• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan NSX owners.....

I don't post here much but I am a lurker and I know there are a few of you around
smile.gif

Just wanted to let you know that Xceedspeed.com is doing an end of the year import car meet/BBQ out at Kensington Metropark next Saturday, October 12th.

There are going to be many import cars there including a few Supra/300zx/3000gt's. The one thing we are missing is some participation from the NSX crowd.

The event starts at 12:00 noon and should run till dark. It will be at the Spring Hill "C" parking lot.

Hope some of you can make it out
smile.gif

------------------
94 Supra TT

http://www.xceedspeed.com

Jeez, are there any Michigan NSX owners that even post on this site?

------------------
94 Supra TT

I'd like to be there but my NSX is in TX and I am going to be in Traverse City with my M3.

Maybe next time.

Tim

Yes, there are some NSX pilots here in Michigan! In fact, it's color tour season and the driving couldn't be better!

I know at least half a dozen Michigan owners on NSXprime. That doesn't mean they're interested in car shows though.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I know at least half a dozen Michigan owners on NSXprime. That doesn't mean they're interested in car shows though.

This wasn't what I would call a "car show."
Rather it was a car meet where you could enjoy some good food and bs about cars with other imports enthusiasts. There weren't any contests or trophies handed out at this event
smile.gif

I was just trying to include any MI NSX owners on the local scene we have going here. We have info on car meets, dyno days, auto x's, and drag strip events happening all over the state.

------------------
94 Supra TT

Originally posted by red94tt:
This wasn't what I would call a "car show."

Rather it was a car meet where you could enjoy some good food and bs about cars with other imports enthusiasts. There weren't any contests or trophies handed out at this event
smile.gif

I was just trying to include any MI NSX owners on the local scene we have going here. We have info on car meets, dyno days, auto x's, and drag strip events happening all over the state.

Sorry - I wasn't trying to disrespect what you're doing. All I meant was that, even though there are quite a few MI owners on this board, they might not be interested in attending those events. Or maybe they're busy that weekend, I don't know.

We have a large number of NSX owners in the Chicago area, too. What we've found here is that turnout at our NSX Club events is generally pretty good, good enough that we have a lot of fun. However, not many owners show up for car shows or car meets or other multi-marque activities that go on around town. Furthermore, dyno days and drag strip events tend appeal more to the muscle cars like the Supra and 300ZX and other modded turbo cars, not so much to the NSX. Whereas the local racetrack (road course) events, such as those held by CGI Motorsports at GingerMan, tend to have lots of NSXs and Ferraris and Porsches, but very few of those muscle/turbo cars.

Again, not trying to criticize, just trying to explain the apparent lack of interest. It's consistent with what we've seen on this side of the big lake.

There are other tracks in the Great Lakes State, too. Grattan is one of my absolute favorites. And Michigan International Speedway (yawn).

Back