• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Black '93

Believe it or not I found them at a local Pep Boys ($40 ea). They are about 10 inches overall in length; which is much shorter than ones I have seen elsewhere. They look exactly like RM Racing's DTM exhaust tips which, IMO, is how the OEM exhaust should have looked in the first placed. You will need to purchase an adapter ($1.99 ea) that reduces the exhaust tip from 2 1/2" down to 2" so that it will fit on the pipe. You will also have to cut off 6 inches of pipe from each side. Otherwise the tips will stick out too far from the rear bumper. A good place to cut is right where the pipe starts to bend and angle downward. This will keep the exhaust tips nice and flush with the rear of the car. Once you have them in position just weld them into place and you're done.

Save the 6 inch pieces of pipe that you cut off in case you ever decide to return it to stock by simply re-welding them back on.

Wow, thanks for the details Chris.

Although I think this is where I wimp out and go back to trying to polish my OEM tips with my tail between my legs. I think that decision took place somewhere between reading the "cut off 6 inches" and the "weld" part.

Guess this is not one of those "screw on" or "stick the velcro here" solutions...
wink.gif

Sorry for scaring you with those words. If you could only imagine what thoughts were going on in my head as I laid there under my car with a "HACKSAW" in one hand thinking to myself, what in the H am I doing? Once I cut off one side there was no turning back. I said the job took about 2 hours; (1 hour was spent lying there on the ground contemplating whether or not I should really be doing this.) I think I saw tears dripping from the headlights as I cut away.
frown.gif

I appreciate the nice comments. All in all the best way to justify everything was by telling myself that someday I will be putting an aftermarket exhaust on anyway so why not just make it LOOK tougher in the meantime.

[This message has been edited by Chris W (edited 13 January 2001).]

Chris, you are a brave soul and more power to you! Those tips really look cool!

And attacking your very own NSX with a saw deserves some kind of award in my book.

I'm comfortable soldering tight circuit boards, but going at the NSX with an open flame is quite different.

Keep us posted on your mods,

Ralph

Chris, I really like what you have done with the exhaust tips, it looks awesome. Thanks for the details in tackling the job, I'm seriously thinking about changing mine.

Somebodys got a photo radar plate...tsk tsk tsk.

I tell you I had one on my Denali....was involved in a wrek (not my fault thank god!). The cop told me to take it off as they were illegal. Now being the punk know it all kid that I am I told him to write me a ticket for having it...asking him how he could write me a ticket for not being able to see the plate, yet he would have to put the plate number on the ticket. Needless to say no ticket!

But as an aside, I did recieve a ticket going down colledge drive by tempe (Chris W) you should know where this is) Now smart me wrote down the 28th as the court date...and not the 18th...so licence suspended...but thats not the gist of the story....during the peroind between the ticket and the 28th late court date I was snapped by photo radar 2 times. Ignoring the summons I went to have my licence re-instated. NO PROBLEMS...I was wondering why, so I consulted my attourney...this was his answer to me: Since all speeding tickes (not warnings) are summons..they must be properly served..like when the officer gives it to you after he pulls you over...but mailing them in the mail is not a proper summons..so ignoring them causes nothing to happen.

Well to answer your next question, I was pulled over again (my god this is over a year! I havn't been pulled over this much since I was 16!) and the officer checked my record....nothing why...because if you dont go to court they cant find you guilty..and they cant enforce a summons that was not delivered properly......hope this clears the air with regards to photo radar!

Hejo,
I pryed apart the center lense and removed the word "ACURA" and simply purchased an ACURA logo from the dealership and adhered it to the exterior portion of the lense. It looks as if it came this way from the factory. Most NSX owners do a "double take" when they look at it. They often have to look at their NSX because they don't remember what theirs look like. Pretty funny.

mattchu,
You're pretty gutsy for challenging that cop like you did. I know exactly where you are talking about on College Drive where you got pulled over. That's not a photo radar cover on my plate. It's just a clear cover to keep it clean. I'm too worried that I'll get pulled over just for having one on my car. Although photo radar scares the crap out of me whenever I see those vans parked on the side of the road I just take my chances and hope I don't see a flash go off.

For those of you that don't have photo radar in your state yet, enjoy it while you can. Statistics have shown that when set up on a heavily traveled roadway each van is capable of generating about $116,000 per DAY in revenues for the State from fines for excessive speed. Arizona is loving this idea.

Back