• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Hmmm... that explains the Rainbow flag flying high above Neal's house when i drove by last week...

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Not that there is anything wrong with that........

I was at Bakers yesterday sans NSX -- the usual crowd and some interesting rides. In the non-murica department a Jag XKE restored to a very high standard and two P-cars. Nothing else I saw.

One car that lit me up was an /84 Caprice Classic -- I've seen this car around here from time to time. The woman that owns it retired it from daily driver duty at 82,000 miles and the thing looks like new. We had a very nice conversation since my first car was a /77 Caprice Classic which was the first year of the downsized B-body cars from GM. They hit a home run with those. There are some things that the American car companies do very well and back then full size sedans were one of them. That car ran over 200K miles with very little in the way of mechanical issues. For what it was it was great!

Best,
Jeff

We were at Baker's as well (2:45-5:30 timeframe) but were in the van since we were on our way home from a OTD.

3 of us were even sitting outside for dinner!

Ugh, either we overlapped for a few minutes or I had just left when you arrived. Of course I did scour the lot looking for an NSX or two.

Got 151 miles on '05 LBBP 6 speed today - Toledo Cars N Coffee and then Bakers (Milford, MI).

At Toledo CnC this morning I met Eric (OMG NSX) , red/onyx 1995 NSX owner from Bowling Green, Ohio! He drove his white Civic Type R so he is total Honda/Acura fan too.

This nsx loves to run hard. Pics to follow. :smile:

Last edited:
Did a color run yesterday and wound up near Hell... News Flash! Hankerd Road had fresh new asphalt.

i drove it north but there was crazy coming south...

I was riding Hines this a.m. (around 10:30) on my racing bicycle. Saw a silver NSX with non-stock black wheels. Wonder who this is.

IMSA WeatherTech weekend at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course weekend of September 25-27th. I had a gen adm tix w/an infield parking pass. All grandstands closed. Only 6 K fans permitted. Plenty of room to roam and see the track from all infield vantage points. It was :rapture: PERFECT!

0oM1b5z.jpg

^^ Mid Ohio 120 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge

wvFvXog.jpg

^^ Stacy/Marcelli in Aston Martin Challenge car - they were banging it both races :biggrin:

5lIMZTL.jpg

^^ Acura DPi # 6 of Dane Cameron and J P Montoya booking into turn 5 (Madness; the Esses)

YLVdFda.jpg

^^ # 3 C8R of Garcia and Taylor in Madness

3l7EwiF.jpg

^^ Acura DPi completing turn 13 into home straight late in race

Last edited:
I was riding Hines this a.m. (around 10:30) on my racing bicycle. Saw a silver NSX with non-stock black wheels. Wonder who this is.
Owner in Plymouth i believe..

I've not participated in much this driving season. Prolly like most of you, no car fun due to conditions. The summer that never was. :mad: :redface:

So I got some shuteye last night and managed to blast down to Toledo, OHIO, for Toledo Cars N Coffee at Central Classic Cars (Central Ave Rt 20 Sylvania Twp. west of 23/475) this AM. As always, great cars - great friendly people. Amazing what comes out of Toledo garages :biggrin:
Featured marquee today was Ferrari 308 model. Owner Ken was there, and organizer Tony K did a wonderful presentation on the 308 model(s).

jygo2W8.jpg

cp4LOsq.jpg

xMSnsAe.jpg

A3YEiLX.jpg

At 4 pm I visited Bakers Milford. Crowd was incredible! Beautiful afternoon - band was playing and parking lots were full. I think it was even busier before I arrived.

mdgWmyc.jpg

ke2FKzd.jpg

mQfLHyb.jpg

Haven't seen him or his Silverstone since he tied the knot..............................................

Saw him at an Ann Arbor C&C a few months ago...

Guilty again !

Yes...I've been out and about. Hines is about the best I can do in a near radius to home.

Had a nice dinner date with the wife in downtown Chelsea this weekend, took the long way and really enjoyed the colors on N. Territorial with the top off. May revisit next weekend if I find time...

I hope everyone else has had a chance to enjoy the cars this year. Haven't seen too many out and about (although I got to pass tbox's SP8SHIP on Hines) , but we're hermits now - like most.

The summer wasn't completely closed, did a weekend trip to southern Ohio with the s2000 club (Tomcatt) a couple of months ago, then a trip to Kentucky to drive the Red River gorge, then a weekend in Gettysburg, a couple of fun days in southern Ohio last week, FDR (Fall Dragon Run) this coming weekend, then the BMT (Boston Mtns Tour) in a couple of weeks. You just have to be careful and social distance.

I'm starting to love southern Ohio, there are some very fun roads between Zanesville and Marietta, it's about a 4 hour loop from one city to the other and back. Not as intense as the Dragon but very very fun curvy roads. I might do another 2 day trip there in the next month if anyone is interested.

Nice meeting alum at Toledo Cars N Coffee. Not on this forum much since I dont know how to post pics, etc. Facebook is easier for me. I get excited everytime I see another NSX!

I think I've racked up a whooping 300 miles on the NSX this year. :( Still hoping to get in more before she's put away. Hard to find time while working from home and dealing with a 3 and 5 year-old at the same time. Oh well....next year should be better for getting out more hopefully!

I think I've racked up a whooping 300 miles on the NSX this year. :( Still hoping to get in more before she's put away. Hard to find time while working from home and dealing with a 3 and 5 year-old at the same time. Oh well....next year should be better for getting out more hopefully!
I'm willing to bet many of those 300 miles were indeed, whooping!

They have been entertaining miles. Currently running 8psi on the newer stroker build and feels just as strong as it did at 12-13psi pre-stroker. Which was the goal...same power...less boost. Hoping to get it back on the dyno for fine tuning in the spring and get some #'s.
Had a poor fella in a Ferrari 360 try me a few weeks ago. Pretty sure he had some questions afterwards.

They have been entertaining miles. Currently running 8psi on the newer stroker build and feels just as strong as it did at 12-13psi pre-stroker. Which was the goal...same power...less boost. Hoping to get it back on the dyno for fine tuning in the spring and get some #'s.
Had a poor fella in a Ferrari 360 try me a few weeks ago. Pretty sure he had some questions afterwards.

Ryan, I miss those runs to C&C on US 23. Hi to Bree.

Back