• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

lol no joke.

The sedan is the XE in Firenza Red. It's the S package, which means the sport suspension, 380 hp supercharged V6, and other goodness. Liking it... wonderful handling for an AWD sedan, balance and coherence between front and rear.

I spent some time looking at that in Jag's website. Sounds very nice, indeed. And AWD for year-round driving.

TWO questions for you guys/gals:

1) Do we still recommend AutoLavish for paint correction/waxing? Anyone else known and trusted? I am interested in exterior treatment for 2005 LBBP auto with ~ 26xxx miles.

2) Do we know any reputable installers for wrap? I might look to doing a roof/A-pillars/mirrors wrap (gloss black?).

As always, THANKS in advance :smile:

No doubt Autolavish (Marc) is the best. He is super busy so if you want to get your car done call him soon. He worked on the NSX at our house around 6 years ago and with proper washing, etc on our end since it still looks amazing. You will not be disappointed. No idea for a wrap contact but I think Marc knows some people.

2) Do we know any reputable installers for wrap? I might look to doing a roof/A-pillars/mirrors wrap (gloss black?).

I haven't used these guys, but a friend of mine who works at a body shop in Eastpointe takes customer cars all the way to Plymouth because this place is that good.

Clear Auto Bra Michigan
558 Farmer
Plymouth, MI 48170
734-259-0021

Clear Auto Bra did the bra on my NSX, I didn't know they did wraps too. You have to make an appointment to get your car in. If you call them they will put you on the list and the 3rd week of the month start calling people to make appointments for the next month.

Clear Auto Bra did the bra on my NSX, I didn't know they did wraps too. You have to make an appointment to get your car in. If you call them they will put you on the list and the 3rd week of the month start calling people to make appointments for the next month.

Honestly, I guessed that they might do wraps (since they effectively do clear wraps).

I will ask them when I'm there, I have an appointment next week to put a new bra on my car.

Let me know if you try that place, it's near me and the prices looks pretty reasonable for what they do. I need to the get the s2k done, the black paint is full of swirls.

Let me know if you try that place, it's near me and the prices looks pretty reasonable for what they do. I need to the get the s2k done, the black paint is full of swirls.

Rob, I've used Classic Appreciation for many of my cars. They used to have a location in Birmingham that was close to my office -- all operations now consolidated in Rochester. Ask for Casey, he is excellent. I won't entrust the NSX to many people but they've had it a couple of times. Feel free to tell Casey I sent you (just tell him Jeff with the red NSX).

Best,
Jeff

The name I thought I recognized. Al (duffer) used to use them all the time when they were in Birmingham. He thought they were good and that was saying something coming from al, however, Marc detailed his car many years ago before al moved down south and al,could not say enough about Marc and his services. Marc really know his stuff, heck right now he is working on his 7th new ford GT. He uses all the brand new products (c-quartz, etc) attention to detail you cannot find anyone better. He was invited to work on a koiensegg at the auto show this past winter and if you can work/polish a $500k HyperCard you can work on a NSX I guess. He has a serious passion for the NSX and to this day he still says my dads is the finest blue he has ever seen on any car. Honda did the NSX right and he would just make it that much better. I know it sounds like I am selling Marc but the way the NSX calm out when he was done I was amazed, I never thought a car could look that good.

Speaking of the NSX, we are waiting a 120amp fuse so it will run. When we were bringing it out of storage some dummy (not me) accidentally revesered the battery cables and boom there goes the alarm and the fuse. We had no clue what happened but thanks to prime I found a few threads with many people doing the same thing. LOL. Oh well, $8.00 and hopefully it comes in a few days and the car will be back out.

Last edited:
Right on.

L15A engine from a 2009 Honda Fit (SOHC). Need cylinder boring (including alignment to the crank), con rod & piston balancing, block and head decking, valves and seats cut and aligned. That's about all.
The best lead I have received so far is the shop Koffel's Place/B1 Heads;
http://www.b1heads.com/services.html

Hope that helps,
Brian

Rob, I've used Classic Appreciation for many of my cars. They used to have a location in Birmingham that was close to my office -- all operations now consolidated in Rochester. Ask for Casey, he is excellent. I won't entrust the NSX to many people but they've had it a couple of times. Feel free to tell Casey I sent you (just tell him Jeff with the red NSX).

Best,
Jeff

I stopped by and talked with Hannah (office manager) about having my S2000 done, Casey doesn't work there anymore. They are running about 2 weeks behind on appointments. I'll let you know how it turns out. Has anyone tried doing a ceramic paint coating on their car and how much easier it is to keep it clean that way? My s2k is black and you can almost watch it get dirty in front of your eyes, even sitting in the garage.

Thanks for that info Rob. I'm going to try and track Kasey(not a typo) down to see if he has moved to a different shop. He was the only guy there that I had any relationship with and he was just great. Need to find him! I do not have a cell number but do know his last name.

Calling alum04 detective agency.........come in alum04!

I talked to Larry this morning, Clear Auto Bra does not do wraps. He did say when anyone asks that he has a guy in Livonia that is really good so he sends everyone to him. If you're looking call Larry and ask him.

Bob

Rob one of my friends tracked down and talked with Kasey. He's left the detailing world which is unfortunate as I was hoping that he might be looking to pick up some work. Not sure now where I will take NSX if it needs attention. For now, I'll wash/wax myself.

Best,
Jeff

I'm having them do my S2000 in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know how that goes.

I am in AZ (Scottsdale) on vacation now. I bought my /94 from a gentleman in Phoenix in 2009. I forgot how great the roads are here. Thoughts of departing MI within next 4 years have been running through my mind as I vacation here and note the road conditions are exemplary. I've made this observation from the seat of a racing bicycle over 100+ miles thus far. I'm sure "Baby" would be very happy if she had some decent roads to cover again...........

I heard it warmed up finally at home. Hope some of you guys took advantage of that already.

Best,
Jeff

^ I feel the same way every time I go on vacation.

I stalled after 10 minute drive yesterday, I have a loose ground that is draining the shorai battery. I decided to send the car to Brian at Source 1 for repairs and maintenance. I purchased a complete BASCH last year that I'm contemplating on installation.

When does construction season end? lol I know never

Jeff,
We were right in the same neck of the woods! Just got back saturday from Mesa and Sedona. It's amost eerie how smooth and quiet the roads are there. Not to mention how nice the weather is.

Hysterical. Were you w/Bree or on own? Too bad did not know this before we got here otherwise would have been nice to get together. Was at Sedona yesterday and today -- all roads great except those on our jeep tour which were more like MI roads. LOL. Hope to see you soon.

Best,
Jeff

Hysterical. Were you w/Bree or on own? Too bad did not know this before we got here otherwise would have been nice to get together. Was at Sedona yesterday and today -- all roads great except those on our jeep tour which were more like MI roads. LOL. Hope to see you soon.

Best,
Jeff

It was a family vaca for the week. Nice to get out of here and miss the last (hopefully) snow/ice for the season. Love it out there. I wanted to go stop by SOS while I was out there and check out the facility, but just ran out of time.

May 20th Sunday - W suburban Detroit gathering 11 AM - ?

Guys-n-Gals,

May 20th Sunday 11:00 A.M. to 1-2 P.M. A gathering of sports cars at Turbo Concepts.

6142 Gotfredson Road

Plymouth, MI 48170 (Salem Township – Detroit Metro West along M-14)

This is ¾ mile north of M-14 on Gotfredson Road on the east side, across from Karl’s Cabin Restaurant.

A hot dog, a cup of soda or water, and some nice cars. M/F restrooms available on site: Family friendly! Paved parking for some 85 cars.

Exotics appreciated. Turbo fans very appreciated as our host specializes in custom turbos.

No rainout date - if weather refuses to cooperate we take daily drivers there and huddle inside.

Last edited:
Trying to host photo elsewhere...

Edit. New Ford GT northbound US-23 8 miles north of Toledo, Ohio, 745 pm tonight (May 6th, Sunday). Michigan manufacturer's lic plate, little doubt it is a Ford marketing vehicle, maybe coming back from Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course although we did not see it there. Can't get 70 mph photo hosted and linked - will keep trying.

Last edited:
There were 4 of them there I saw, a maroon, a black, and if I remember right 2 different shades of blue.

Back