• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MY New shoes ! Volk Racing SF Challenge Mercury Silver 18/19 !

Hey guys, well finally got my new shoes on the car. They are Volk Racing SF Challenges in Mercury Silver. the Fronts are 18x7.5 +42 offset and 19x9.5 +38 offset. The only reason why Im running a low offset in the rear is because my fenders are flared 1", the fronts require a 10mm spacer. All In all, the car is what I expected and more. LEt me know what you think thanks!

chris

Attachments

• Picture 561q.JPG
    Picture 561q.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 4,024
Look great! Where did you pick up the wheels and do you know how much they weigh?

supra2porsche2nsx said:
the Fronts are 18x7.5 +42 offset........ the fronts require a 10mm spacer.

I have a set of GT-U's on order, but the fronts are as similar size/offset of 17x8 +42 offset and I figure a spacer would be needed to clear the stock NSX caliper. But did you need to use a 10mm spacer? Or could you have gotten away with a 3mm or 5mm spacer?

Car looks good otherwise :)

Your car looks freakin' tight!!! I like it!!! :D

But, at the same time, with wheels style like that AND that big, you need to do something to enhance your brake setup.

Exotic looking rims. Great Exposure on the brake set up and cooling of the calipers and rotors so I concur about FuryNSX's remarks about the big brake kit.

Tan :)

Hi, thanks guys for the kind words !

Newman, YES you must run some kind of spacer. I learned the hardway =( I scratched the inside of the wheel. I was mounting the wheels at night so I couldnt see. But a 10mm spacer puts the wheel right flushed with the fender.

I know !!! but unfortuanetly, the front wheel will not allow me to run a BBK. I must run a different offset. I am however I guess for now, Repaint the calipers black or Gold (like the 02 and up), X drilled rotors (i dont track the car just for looks), and Pads. Thanks again guys !

chris

NICE wheels chris.... guess i'll be rockin the same type of wheels as you... good choice!

Hey guy's thanks again, Much appreciation.

The Rear 1/4 panels were flared 1" with a stock metal sheet. My friend sold me the panels already flared. We are not sure who did it, but whoever did it, did an EXCELLENT job. The FLARE is ALUMINUM not fiberglass so it will not crack. It looks so perfect with that 1" flared rear because it matches the front. Ill take more pics of the flare, and it looks STOCK :eek:

Hey daniel, thanks man, are you getting SF challenges from Eddie?

chris

supra2porsche2nsx said:
Hey daniel, thanks man, are you getting SF challenges from Eddie?

chris

yes... eddie got the wheels made for me. they just got in. here's some pics of it.. i just need to hurry and get some tires slapped on them quick!!!

sorry;... i forgot to add the pics.. haha.. that'd help!

8573rims1.jpg

8573rims2.jpg

JDMnsxR said:
sorry;... i forgot to add the pics.. haha.. that'd help!

8573rims1.jpg

8573rims2.jpg

Are these Mecury Silver ? Nice. Is that for a Wide body? that is a huge deep dish.

I just ordered a set of Merc Silver GT-C face1 18x7.5 face2 19x9.5 from the same guy.. :)

Back