• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new front bumper.

I personally know the gentleman that runs Do-Luck USA here in Seattle. Very good guy indeed. I recomend you guys to do business with him if needed.
very nice car indeed...:)

Edwardo,

I like the way you think. From the pics you really can't tell but the colour is off depending on the angle you look at it. I plan to put my car into shows so it has to be perfect.

96blk,

I agree The rep at Do-Luck Usa (Jonathan) is a very nice fellow. He was very helpful and answered all questions I had before I made a purchase.

Once again guys thanks for the comments, you can't go wrong with this bumper.

Very Beautiful Set up. I have to say it really makes your car look exotic.

Incidentally I'm debating on doing the fender change as well as a front bumper. You say you did at least 8 coats to try to match and still wasn't able to do so??? Is this yellow really that hard to match. I guess I might as well for get about doing the rear fenders if it's that difficult to match... :eek:

NSX2NV said:
I like the way you think. From the pics you really can't tell but the colour is off depending on the angle you look at it.

I'm sorry I can't agree - even in the pics colour doesn't look "right" - from the first couple of pics the bumper almost looks "flat", vs the high gloss of the lights & hood. (particularly in the very first & second pics in the thread)
I think that plastic (or fibreglass) parts don't end up exactly correct somehow vs aluminum - I have noticed a difference on most after market or re-painted stock front or rear ends. One local guy in the trade sugested it might be best to start with white primer before the colour coats. Maybe some more clear coat on the top & some Zaino will help!

Sorry, don't mean to be critical - your end result still looks good.

I have seen another SPA yellow with re-painted stock front end & it just didn't look right either - hard color to match IMO.

paint match

Yor car has an amazing look with that front bumper, it looks almost like a future factory styling change, not too custom. Plastic and fiberglass bumpers are usually slightly off color against the metal panels on even brand new cars. This is partially because they are painted seperate from the car with special flex additives in the sealers and topcoats. When you have any panel repainted completely with what is called a square cut it is almost impossible to match especially with tricoat pearls. The proper repair is to use your adjacent panels to blend out your color into and fully clear the panels. As an example if you needed to replace or fully paint your door the only way to guarantee a perfect match is to put your color onto the door and blend the color into your fender and quarter panel and fully clear the three panels. In my opinion 7 to 8 coats of pearl is way to much it would probably give the yellow a white milky look. I would think 2 to 3 coats would be more like the amount the factory would use. If you are going to get just the bumper painted again you can get the shop to do spray out cards. This is where you take a bunch of small paint cards and base all of them yellow, on card 1 you put on coat of pearl, on card 2 two coats of pearl and so on. Then you clear all the cards and let them dry, then you hold the cards up to the hood edge and look for the best match and use the number of coats of pearl that matches the card. This will usually give you your best chance for a match without blending other panels. Good luck, again the car looks great.

Wade,
a fellow Canadian

Thanks for the info Bizman. I'll be sure to let my bodyshop know when we respray the bumper.

photoshopped pictures?

i was wondering if anyone good with photoshop out there could alter the pictures to have the 91-93 coupe look instead of the targa top.

i have a silver/black but yellow/black is good enough for me so i can see how it might look with the black top.

thanks.

jbum

Here's White.

acura_nsx_do_luck.sized.jpg

One More

Attachments

• nsx_91_b_doluck_aero_wivern_1_fb_01.jpg
    nsx_91_b_doluck_aero_wivern_1_fb_01.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 882
Back