• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

my 1st 1/4 mile times

hi

DRAG racing is an uncommon sport here. Glad we had an event last weekend where I gave the NSX a try.

I have 303bhp on thy dyno with Taitec headers/exhaust and procar cf intake with snorkel.

I did 5 runs and all of the 5 runs were in the low 13.4xx range with 106mph speed. I was very surprised how good my NSX did against some 350Z (one stock (high 15.xxx and one with 360bhp (mid 14.xxx) or Supra with 460bhp (13.5) automatic.

60 feet was 1.9xx. I use Potenza RE050A in the rear with 2.1 Bar preassure cold - the tires were still warm from street driving to the event.

What do you think? The weather was nice but cold. We had some wind (I guess 10-15mph) from the side.

Last edited:
have you done any weight reduction?

500 meter above sea level. Weight reduction is removed tools, lighter exhaust and removed spare tire. I have na2 brakes all around and run on 17/18 OZ Ultraleggera with 215/40/17 and 255/35/18.

Hm, you think it is slow? I read on about 13.7 with complete stock NSX.

My clutch is on the end of its life time (73000km on the clock - still the first clutch), but I have no sliping so far. The pedal is going realy hard and after the last mountain-auto-X session the pedal is near complete out before the clutch fully grabs.

500 meter above sea level. Weight reduction is removed tools, lighter exhaust and removed spare tire. I have na2 brakes all around and run on 17/18 OZ Ultraleggera with 215/40/17 and 255/35/18.

Hm, you think it is slow? I read on about 13.7 with complete stock NSX.

My clutch is on the end of its life time (73000km on the clock - still the first clutch), but I have no sliping so far. The pedal is going realy hard and after the last mountain-auto-X session the pedal is near complete out before the clutch fully grabs.

I would guess with 303 at the wheel it would be faster yes? What was your torque???

For reference, I have about 280hp to the MOTOR, and my best run was 13.66 in my 91 with just an ARK DT-S exhaust as a mod.

hi

DRAG racing is an uncommon sport here. Glad we had an event last weekend where I gave the NSX a try.

I have 303bhp on thy dyno with Taitec headers/exhaust and procar cf intake with snorkel.

I did 5 runs and all of the 5 runs were in the low 13.4xx range with 106mph speed. I was very surprised how good my NSX did against some 350Z (one stock (high 15.xxx and one with 360bhp (mid 14.xxx) or Supra with 460bhp (13.5) automatic.

60 feet was 1.9xx. I use Potenza RE050A in the rear with 2.1 Bar preassure cold - the tires were still warm from street driving to the event.

What do you think? The weather was nice but cold. We had some wind (I guess 10-15mph) from the side.

nothing wrong or suspect with those numbers.You did pretty well if that was your first time.

First time out that 13.4 seems OK. Its your trap of 106 that tells where the car really stands and 106 is very respectable for your mods.

Back