Corner Brewery, 720 Norris Street, Ypsilanti. Park in north parking lot (can see our cars from inside!). Food, handcrafted beers, wine, pop available for purchase.

See: http://www.arborbrewing.com/?site=cornerbrewery

I would appreciate you posting up on your participation in this, and how many people will be with you. Spouses are MOST WELCOME! I wish to provide the Corner staff a reasonable head count for their staffing needs.

Rainout :mad: call number 734-718-7463.
RAIN DATE: Sunday October 17th.

Re: Special Tool

How much oil was necessary and what was the "shockproof oil" Of course everyone says that we should use the Honda MTL but I am open to all ideas. Will be changing out my fluid soon so I would really like to borrow the tool.
Tim, the capacity is 2.9 quarts.....so it's perfect to fill to 3 quarts because I suppose those insightful Honda engineers knew you'll lose .1 while getting the fill plug re-installed :wink:
I'm thinking that if Cody thinks the purple boostmonster would benefit from the Redline lightweight (there are 3 grades- the lightweight is smurf blue) shockproof gear oil, then your blue beastie might as well.

Let me know when you would like to do it!
Brian

Last edited:
It is my pleasure to announce details for our Michigan NSX gathering and drive scheduled for Sunday, September 19th, 2010. Here is our agenda –

1 PM Pre-meeting and latest NSX mod blab fest at Ryan’s new home in Farmington Hills, MI. Due to privacy concerns, please send a private message (pm) to Ryan for address and directions, at Prime user name blodi

2 PM Short drive to meeting place for any other cars and participants – meet promptly at 2 PM in parking lot of Roosevelt’s Pub, northwest corner of Orchard Lake Road and Twelve Mile Road, Farmington Hills. Exit I-696 at Orchard Lake Road and proceed north, turning left (west) onto Twelve Mile and immediate right into parking lot. In Orchard-12 Plaza, next to Einstein’s, and behind Shell station.

215 PM Depart from parking lot for group drive out I-96 and north on Milford Road to Baker’s.

245 – 400 PM Enjoy Baker’s Sunday Cruise-In. There is a car parts swap meet going on in the south parking area this particular Sunday, so we may have to park in the rear (east) lot to cluster our aluminum.

4 – 415 PM Driver's briefing/distribute maps for drive. Please return to our parking cluster promptly at 4 PM for this.

415 PM Depart Baker’s for drive, to proceed south through South Lyon, west to Whitmore Lake, south to northern edge of Ann Arbor, then east and south into Ypsilanti, MI. As many curves as we can find, and even a couple of hills!

~ 515 PM Arrive at the Corner Brewery, 720 Norris Street, Ypsilanti. Park in north parking lot (can see our cars from inside!). Food, handcrafted beers, wine, pop available for purchase.

See: http://www.arborbrewing.com/?site=cornerbrewery

I would appreciate you posting up on your participation in this, and how many people will be with you. Spouses are MOST WELCOME! I wish to provide the Corner staff a reasonable head count for their staffing needs.

Rainout :mad: call number 734-718-7463.
RAIN DATE: Sunday October 17th.

Right on, Neal!

Let's start the list:

1. Judi (+ NSX)
2. Brian (+ NSX)

Will try our best to make it and if we do Bakers only.......

We will make it from GR, weather permitting. We will do Baker's, the drive and the Corner Brewery if time allows.

Dan & Sara from GR (+ NSX) @ Baker's

Last edited:
Back