• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hottest NSX / best color - what is really favored by NSX owners?

Ha ha oops, I didn't mean this to turn into another "what's your favorite color" thread. I was just trying to be a comedian by sharing how the stats for the "unofficial" threads (which I gathered with no bias but real curiosity over what they might say) showed something completely unexpected when compared to the same stats for the "size matters" and "girls and NSX's" threads, even if it should be no surprise that those two would be on top since once you think about it, it's easy to see why they'd get the most posts and views.
I hear that the easiest way to get lots of views and posts for a topic is to give it a title like "delete". :biggrin:

One point that may have skewed your data, Yinzer. I realize you did this for fun, just like your for-sale ad...but like that ad, I expect you also did it with a purpose.

Owners tend to be as interested in unofficial threads featuring the color car they own as well as threads featuring their favorite unicorn color. Plenty of Berlina owners would swap for imola or GPW and might be active on those threads. But BB owners have a Berlina because the color was more readily available in more configurations when they were looking, and color was a secondary factor in their choice. Same goes for the reds. I don't think the views vs. replies analysis necessarily controlled for this.

Still, loved the work and the presentation.

Last edited:
One point that may have skewed your data, Yinzer. I realize you did this for fun, just like your for-sale ad...but like that ad, I expect you also did it with a purpose.

Owners tend to be as interested in unofficial threads featuring the color car they own as well as threads featuring their favorite unicorn color. Plenty of Berlina owners would swap for imola or GPW and might be active on those threads. But BB owners have a Berlina because the color was more readily available in more configurations when they were looking, and color was a secondary factor in their choice. Same goes for the reds. I don't think the views vs. replies analysis necessarily controlled for this.

Still, loved the work and the presentation.

Ha ha, thanks. As much as I had always wanted to try running the stats on those unofficial threads to see if they'd say something surprising, about 10 minutes into things I knew I wasn't really coming up with anything profound other than something to joke about. I was hoping the meaningless "views vs. replies" comparisons to the "Girls" and "size compare" threads would give them some legitimacy in a red-herring type of way, to help share a laugh at the end. I've always loved those "scientific analysis of Santa Claus" and "is hell exothermic or endothermic" type of things.

Though my statement below still stands:

This was now agreeing with what I had believed going in: reds, as good as they look in person, are just too commonplace to be #1 , and Zanardi's really *are* special. :)

I know this article was mentioned already on Prime. I love it. Only other upgrade I want for my GPW is Zanardi wheels...one day soon... Ahhh red Zanardi coupe...almost as best/hottest as a GPW coupe !

http://jalopnik.com/driving-a-supercharged-zanardi-edition-acura-nsx-was-a-1684602295

Best color is Sebring silver on a 1991 -1994 coupe with type s wheels

See below. Okay now please lock thread

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Back