• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

OK, we've seen Motegi's great photographs and Axerjk's video footage of the day, so how about everyone else?
Post 'em here, or perhaps like Motegi did over in the Gallery.

Brian

:smile: Sun's out - temp is decent - it's Wednesday - and that means NSX's cruising into CJ's at Compuware Arena for cheap $5 buck pizza pies and yummy nachos at 5 PM or so.

I seen someone in the M3 snapping a picture when i was running down the highway i am hoping that turned out good enough to be up soon since i dont have any rolling pics or really any good pics of my car. Maybe here after i get it cleaned up for the winter i can get some good pics

Some snapshots of the afternoon......

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 54
Thank you to each of you who took the time to visit with us Sunday 9-19-2010. Some of you drove long distances.
You were the individuals who made our GTG a smashing success!

It's so much fun to view everyone's photographs and video. Will make for uplifting (winter) review. Did you wonder how many in attendance had never seen (this color) (this model year) (so many together) (an automatic trans NSX) (the pallette of colors) ?

Keep the photos coming. :biggrin:

Saturday was the annual Fun Run at Waterford Hills, which is an event that has the drivers staffing all the volunteer positions and the volunteer workers hitting the track.
The day started out wet & chilly, but at least ended up dry and chilly.
Judi and I both entered our LoveFab NSX, and her run group was early so she hit the track with active rain and large puddles.
The car was a bit of a handful under those conditions, but what the heck it is in the dry as well :biggrin:
She did great, never putting a wheel wrong and also winning her class.
Jeff Cauley brought out 2 new Ferraris.....a California and a 458 Italia.
They were giving charity rides at lunchtime, and since it had stopped raining that really helped dissipate the remaining water and puddles. Thanks guys!!!
I was in one of the last run groups, so I got to play on a completely dry track!
This was the first time I could ever truly let the reins out a bit on the Lovefab car, so as my confidence increased so did the pressure on my right foot.
Of the 5 timed standing-start runs, I was able to wind out third (@full boost) by the braking point of the back straight on the last 2, which was quite fun and also good for FTD :cool:

Next stop......Vegas, baby for NSXPO 2010!
Brian

Attachments

• Judi ready to launch.jpg
    Judi ready to launch.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Cauley 458 & California.jpg
    Cauley 458 & California.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 36
  • On Track.jpg
    On Track.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Wow, that thing must be a handful in the rain! As you said, its already tricky enough when its dry.
I managed to get out to the S2K meet and drive yesterday. Great fall weather for a drive. Had a lot of fun and hit some really good twisty stuff on the way to the cider mill.

Ryan, way to represent!
Judi's folks came into town yesterday, which precluded our joining the gang for the Cider Mill drive.
Due to the wet conditions, Judi was getting wheelspin in 3rd down the back straight, which sure sounded cool (glad it wasn't me ;^)
In the dry the car just hooked up and boogied for me, and I only had one 'moment' requiring me to gather things back up, so much fun for sure!
Chris, the Ferraris were there to give deserving kids some rides......and you know how undeserving I truly am :biggrin:
Even though there is no true manual available in the 458, it sounded quite good on-track and looked much better in person that in pictures.

Brian

Attachments

• Judi had fun.jpg
    Judi had fun.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 44
Chris, I wonder if you guys would want to play at Liberty Street brewing in Plymouth?
They have an upstairs area that has been known to host a band or 2 before ;^D
We participated in a FOC drive on Saturday morning that included a tour of Ken Lingenfelter's car collection.
It's been on our list of things to check out for a few years now, and my oh my was it fantastic.
I mean, wow............mere superlatives simply can't do descriptive justice to his stable.

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_0952.jpg
    IMG_0952.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 43
Chris, I wonder if you guys would want to play at Liberty Street brewing in Plymouth?
They have an upstairs area that has been known to host a band or 2 before ;^D
We participated in a FOC drive on Saturday morning that included a tour of Ken Lingenfelter's car collection.
It's been on our list of things to check out for a few years now, and my oh my was it fantastic.
I mean, wow............mere superlatives simply can't do descriptive justice to his stable.

Brian

Hey Brian!

Haven't heard of the place, but I'm checking out the website right now to see if it would fit our band. It appears to have a built in crowd, which is important for us. Thank you for the recommendation, I will check it out!

The Lingenfelter Collection sure is AMAZING! I went to that this past May and it was breathtaking. I definitely plan on going there again.

Chris

From 9-19-2010 gathering of Michigan - IN - OH - ONT NSX's -

NSXMichiganGet-TogetherSept2010002.jpg

NSXMichiganGet-TogetherSept2010001.jpg

NSXMichiganGet-TogetherSept2010007.jpg

NSXMichiganGet-TogetherSept2010004.jpg

NSXMichiganGet-TogetherSept2010006.jpg

From last night's NSX service-palooza :biggrin:

We got the Imola's engine and transaxle oils changed, and I'm checking out the driver's side CV's on the purple car.

Brian

Attachments

• NSX Service Center.jpg
    NSX Service Center.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 50
Nice work, Chris........it's good to show some love to the off-brand hardware that joined us that day :biggrin:
Seriously, I would like to appeal for a ride in the Noble sometime at NSXPO. Judi and I have only been able to just sit in one at Autorama and make zoom-zoom noises!
Speaking of Vegas, we got the DS axle replaced last night so things are looking good for the purple boostmonster :eek:

Thanks again Mike!!!

Brian

Attachments

• DS Axle ready for removal.jpg
    DS Axle ready for removal.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Repacking CV's.jpg
    Repacking CV's.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 34
Thanks Brian! I had some good footage of a great car and didn't want it to go to waste!

So they actually had a Noble at Autorama?? When was this?

I shall see you and Judi on Saturday!

Chris

OK, another NSX & a Noble have been added to Cody's car hauling trailer.....and are now Vegas-bound.
I do believe that he'll rather need a vacation once he arrives :biggrin:

Brian

Hello from Arizona! I wish Vegas was closer so I could come visit you all. It was great seeing you, Brian and Judi, thank you for coming the other day!

Chris

Back