• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

My body shop guy skipped town!

All arguing aside, the thing that gets me here is that the two of you are both proud of your capabilities and businesses, yet neither of you two are located anywhere near me. Knowing what I know now, I would rather take the time and money to ship my car to someone who cares so much for their reputation and also has a personal interest in the NSX. I have talked with Brett of SNDSOUL before and now wish I had just taken my car to him in the beginning. It would have saved many headaches.

These are all lessons I'm afraid. I'm learning them one by one, repeatedly. I have repeatedly given people chances to prove themselves and have been repeatedly let down. Now I must choose where to go next. Living in Ohio, my choices are few and the fact that we are talking about a NSX only makes things that much harder. I now would trust most with a Lambo or Ferrari before having them touch my NSX.

On a side note, it is still just a car. I am more upset that these morons have wasted my time, money and energy than the fact that they have mishandled my car. If my car were to burn to the ground in front of my eyes, my happiness would stem from the fact that none of my loved ones were harmed in the act. Some people on this forum act as if their NSX were an idol to be worshiped and not a toy to be played with. How silly.

ALL HAIL THE NSX!!! :D :p

Juice said:
All arguing aside, the thing that gets me here is that the two of you are both proud of your capabilities and businesses, yet neither of you two are located anywhere near me. Knowing what I know now, I would rather take the time and money to ship my car to someone who cares so much for their reputation and also has a personal interest in the NSX. I have talked with Brett of SNDSOUL before and now wish I had just taken my car to him in the beginning. It would have saved many headaches.

These are all lessons I'm afraid. I'm learning them one by one, repeatedly. I have repeatedly given people chances to prove themselves and have been repeatedly let down. Now I must choose where to go next. Living in Ohio, my choices are few and the fact that we are talking about a NSX only makes things that much harder. I now would trust most with a Lambo or Ferrari before having them touch my NSX.

On a side note, it is still just a car. I am more upset that these morons have wasted my time, money and energy than the fact that they have mishandled my car. If my car were to burn to the ground in front of my eyes, my happiness would stem from the fact that none of my loved ones were harmed in the act. Some people on this forum act as if their NSX were an idol to be worshiped and not a toy to be played with. How silly.

WELL SAID. Especially the IDOL part.

Sorry Juice I never ment to argue, It just makes me mad when people spend thier hard earned money and time and the don't get quality results,and yes good point it is a car and can be replaced :smile: Hats off to SNDSOUL for requiring his shop to do top notch work!..JZ

Juice said:

I do offer pick up and delivery in my 28ft fully enclosed trailer. I would need to know what has been done and what is left to be done before I stick my foot in my mouth. :wink: PM me if you are interested.

WOW Juice! I feel your pain:(. I can only hope and pray that someday the end result you wanted in the first place comes to fruition.

Josh,
Sorry to hear about all of this crap. I have a guy locally who may be able to help you. I plan on having him doing some work on my car including installing some Lechers skirts and a possibly some more body stuff, wide body rear end, NSX-R hood and a Do-Luck front bumper unless someone gets the urethane front Comptech-like bumper completed. This is of course assuming that I go with a wide body. I have seen some of his stuff and he is definitely talented. PM me for more details. Can't help you with the stereo stuff, talk to Brian?

Tim

Juice said:
After ~2 years of my car being in multiple shops, I thought I had finally landed someone who could wrap up the job of building my show NSX. Due to the delays of trying to get custom parts from over seas, my project got repeatedly sidelined at his garage. The waiting should have been worth it as this guy was supposed to be a true perfectionist.

So I get a call today from the landlord of the shop. Jack Honse, my fabricator and painter, has disappeared. He has left to go somewhere in Mesa, Arizona (we guess) to work at a hotrod custom shop and has left behind four custom car projects. Mine included. My aluminum body parts are scattered behind his shop and *we believe* my car is inside under lock and key.

Here is the kicker. A fellow Prime member wrote me yesterday saying that he saw a black NSX parked outside of Best Buy here in Columbus. A convertible NSX with temporary tags. <sigh> I can't help but fear the worse, as two black convertible NSX's in Columbus Ohio seems a bit odd. I am trying to stay calm and collective about the whole issue, but I think I'm about to snap.

My friends call my car the Curse and even the Myth. The Curse because in the last 4 years I have spent 20 - 30 G's on parts and lack luster service and never get to drive my car. I think I may have driven it 5 times in the last 3 years. The Myth? Because most of my friends have never actually seen my car as it is always in the shop for one reason or the other. This is mostly my fault (mod fever crossed with go-fast crack pipe), but who else here on Prime has paid $1800.00 in labor just to have the clutch changed out, taking the service center 2 months to complete, and returning your car with a badly dented left front fender while claiming it was like that when they got it?

How about having your new Wilwood BBK's installed and then your mechanic takes a grinder to your new calipers so he can get your wheels to fit over them? Not to mention the fact he installed one of the PADS backwards and caused irreparable damage to one of the rotors.

Or how about having a support bolt in the suspension strip out of its socket (hey, it's aluminum!) and your right rear suspension folds into the wheel well at a 90 degree angle requiring a whole new rear cross beam assembly? Not to mention finding that one of your cams is grinding in its journal because of unexplained oil starvation and now you need to replace the entire front bank and drop the bottom end to check for metal shavings.

Hey, and how about having your stereo shop mess with your new brake calipers (yes, again) and forget to put one of the retaining bolts back in so on the way home your caliper locks up between you powder coated custom Work wheels and your rotors causing your car to block a freeway off ramp in a downpour of rain and requiring a tow truck to drag your car (the wheel is still locked!!) up onto its bed? Forget the fact that said stereo shop has practically sat on my car project for 6 months because they were handling "quick money small jobs". And the fact that my installer was fired half way through the job for selling stolen goods out of the stereo shop to street customers.

Maybe I can tell the story of how I fought with Mike Constantine from Speed Within Reach (now rightfully defunct!) for months to get reimbursed thousands of dollars for clutch cores and returned Clutch Masters' twin disk clutches that would never work properly thus resulting in the $1800.00 service bill mentioned earlier? I'm sure some of you Prime members might find that story interesting. Hmmmmm???

For years I have been an avid NSX enthusiast and supporter. I have kept my chin up and just looked past everything with a twinge of annoyance at the incompetence of others who work in the automotive field. But I am burnt out. I must decide whether to aim to finish my car as I have been trying to do for years now, or cut my losses and part out my car and escape with whatever funds I can pull out of the ashes. I just wish I could have found someone who was willing to share the ambitions I had for building my show NSX. Now I just await to find out if it is still behind the locked doors of a body shop located 2 hours north of me and if so, what to do with it.

Sounds like all you need now is a swift hard kick in the nuts to complete your streak of bad luck.
I hope things get better for you.

zahntech said:
Stereo shops are very questionable, most are run by theves and people of questionible reputation.

Please back this up with some facts! I think this statement is too general and without merit. :mad: I have never had a problem with any hi-fi car installer or retailer.

Nevermind I read the rest of the thread. :biggrin:

LOL! Juice your too funny, you almost have it as bad as I do. :smile:

Let's recap

2 blown engines.
Car catches fire , tow truck driver bends control arm.
Nsx down and out for 1 year for radio install.

I found out today that my Nsx has a Hemi engine in it. :confused:
Well at least five out of six cylinders are oval. :eek:
I guess thats why I broke 5 out of 6 ring lands. :frown:
It also looks like my crank is smaller than it should be. :redface:
Like I didn't know that all ready. :rolleyes:
My Optima battery just had a melt down and leaked all over our stereo shops brand new floor, I tried to take it out of my car and spilled it all over it. :mad:
I am not even going to start talking about what caused me to get into this mess in the first place.

I feel your pain old buddy.
If there is anything I can do let me know, my shop is close to you so don't be shy and call me when you get some free time.
We could also help you with your install.

OK, I thought I had bad, but you win. Just a thought but: If you plan on finishing, with the amount of work needed to be done, forget local. Ship it someone who you know will get the job done and get it done correctly.

Sorry to hear about all that. Personally, I would have snapped after someone grinded down the caliper. Crazy!!

Well, here is an update. I managed to pick my car up from the shop and get it back home via trailer. Parts are every where. I have spent the last three weeks trying to pin down a shop that can actually handle the task of rebuilding her the way I want: flawless. Needless to say I'm very skeptical and am scared to trust her with anyone. She now sits in perma-storage awaiting her next destination. Once I try this again, I will let everyone in on it. I'm not sure what else to tell you guys at this point.

Maybe give us a general idea of what exactly needs to be finished, and hopefully someone on here can give you some solid leads. It's hard to recomend someone for the job without knowing everything that needs to be completed. Just a thought.

this sucks feel for you considering how long its taken to get parts and now this!

Best of Luck in finding another quality builder.

Again sorry to hear bout this mate.

Juice said:
Once I try this again, I will let everyone in on it. I'm not sure what else to tell you guys at this point.

Sounds like a job for "Overhaulin"
Call up Chip Foose he can help you. :wink:

Back