• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mid-Ohio April 8-9, 2006

Just wondering if anyone here (in addition to me) is planning to go to this drivers school being held by the Northern Ohio Chapter of BMW CCA. It's the usual HPDE format, with classroom sessions, an instructor in your passenger seat (until you can demonstrate that you're ready to solo), approximately 90 minutes of actual track time each day (which is PLENTY), etc. Good group of folks, run a good event.

The registration fee is $330, which is a bargain for a Mid-Ohio event. The application can be downloaded from the chapter's website at http://nohiobmwcca.org.

I just checked it out. Sounds like a deal. I was wondering if you have ever attended one of these? Would we be the only NSX's at the event. I didn't register yet, but I am very interested.

ROWB_1 said:
I just checked it out. Sounds like a deal. I was wondering if you have ever attended one of these? Would we be the only NSX's at the event. I didn't register yet, but I am very interested.
I have instructed at the annual Memorial Day weekend event held by this chapter for the past ten years or so, sometimes in my NSX, sometimes in my ITR. This is the second year that they are also holding a school in April. Last year's event was only half full - partly because it was the first time they had that date and I don't think it was well publicized.

We get a variety of cars - maybe half BMWs, and the rest an assortment of just about everything.

Weather in April can be chilly - normal high is 58, normal low 36 - but last year it was 70 degrees and sunny all weekend.

If the weather forecast is decent, I'll be driving the NSX.

If anyone is planning to go, I'm looking for someone to split the cost of a garage. Each garage holds two cars. They have the usual hookups. The garages are unheated. Smoking (by people, not cars ;) ) is not allowed. Each share is $100 for the weekend (one half of the $200 cost).

Last edited:
Ken,

This sounds like a great event. I'll check for schedule conflicts and get back to you. If I go, I'd be more than willing to share the cost of a garage with you.

Steve

I'm now probably NOT going to this event.

For us instructors, the biggest benefit of instructing is the ability to drive as much as we want on the track on the Friday preceding the Saturday-Sunday school. (We usually have to pay a fee to do so.) We usually get more track time on Friday than on Saturday and Sunday combined.

Unfortunately for the instructors, this school does not have the track rented Friday, probably because they lost so much money on this event last year. I would do it if it were closer to me, or if I were a student in the event, but as an instructor it's just not worth the long drive out from Chicago for very little track time.

Back