• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mid Ohio August 5-7 ALMS/Indy Cars Race Weekend

Mid Ohio August 5-7, 2011, ALMS/Indy Cars Race Weekend -

Anyone planning to attend? If so, let's plan a rendezvous.

Not making it this year, I really miss this event and wish we still had the All mighty ACURA backing it.. I backed it a couple years ago but the " powers that be" didn't see us as important as Acura or Chevrolet and it was a mess.. Hope to make it next year though. Have a great time!

I'll be there each day, not camping as I live within an hour of Mid-Ohio.

Unfortunately I do not yet have an NSX, actively searching though!

Looking forward to it as I have not been at a race at Mid-Ohio in years.

I'll be there each day, not camping as I live within an hour of Mid-Ohio.

Unfortunately I do not yet have an NSX, actively searching though!

Looking forward to it as I have not been at a race at Mid-Ohio in years.

I live in Columbus. ;) And I will still be camping there.

Guys, look us up in the Lake Erie Communications worker camping area after on-track activities have concluded, we'll be in a group of Michigan-based Flaggers camping in a pop-up trailer.

Brian

Not making it this year, I really miss this event and wish we still had the All mighty ACURA backing it.. I backed it a couple years ago but the " powers that be" didn't see us as important as Acura or Chevrolet and it was a mess.. Hope to make it next year though. Have a great time!

Brian, Ditto your thoughts. Thanks, will miss you and Kyle.

I'll be there. A buddy and I will be camping there for the weekend, a first for me.

So Juice, how about a 3 PM rendezvous Saturday (LeMans Race begins at 330 PM) at the Mid-Ohio Patio, infield, which is location number 26 on this map -

http://www.midohio.com/Assets/Images/Pictures/TS-GenTrackMap-09

It's a great place to watch the rolling start, and catch the cars coming down the long straightaway and entering "Madness." I think I still have your cell number.

So Juice, how about a 3 PM rendezvous Saturday (LeMans Race begins at 330 PM) at the Mid-Ohio Patio, infield, which is location number 26 on this map -

It's a great place to watch the rolling start, and catch the cars coming down the long straightaway and entering "Madness." I think I still have your cell number.

Sounds good Neal. I know that is your favorite spot to partake of the beverages and watch the action. Is your better half going to be there?

Brian, Ditto your thoughts. Thanks, will miss you and Kyle.

Was that your Imola Orange NSX there today, parked close to all the Corvettes?

Was that your Imola Orange NSX there today, parked close to all the Corvettes?

Yes, Sir, sure was. Attended all three days.

JUICE! Nice seeing you.

Saturday's ALMS race ended in a deluge. Really enjoyed the World Challenge race Sunday, as their Saturday contest was a demolition derby. Like ALMS, I am getting to really like the World Challenge series because it had three types of "production cars" competing.
I ducked out of the Honda Indy 200 Indy car race at lap ~ 52 (out of 85) a little bored, plus when you are parked in the infield it takes forever to exit the track...

Whose? 91 auto out of Indiana -

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

P D Cunningham hot on the tail of Mike Von Kluge, et all, in the Mustangs. In background see the flaggers? I know one of them really well! :biggrin:

DSC01144.jpg

Peter Cunningham again. He had a hub break in Saturday's race that launched him into the wall. His crew stayed up all night to get him back onto the track for Sunday's race. That flagger I know is looking downstream, wearing a brown hat and a pony tail.

DSC01145.jpg

Looking at "China Beach" at the end of the long straightaway. Both Acura TSX's (Cunningham with Nick Esayian in background) hot on the gaggle of Mustangs. The Cadillac CTS-V's were incredible! Also Mike Skeen in his yellow Corvette.

DSC01142.jpg

Drove the Imola orange down there, and had sooooo many people looking and complimenting. Many Honda employees there, some expressing dismay at no firm plans for any future Honda performance vehicles.

GREAT weekend :cool:

Yes Neal, it WAS a great weekend!

Bummer about the #1 Acura losing his LR wheel at our corner during Saturday's SCCA World Challenge race, he nailed the wall pretty hard as a result. Shortly after that we had the #80 yellow Civic also lose the LR wheel (what are the odds of that???) and darned well almost made it to the same spot as the Cunningham TSX.....but thankfully managed to not hit anything.

Signed,
More Flaggers you know :biggrin:
Brian (& Judi ;^)

I was also there all 3 days, saw people looking at your car each time I walked by it.

Those Caddy's sounded great!

Neal, The auto 91 from Indiana is Rob Danner. He is the service manager at superior honda. I actually just sold him those rear tires friday so he could drive it to the race... :biggrin:

Thanks, Bri. Is he on Prime? Where is his dlrship?

Thanks, Bri. Is he on Prime? Where is his dlrship?

No despite my telling him about it for the last 10 years.. He bought his NSX literally a week after I bought my first one in 2001.. He is a NSXCA member though. I think you have met him before. He and his wife Mary were up there in 07 and 08..

Superior Honda is located off of Mitchell avenue in Cincinnati. Almost downtown. Off 75.

Back