• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NA2 nsx-r replica and the Spoon nsx-r replica in May Honda tuning

Tom, the car looks great in the mag and it was very nice meeting you at Cars and Coffee!!
Chris

Couldnt find it.....oh wells.

Hello again,

I made a request a while back as to whether someone would be willing to send me a copy of this particular issue to the UK...One person did offer but then I heard nothing. Not sure if the member couldn't find it or what?

So before it goes out of circulation, can someone please send me a copy?

I will send the money by paypal immediately to whoever can take the time to kindly respond and offer a copy. Perhaps PM me??

Many many thanks,

Gary

Last edited:
Hello again,

I made a request a while back as to whether someone would be willing to send me a copy of this particular issue to the UK...One person did offer but then I heard nothing. Not sure if the member couldn't find it or what?

So before it goes out of circulation, can someone please send me a copy?

I will send the money by paypal immediately to whoever can take the time to kindly respond and offer a copy. Perhaps PM me??

Many many thanks,

Gary

PM sent :)

Congrats man! On my way to pick up a copy.

Well picked up my copy and Toms car is beyond sweet! Mad as hell about the Spoon article though:mad: Spoon flat out lied and that was so uncool. The Spoon replicas ( only two of them ) are used rebuilds. Some here tried to tell me that and I apologize for not believing them.

I faithfully followed every article online and in print that said Spoon was getting unused LHD chassis that Honda had moth balled in storage. There is no translation bad enough to explain this kind of mistake.

Just wanted to thank Richard publicly for taking the time to post this to me over in the UK. I haven't read it yet but it's great to know that Primers will go that extra mile.....just like our motors....

Gary

PM sent Richard so I can send payment...

You're welcome Gary, I'm glad it made it there safely.

I still haven't read mine either! :biggrin:

Well picked up my copy and Toms car is beyond sweet! Mad as hell about the Spoon article though:mad: Spoon flat out lied and that was so uncool. The Spoon replicas ( only two of them ) are used rebuilds. Some here tried to tell me that and I apologize for not believing them.

I faithfully followed every article online and in print that said Spoon was getting unused LHD chassis that Honda had moth balled in storage. There is no translation bad enough to explain this kind of mistake.

We (Honda Tuning magazine staff) were all told the same thing everyone else was for the last six months or so but once we actually went to Japan and spoke with the guys at Spoon in person, the story changed. Our reporter/writer, Adam Geczi, was actually the one who pried all of this out of one of the lower level guys there who has probably since been reprimanded for saying anything. He went so far as to show us some photos of the red one at a local body shop getting stripped and re-sprayed.

We (Honda Tuning magazine staff) were all told the same thing everyone else was for the last six months or so but once we actually went to Japan and spoke with the guys at Spoon in person, the story changed. Our reporter/writer, Adam Geczi, was actually the one who pried all of this out of one of the lower level guys there who has probably since been reprimanded for saying anything. He went so far as to show us some photos of the red one at a local body shop getting stripped and re-sprayed.

I'm sure he did as the Spoon end on this side ( Opak racing ) was just straight lying! I have no hard feelings but would have if I'd sold my NSX and then in the process found out I was just buying a used car with add ons for $125k.

Bound to be some fallout after your article but Spoon deserves it and if those two cars weren't sitting before I'm pretty sure they will be now. I can't imagine anyone wanting them now.

I'd like some of the Spoon parts though. What's odd is they don't seem interested in selling them in the US:confused: If Spoon is still speaking to you guys can you find out why they don't sell NSX parts in the US even though they sell them in Japan.

I'm sure he did as the Spoon end on this side ( Opak racing ) was just straight lying! I have no hard feelings but would have if I'd sold my NSX and then in the process found out I was just buying a used car with add ons for $125k.

Bound to be some fallout after your article but Spoon deserves it and if those two cars weren't sitting before I'm pretty sure they will be now. I can't imagine anyone wanting them now.

I'd like some of the Spoon parts though. What's odd is they don't seem interested in selling them in the US:confused: If Spoon is still speaking to you guys can you find out why they don't sell NSX parts in the US even though they sell them in Japan.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRPTCUS%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> I personally asked Ichishima-san this question about selling NSX parts. His answer was, "Spoon build these NSXs not to sell parts, but to bring the essence of the Type R (NSX-R) to USA"

A lot of things were said about where the chassis came from. It’s not so much Opak Racing or Spoon lied about anything said. The story was very inconsistent because there is a huge language barrier between Spoon and Opak Racing. Ichishima-san speaks broken English and Edmun Laurea (Opak Racing) speaks broken Japanese. It’s their jobs to promote their business ventures together; however the story changes because of miscommunication. Spoon is very reputable and Japanese culture is very honest. I don't believe there was any miss direction intentional.

Last edited:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRPTCUS%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> I personally asked Ichishima-san this question about selling NSX parts. His answer was, "Spoon build these NSXs not to sell parts, but to bring the essence of the Type R (NSX-R) to USA"

But Spoon already sells those parts in Japan. On Yahoo auction I've bought both a suspension and an exhaust both Spoon designed/made for the NSX. Plus if you go to the Spoon Japanese website you can see NSX parts. He doesn't have to sell everything that they used but at least let the US guys be able to buy some of the stuff they already sell.

A lot of things were said about where the chassis came from. It’s not so much Opak Racing or Spoon lied about anything said. The story was very inconsistent because there is a huge language barrier between Spoon and Opak Racing. Ichishima-san speaks broken English and Edmun Laurea (Opak Racing) speaks broken Japanese. It’s their jobs to promote their business ventures together; however the story changes because of miscommunication. Spoon is very reputable and Japanese culture is very honest. I don't believe there was any miss direction intentional.

When information came out I spoke to Edmun directly and he's a really nice/cool guy. He gave me all sorts of info like telling me there were going to be five chassis purchased from Honda to be built to spec. He told that the first car was just an intro but that they were building a white one once the red car was done. I was asking questions because I told Edmun I'd post up on prime since he seemed reluctant to. I was constantly defending the Spoon NSX-R project here on prime ,but it turns out that what the other primers were saying was true.

Every culture has it's honest people and it's crooks ( GT Rom ). I specifically asked as to confirm that the chassis were coming from Honda and was told that "yes" they were indeed unused Honda NA1 chassis of various years. If you bought a used vehicle to convert that's not an unused chassis so I'm sorry that's not a language barrier problem. Again I've no hard feelings but there were some outright lies told that had nothing to do with translation problems.

Got my issue and have 3 other magazines with nsx's on them. Seems like nsx's are finally getting their overdue shine in the mags....too bad it took so long....but better late then never.

Got my issue and have 3 other magazines with nsx's on them. Seems like nsx's are finally getting their overdue shine in the mags....too bad it took so long....but better late then never.

No kidding! I think there's been more coverage of the NSX in the last year than the previous six.

Now I hope that some of the pubs can make it through the economic downturn.

Source Interlink Media Corporation filed for Chapter 11, and hope to come out of this filing in a month or so.
Hopefully, no other magazine titles will be killed off.

Tan

Back