• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Moving to VA

Depends. Where will you be working? I can tell you much more about the commute you're facing.

I will be working at the Marine Base / Quantico.
7.4 miles from my apartment.

Then you'll only be about 30 minutes out.

I was just checking because a lot of people buy/rent in the Stafford area because its cheaper and expect to commute to Tyson's Corner without much issue, little do they know it will take nearly 2 hours.

Semper Fi.

Just in case anyone is curious, I do about 27 miles in under 20 minutes every day in Richmond.
Just in case anyone was wondering :biggrin:

About how long of a commute would it be from Stafford to Manassas?

I would estimate about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.

You would be taking 95N to 234Bypass, unless you're talking about western side of Stafford to the western side of Manassas, then you could come up the back way through 17 and 28. Either way would be about the same time.

Welcome to VA. I'm down in Newport News and stationed at Norfolk. I only know of 4 other NSXs in my area. My brother is actually about to go to Quantico for 2 months for training. My cousin drives an Xb in Stafford and is part of a car club called Unclassified. I hear the car scene up there is pretty big. How long will you be there?

Welcome to VA. I'm down in Newport News and stationed at Norfolk. I only know of 4 other NSXs in my area. My brother is actually about to go to Quantico for 2 months for training. My cousin drives an Xb in Stafford and is part of a car club called Unclassified. I hear the car scene up there is pretty big. How long will you be there?

I will be working at Air Force OSI for at least (3) years.

Awesome! I hope the move goes smoothly for you.

Car scene is VA is all right, especially where you'll be.

I venture between Baltimore and Virginia Beach fairly often, so maybe we'll cross paths at some point.

I know for sure that most parts of northern VA and everywhere south of fredericksburg will hit you up for no front plate and tint if you got it.

Back