• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

my (former) car in Road and Track

Have a story to share about the 91 black on black NSX that I had to sell last year.
The biggest reason I bought the car, and the way I justified the purchase to my wife, was Dave VanDerwerp's section of an article in Road and Track back in 2008: "Most Fun for $25,000"
This is the page about the NSX that Dave wrote: http://www.caranddriver.com/features/most-fun-for-25000-199194-acura-nsx-page-3
It took about a year for me to find a nice car.

I loved owning and driving the car a few thousand miles a year for almost 3 years. Eventually it came time to sell it. I played with bolt-ons and had the car in even better condition when I was selling it than when I bought it. I listed it for sale on prime for $30k and quickly got many offers at full price. I took the fastest and best offer. The buyer flew in the look at the car. Very nice guy who knew what he as looking at. Car checked out great. Towards the end of the couple of hours we spent together, it finally comes out: the buyer was Dave Vanderwerp, who gave me the motivation to buy it in the first place!

To cap off the story, I was reading the latest issue of Road and Track and saw a short article about the classic NSX, and Dave was writing about my car. I just emailed him to see if that is actually my car in the picture. It certainly looks like it. If it is, the article is getting framed and put up next to my kid’s pictures where it belongs.

I've seen the car in Dave's garage. Beautiful ride, man. Dave had it detailed locally at Lotus dealer that does a lot of exotic work, and the black looks like glass... totally swirl free.

By the way, there was a reference to a tuner exhaust that was a little loud for his tastes. It's now on my '99.... I think in combo with those DC Sports aftermarket headers it was a bit much... not so bad with my stock headers.

I guess I like it a bit loud. I want to know there are explosions going on inside that engine. I now have a 2000 M5 for which I have already collected all the parts for the exhaust: headers, dual 3" mandrel bent pipes, and a couple of Burns straight through 16" x 6" muffler. I will probably have to add a pair of 12" x 5" where the cats used to be.

Nice to meet you again last week. If you get the itch, stop by my
house and we can take a spin in mine.

Brian

Back