• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan Roll call

jagtiger "Well I sure gonna miss a lot of good stuff there including the trip to the"Fishing Shack"!: wink: "

THX, yea, the fishing is getting interesting as spring advances. :eek: See photo, and that is my size 13 New Balance pos old dog shoe as a reference on that Rainbow. :biggrin: :biggrin:

pdt287 better known as Ryan! Glad to see you are still around. Check in more often. Baker's this summer, O K ?

Nick, congrats on the blue F car ! Hope it passed PPI insp and you get to enjoy it.

wingZ, I bet that Saks 2002 rio yellow w/yellow got wholesaled out of state.

wingZ, I bet that Saks 2002 rio yellow w/yellow got wholesaled out of state.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they were asking too much for that car , it's what partly convinced me to buy a new car. People were asking too much for a used 02+ it made more sense to buy a new one.

I'm still here, ekin, and still have the 05 Silverstone. I am in Birmingham. I am sure we will continue to pass each other around the 15/Telegraph area every now and then. Enjoy your summer.

1 more here. I'm in Ann Arbor, with a 2000 NSX-T.

Where do you guys take your cars for service? Any thoughts on Ann Arbor Acura or Suburban Acura in Farmington Hills?

AndyNSX said:

Where do you guys take your cars for service? Any thoughts on Ann Arbor Acura or Suburban Acura in Farmington Hills?

We have taken the NSX to Suburban in FH and the service has been fine. Just oil changes though, nothing else. Glad to see another MI guy! Hope to see you @ some meets this Summer! :smile:

What service are you looking for? I'm in Dexter and haven't had any major service performed. Currently, all work is being done in Minneapolis. By the way, I have one of those Monte Carlo Blue cars:biggrin: .

Tim

Ok, checking in, I havn't gotten my NSX yet, I am going to pick it up in El Paso on Thursday then spend 3 days driving it back here to the Detroit area. It will be a good time to get to know the car...after the nerves die down.
But I am definitely looking forward to meeting up with you guys at some point this summer.

Great! Another NSX'er around town. What city do you live in?

Can't wait to see pics of the car and hear your impressions of the car on the drive back. :smile:

blodi said:
Ok, checking in, I havn't gotten my NSX yet, I am going to pick it up in El Paso on Thursday then spend 3 days driving it back here to the Detroit area. It will be a good time to get to know the car...after the nerves die down.
But I am definitely looking forward to meeting up with you guys at some point this summer.

ekin95 said:
Great! Another NSX'er around town. What city do you live in?

Can't wait to see pics of the car and hear your impressions of the car on the drive back. :smile:

I live in Redford and work in Dearborn for Ford. I will be sure to take alot of pics on the trip back...I just can't stop thinking about it, these last couple days are going to kill me. Its so close....yet too far...haha.

Hey guys we have a seriously large group going here. Larger than what we had last year we might want to think of starting a real club. If we have a gathering we're going to need a big area:eek:

I nominate wingz as president of our new club. First meeting and barbque at his mansion. :biggrin:

By the way guys, I will be at bakers square this sunday around 1pm. Anyone wanna join me and my son for lunch?

The 355 was a no go. I ended up buying a mint condition '89 328 GTS. Performance-wise it's almost a joke... but she's still fun to drive.

Which Bakers are we talking about? Bakers in Milford? or Bakers Square in Livonia? Just making sure............

nicholas421 said:
I nominate wingz as president of our new club. First meeting and barbque at his mansion. :biggrin:

By the way guys, I will be at bakers square this sunday around 1pm. Anyone wanna join me and my son for lunch?

The 355 was a no go. I ended up buying a mint condition '89 328 GTS. Performance-wise it's almost a joke... but she's still fun to drive.

nicholas421 said:

Nice car I hope you'll join us so we can see and hear it.

I'm actually trying to think of a venue that would best display the cars and still afford us a good meeting place.

Hello all...I am the new owner of Zanardi #10. Would like to hook up with other NSX owners in the Detroit area. Are there any regular gathering of owners? Anyone going on the midwest spring ride on May 21 & 22?
Outside of the area Acura dealers anyone know local shop that has done shock and exhaust work on an NSX. Want to install a set of lowering springs and RM Racing exhaust.
BTW - I live in Grand Blanc.

NSX-Hawk said:
Hello all...I am the new owner of Zanardi #10. Would like to hook up with other NSX owners in the Detroit area. Are there any regular gathering of owners? Anyone going on the midwest spring ride on May 21 & 22?
Outside of the area Acura dealers anyone know local shop that has done shock and exhaust work on an NSX. Want to install a set of lowering springs and RM Racing exhaust.
BTW - I live in Grand Blanc.

Yesssssssss! we have a Zanardi in the fold:eek: We are now up to 13 total! I've never seen that many NSX's together. Can you imagine how cool that will look when we trail each other.

Our group is awesome! Now we need a name..ideas anyone?

Last edited:
AndyNSX said:

I go to Suburban Acura. In my opinion they do a great job. Ask for Karl, he is a great service manager. They used their master mechanic to work on the NSX's that comes in.

Exhaust change is a very DIY. If you need help, let me know and we can arrange something. Took me less than an hour to do 2 cars. In regard to springs, go to the dealer. They can be a REAL PITA especially with a newer car. Took me over 6 hours to do my '98 but took less than an hour to do a 93? (One of Nick's prior NSXs). It all had to do with the ability to compress the lower arms. Also, make sure you want springs vs a coil over setup. I have Eibach and shocks but will be changing to a coil over setup in the future. Trust me, you only want to change the struts once.

Tim

Thanks...Acura dealer seems expensive ($600) to install springs, seems like this would be a simple process for any shop that installs shocks/springs on a regular basis.
What I want to do here is lower the car 1.2 inches using aftermarket springs over the existing (stock) shocks. Not sure I understand springs vs a coil over setup, I just want to lower the car not change to suspension. I will not track the car, just a weekend driver.

Again, thanks for the help..

Sounds good. Weather permitting we would probably be there. Hope some other NSX'rs from around here try and make it as well. :smile:

nicholas421 said:
Milford. message me if anyone wants to tag along

Back