• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Monterey/Carmel guys need your advice!

Gents, I'm getting married this weekend in SF, but won't be able to go on our honeymoon until next year, so we're thinking of a quick "mini-moon" down in the Monterey/Carmel area for 3 days. Anybody with some recommendations for lodging (nice hotels or B&B's) and places to visit (the aquarium, 17-mile drive, etc)? I will probably me Monday - Wednesday 10/15-10/17 around there. Any tips guys? Thanks in advance!

Adobe Inn would be my place to stay that is romantic. Places to visit:

1) Downtown Carmel during the day to shop and walk.
2) Dining in Monterey can be very enjoyable. For dining I recommend:
a) Soporro's Japaneese Restauraunt on the Wharf. The scallolps are their specialty.
3) Point Lobos perhaps one of the most beautiful places to walk or hike. A few miles down the coast south: For dining I recommend:
a) Rocky Point Inn 13 miles South of Carmel on beautiful Hwy 1. The prawns are their specialty.
4) Monterey has the Acquarium and Customs House Plaza and a fun downtown and wharf. I recommend:
a) Rosine's downtown Monterey (oldtown). If you cannot find something you enjoy at Rosine's there is something wrong with you. Leave room for desert and choose from the non-refridgerated deserts. I would suggest splitting the full meals and the deserts they are plenty for two.
5) Pebble Beach 17 mile drive is a must. To gawk at 35MM mansions while driving along the coast is a must. I recommend:
The Tap Room at the Lodge. It is a real value for this expensive part of the world. However, $16 hamburgers are part of the deal here.

Save $10.00 to enter Pebble Beach PM and I will provide you one for FREE.

Lodging:
-The Inn at Spanish Bay
-Monterey Plaza

Dining:
-Peppers in Pacific Grove
-Fishwife in Pacific Grove (I think it's Pacific Grove, it's near Spanish Bay and Asilomar State Beach)
-Passionfish in Pacific Grove if you like wine, and the food is outstanding

The Inn @ Spanish Bay is VERY expensive, but the rest of the comments are good one's.

If you want to eat good at a excellent local's Seafood Restaurant, got to check out the Monterey Fish House off of Del Monte Blvd. They make everything from scratch even the pasta. Great deep fried whole Rock Cod and the best Rosemary/Garlic Rib Eye steak. Everything I've tried has been excellent. Casual attire. Just make sure you call in reservation well in advanced. 831-373-4647

If you want to go fancy and nice, go to my favorite place "Fresh Cream" in Downtown Monterey by the Double Tree / Marriot Hotel.

Thanks guys, they have a package at the monterey plaza hotel for accomodations and tickets to the aquarium. I think we'll do that. I'm also going to hit up all the restaurants. We'll be taking the NSX and enjoying ourselves on the 17-mile drive, so if anybody sees us wave and say hi!

Thanks guys, they have a package at the monterey plaza hotel for accomodations and tickets to the aquarium. I think we'll do that. I'm also going to hit up all the restaurants. We'll be taking the NSX and enjoying ourselves on the 17-mile drive, so if anybody sees us wave and say hi!

Sounds like a great plan and a great hotel. Hope you have a good one.

The next time you ever come down here, give us a call. We'll meet up with you.

Thanks brother. Freedom is over-rated anyways...:biggrin:

That's what all the married guys say!! :wink: :biggrin:

Wishing you all the happiness in the world!! (and patience)

Back