• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Minneapolis-When to put NSX Away

I'm visiting the Twin Cities and am considering bringing the acura. I'll be there until the second week in November. Is there much chance of snow or icy roads before then?

J

Last edited:
I'm visiting the the Twin Cities and am considering bringing the acura. I'll be there until the second week in November. Is there much chance of snow or icy roads before then?

J

Yes :cool:

Snow hits here mid October to early November.

Just check the few days before you come and make up your mind.

I kinda disagree with Jason/osugrad. In general there may be some freak snow storms in Nov/Dec, but in general it will not stick/stay on the ground until late Dec. at best(a white Xmas time is not guaranteed here..).

I'd say you are safe with the NSX.

In general people do not put their cars away until the DOT puts down salt for the first time of the season. Every year is different but on average they may lay some down early December on a cold day where their may be some snow/sleet coming down.

Having survived my first winter in Wisconsin, I'd say you're fine as long as the roads are clear / dry of snow.

OEM tires do *not* do well at all on the left over hard packed stuff that will be around during the real winter months. Trust me.

-Dave
'04 Rio Yellow / Onyx NA2

My car is typically put away no later than 11/1.

Just because there is no snow on the ground doesn't mean your tires will enjoy sub 40 degree weather. Just not worth it, to me.

I ended up bringing my truck.

I certainly would have enjoyed the drive out in the NSX. I'd forgotten how nice the roads were across the mountains.

Are there any regular car meets in the city, hot rod or otherwise?

I ended up bringing my truck.

I certainly would have enjoyed the drive out in the NSX. I'd forgotten how nice the roads were across the mountains.

Are there any regular car meets in the city, hot rod or otherwise?

Cars & Coffee on 10/3.

I will be arriving 10/1 !! The NSX will be staying in sunny OC.. :tongue:

I hope I get to experience a bit of fall before winter!! :frown:

3" of snow yesterday. I hope to get the car out to fill it up with gas this weekend when its back to 50s.

Back