• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mosport Canada

I know it is early but here is the track events The Genesee Valley BMW Chapter has put together for the 2006 season. We always do 3 schools at the glen but this year we will be going to Mosport July 25-26 for the first time. If anyone has ever been to a Genesee Valley BMW event, you can confirm how professional, safe and fun these events are and now we have a Canadian event.

Just wanted to plant the seed for I know that some of us are scheduling/budgeting for the 2006 season and I know this will be a blast.

Driving School Dates for 2006 !
May 13-May 14 at Watkins Glen
July 25-July 26 at Mosport
Aug 30-Aug 31 at Watkins Glen
Sept 30-Oct 1 at Watkins Glen

for more info
http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org/

Cheers,
John Bulbulia

92 NSX Track rat
2001 E46 M3
2005 Jeep Cherokee Hemi
1999 Lab mix

johnnybul said:
I know it is early but here is the track events The Genesee Valley BMW Chapter has put together for the 2006 season. We always do 3 schools at the glen but this year we will be going to Mosport July 25-26 for the first time. If anyone has ever been to a Genesee Valley BMW event, you can confirm how professional, safe and fun these events are and now we have a Canadian event.

Just wanted to plant the seed for I know that some of us are scheduling/budgeting for the 2006 season and I know this will be a blast.

Driving School Dates for 2006 !
May 13-May 14 at Watkins Glen
July 25-July 26 at Mosport
Aug 30-Aug 31 at Watkins Glen
Sept 30-Oct 1 at Watkins Glen

for more info
http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org/

Cheers,
John Bulbulia

92 NSX Track rat
2001 E46 M3
2005 Jeep Cherokee Hemi
1999 Lab mix

I have gone to DE events organized by GVC BMWCCA and they too are top notch, professional, safe and fun. In fact, theirs is among the best BMWCCA sponsored events I have been to. I've never been to Mosport, but I will do my best to go this year with GVC.

This open to non-BMW cars?

Will there be classroom time?

Whats the average amount of miles put on in a day at one of these events?

The GV site has not posted the info yet. Id almost certainly attend if there's a lot of driving.

here is some more info

Details about these schools are on our web site, and pre-registration is now
open. Registration is being handled the same as past years:
1) Fill out the form online
2) Print out the form
3) On the day that registration opens, mail the form and a check
4) The Driving School Committee will then decide who is accepted.
5) Confirmation info will be sent to you by email

www.gvc-bmwcca.org

I have not driven with the GV Chapter, but I have driven in events with ten other chapters of BMW CCA. These are the answers to the questions based on that experience; I can only guess that they would be the same with the GV Chapter:

SPA_S2000 said:
This open to non-BMW cars?
Yes. You need to join the club, which you can do on the event application. You do not have to own a BMW to join the club, and you do not have to drive a BMW in their events.

SPA_S2000 said:
Will there be classroom time?
Yes.

SPA_S2000 said:
Whats the average amount of miles put on in a day at one of these events?
There are 3-4 sessions of 25-35 minutes driving time per session. Total driving time is normally 85-105 minutes per day, and the number of miles driven per day is typically anywhere from 90 to 130.

Back