• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

It is a long drive if you go to Mackinac but you should consider driving from TC to Petoskey and then Harbor Springs to the Tunnel of Trees to Cross Village. I'll be up there for the week, will try to meet up if you are willing to drive from Petoskey to Mackinac.

If you're going over the bridge be sure to stop in Mackinaw City and get some fudge. I would have loved joining you guys again but I'll be in southeast Ohio/West Virginia having fun with the S2000 club Ohio group.
I was just down in Columbus visiting my folks. Father has a BMW, and when I suggested driving down to Hocking Hills he said that it's overrun with motorcycles. Still plan on going down in the later summer/autumn. Current issue of C&D has just one route laid out down there.
It is a long drive if you go to Mackinac but you should consider driving from TC to Petoskey and then Harbor Springs to the Tunnel of Trees to Cross Village. I'll be up there for the week, will try to meet up if you are willing to drive from Petoskey to Mackinac.
It's looking like we'll just be going to Traverse City, spending the night, and then returning back to flat-and-congested Illinois. Would like to meet you and all of the other Michigan guys more often. BTW, thanks for including your signature with the note...I read off your car list to my wife who's always giving me so much grief for my modest garage of cars! :)

Last edited:
Hocking Hills are very fun, I've been there a couple of times to photograph the waterfalls. I stopped there once during the winter on my way home from Cincinnati to photograph the frozen waterfalls. It was a bit of a hike through the woods and the path was very icy. At one point it was a slight downhill and solid ice and I looked like I was surfing as I slid down the path toward the water not being able to get any traction. I realized I couldn't stop and fell over and kept sliding and finally grabbed a little tree to stop from sliding into the river.

Checking in about a year later. Dad has a 92 with ~25k miles that he will most likely be looking to sell within the next year. We were planning on having the timing belt done before selling it, but it appears there are no options in the area unless we want to trailer it 4 hours away. Is it necessary to have it done before selling or let the new owner worry about it? If we should get it done, does anyone have any recommendations on where to take it?

It's 4 hours away but source one down by cincy is great. If you don't mind driving it down, I've dropped cars there then got a one way rental to drive back to Michigan, it was cheaper than renting a trailer to haul the car there.

Last edited:
My wife is taking golf lessons on Tuesday nights at Fox hills on M-14 and Gotfredson. I've been dropping her off at 6pm then doing a couple of hours of driving northwest of Ann Arbor on the old C&D loop and surrounding roads. It's not dragon but it's pretty fun, at least the most fun I can find in southeast Michigan. If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know, or if anyone knows of any fun roads in the area.

My wife is taking golf lessons on Tuesday nights at Fox hills on M-14 and Gotfredson. I've been dropping her off at 6pm then doing a couple of hours of driving northwest of Ann Arbor on the old C&D loop and surrounding roads. It's not dragon but it's pretty fun, at least the most fun I can find in southeast Michigan. If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know, or if anyone knows of any fun roads in the area.
I've never heard of the C&D loop! Is there a map? Sound like a good reason to go drive!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Rob, have you made the trek yet? is it a course that you prefer in the NSX or the S2000?

It was most cool that we had 3 NSX's converge on Baker's today!

Days like today are what sustain us in February and power us through a tough MI Winter, so we can relish these perfect Summer days :cool:

(I tried to share a photo but it appears it would have exceeded my "quota" by 808kb, maybe this explains why these Forums are being replaced by FB? :-(

valid point. Many other forums have implemented improvements to successfully thwart FB incursion.

Rob, have you made the trek yet? is it a course that you prefer in the NSX or the S2000?

I haven't even gotten the NSX out this summer yet, just the S2000. I've been driving the northwest of Ann Arbor area every tuesday night for the last month (just because the wife is taking golf lessons). I'll be there tomorrow night if you're interested.

Rainy weekend 'round here.
Hope to get out for a good drive later today if roadways dry...

I haven't even gotten the NSX out this summer yet, just the S2000. I've been driving the northwest of Ann Arbor area every tuesday night for the last month (just because the wife is taking golf lessons). I'll be there tomorrow night if you're interested.
Golf lessons at Fox Hills?

I need to do that C&D route with you... sounds like i need to bring the MX-5 Club for that drive.

If the rain stops before tuesday night I'll be out there if you want to join me.

Golf lessons at Fox Hills?

I need to do that C&D route with you... sounds like i need to bring the MX-5 Club for that drive.

Hey Patrick,

I saw a MX-5 Club like yours in the paddock at Waterford Hills this weekend, was it yours?

Brian

nope...

Laurie has been taking golf lesson at Fox Hills on tuesdays this summer so I've been dropping her off then going driving on the all fun roads north west of Ann Arbor. Laurie just figured out I've been driving right past your sub on the nights I was stopping in Dexter for rootbeer floats at A&W.

Richard visits Waterford Hills for an OTD (we were at GingerMan crewing for a friend so missed it) in his NSX, and made a cool video of the day.
He even gives a nice shout-out to Cindy around the 17 minute mark, who indeed is a local NSX dignitary :cool:

Brian

Wow, that's a great video. The track looks great!

I got a late start and via Rob's coaching and some obscure maps, made a solo run through the C&D loop. We're going to try and run together next week...

Was out last evening in the Imola Orange Pearl.
Got waved over by a purdy girl. :biggrin: Was in a 45 mph zone but managed to stop right next to her.
Found out she was nothing but a tease, as she looked at my NSX and then just kept strutting........

AwG963D.jpg

HaHa she will not be running along the road on 11/26...:wink:

Um, that's a dude bro :rolleyes:
Hmmm... that explains the Rainbow flag flying high above Neal's house when i drove by last week...

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

ya ,ya, dude looks like a lady...

Back