• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motor Mounts for 3.0

Hey Swishh,

Are you talking about the black rubber donut looking pieces on the 4 motor/tranny mounts?

Are these very expensive new?

How do you know yours are "bad"?

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Hi Nick,

They have black "doughnut" rings inside of them. When looking under the car, at all corners there are mounts. Front, Back, Right, Left. The mounts are alluminum. I know mine failed due to the front and rear units being cracked in half. I have not called Acura yet to inquire on price. The reason I looked was due to my car shaking when getting engaged into 1st gear.

Take Care!

-Swish

Wow - they are all failed? Is your TT system putting down that much power? Are you running some kind of bushings that would transmit more stress to the mounts?

Just hadn't heard of this before...

Originally posted by matteni:
Wow - they are all failed? Is your TT system putting down that much power?

Hi Matteni,

I got pretty lucky with the tuning on my TT. I was hitting over 450RWHP at 9-10psi
smile.gif
I guess the power change must have been a factor in the cracking of the mounts but I am still the only one I know of this has happened to??? I am surprised Gerry Johnson and others havent had this happen... who know's, maybe they have?

I think once I get the old mounts off I will take some pics of the cracked units and create a topic on this. I would love to hear the possible answers for how this happend. Very curious to see if I am the only one.

Ojas,

Thanks for looking up the prices! I was afraid to do it
eek.gif
I am pretty surprised that they are not too expensive... I was thinging $300 each.

Sounds cool Gerry,

Can you be more specific on what you used, how you did this, how many miles ago, and how the car felt afterwards.

Back