• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motor mag: great NSX letter

Information like power figures is readily available from various reputable sources, I am not aware of what you have been reading.
I stand corrected on the 3L figures.
But i highly doubt there is a 5 kw difference between engine models.
My information on the 3.2 engine is this,
3179cc
290 hp (216 kw)
224 lb-ft(304 nm)
Are you saying the 3.2 is not 290 hp?

Not sure who your talking to funky, but per my post above the 3.0 has 270hp and 3.2 has 290hp. So the difference is 20hp or 15kW.
Hey sparky.
I was talkin to Ingster.
That sounds about right.
There is definently a bit of conflicting information out there.
Ive been uder the impression for 3 years now that i had 188 kw.
I just got 13 kw for free.:eek:

wow , 13kW !
from now on you'll feel that extra thump in your back every time you put the boot in :smile:

PS: I think the engines in auto NSX had only 188kW

Last edited:
I stand corrected on the 3L figures.
But i highly doubt there is a 5 kw difference between engine models.
My information on the 3.2 engine is this,
3179cc
290 hp (216 kw)
224 lb-ft(304 nm)
Are you saying the 3.2 is not 290 hp?

290hp is what's quoted in Europe and North America but Honda Australia have always claimed 206kw (280ps) for the 3.2L; once again it can be easily confirmed by reading the contemporary local road tests. I am not aware of any mechanical differences that would explain the discrepancy but I suspect it was either petrol quality or the fact that Honda Japan also claimed only 280ps, in deference to the "gentlemen's agreement" between the Japanese government and car makers at the time. Perhaps someone here knows.

It is no secret that the chassis can handle more power but my view is that unless your NSX is a track car or you live on a drag strip, any car that does 0-100km/h in about 5 seconds is more than enough for a "spirited" drive. The obssession with power figures to the exclusion of other, not necessarily measurable but no less enjoyable, qualities in ostensibly road cars seems to be a relatively recent phenomenon brought on by the "power war" between German car makers, Gran Turismo videogames and the overall dumbing down of automotive journalism, the Motor article being a prime example.

I have seen the 206kw figure around for the 3.2.
Just a personal choice when it comes to Hp.
If the nsx was the fastest car i've ever owned i probably would be happy with its power. But unfortunately its not.
What can i say, I'm addicted to G force whether its from braking, cornering or acceleration. low 4 sec to 100kph thats what i like.

Last edited:
I have seen the 206kw figure around for the 3.2.
Just a personal choice when it comes to Hp.
If the nsx was the fastest car i've ever owned i probably would be happy with its power. But unfortunately its not.
What can i say, I'm addicted to G force whether its from braking, cornering or acceleration. low 4 sec to 100kph thats what i like.

500HP at the crank is a hell of a lot quicker than low 4s! Unless you *added* weight to your car? LOL

My CTSC is good for low 4s with just under 400 at the crank and just a bit under 3100lbs. Original C5 Corvette Z06 with very similar power to weight was the same.

With 500HP on an NSX you are addicted to G forces well beyond the realm of sanity for most people :D Most of the 500HP cars today are hundreds of pounds porkier than the NSX coupes. An NSX coupe with 500HP is in Ferrari 430 challenge territory - mid 3s

Last edited:
500HP at the crank is a hell of a lot quicker than low 4s! Unless you *added* weight to your car? LOL

My CTSC is good for low 4s with just under 400 at the crank and just a bit under 3100lbs. Original C5 Corvette Z06 with very similar power to weight was the same.

With 500HP on an NSX you are addicted to G forces well beyond the realm of sanity for most people :D Most of the 500HP cars today are hundreds of pounds porkier than the NSX coupes. An NSX coupe with 500HP is in Ferrari 430 challenge territory - mid 3s
I havnt installed the engine yet. it gets delivered in a few weeks.
Probably should have round 430whp. Stage 1 FI sos supercharged engine. to get in the 3 sec bracket it comes down to traction and launch control helps alot too. I guess your not a fan of the zonda then? lighter and more hp than my nsx will have. I've driven cars that weighed 1000kg(2200pounds) with 450 hp rotary engine and loved every minute of it. it takes a bit of Hp to move 1400kg (with sc and other bits).
P.S I am insane.

Last edited:
Also the nsx can easily handle that amount of hp.
I like a throttle you have to respect.
It adds more dimensions to car control.
there is nothing more boring for me than exiting a corner and putting your foot to the floor. anyone can do that. I like to have enough power that i have to balance the throttle to keep traction. it requires alot more skill and is alot more rewarding. this car is mainly for track use.
I have a friend who has a series 5 Rx7 with a triple rotor that runs 700hp on 22psi boost.
now thats going overboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back