• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My New Toy! (Shotgun)

So, I called up my local Big 5 asking for a Ramington 870 Synthetic 18" pump, and they said they had on in stock. So my wife goes down there the next day and buys me a $500 gift certificate so I can go get the gun.

I get there, and the only thing they have is a 26". They also told me that they don't carry the 18"; the smallest one they had was the 20" with 8-shot capacity. But that they would have that model in in a couple of weeks.

So I go down there today and ask if the 20" came in, and further inquire about an 18" (they kept explaining that 18-1/2 was the shortest legal limit:rolleyes: ). Anyway, I'm stuck with a gift certificate which is non-refundable, and the manager called up another store and asked if they had any 870 "security" shotguns. A "20-inch, 7-shot" to be exact... The other store did have it.

So I go over there to check it out. Lo and behold, they have both the 18" and the 20". Naturally, I grab the 18, and I'm totally happy now :biggrin:

I learned a lesson here: those Big 5 guys don't really know anything about guns, I think.

So, it is the first in my collection which will probably be about 4 or 5. Still want to get a pistol (or two) and maybe a rifle. I will also be sprucing up the 870 with a few modest mods over time. Hopefully I can go shoot it this weekend:biggrin:

Attachments

• Shotgun2.jpg
    Shotgun2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 136
Very nice, I just recently picked up a 870 as well but the Tactical version with piston grip and knoxx stock. I believe mines the 18" version too, I'll have to double check.

Nice. I'd like to get myself a pistol too.

It seems that sales people in most places don't know much about what they are selling, otherwise I suppose they'd get a better job elsewhere.

I was at the local home theater shop schooling the guy on the brand of speakers they sell the most of a few days ago.

glad it worked out for you and you werent stuck with a gift card to BIG5, i havent been there in ages.

as for a riffle.... on the military channel the other day they had a m4 with a 50 caliber upper reciever :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: talk about a RIFLE!:biggrin:

I shoot trap (5K rounds/month).....Doubles gun:

Kolar 12 ga Over/Under 32" AAA Competition/CT (mfg in Racine WI)

Kolar2.jpg

Singles & handicap:

Ljutic 12 ga 34" Monogun w/one touch adjustable rib/CT (mfg in Yakima, WA)

Ljutic.jpg

Last edited:
glad it worked out for you and you werent stuck with a gift card to BIG5, i havent been there in ages.

as for a riffle.... on the military channel the other day they had a m4 with a 50 caliber upper reciever :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: talk about a RIFLE!:biggrin:

its the beowulf, and the bullets are a dollar twenty a round if you can find them. it kicks hard, but the muzzle break is suppose to reduce the recoil by 40%. how do i know? there is one sitting in the closet

get this for your shotty http://www.knoxx.com/index2.html what kind of rifles are you looking for? have you tried ar15.com? great site, i have a few rifles no shotgun yet. i wanted the saiga 12 shotty, but hard to get for the price i want. remember to treat it like its always loaded, have fun.

As for my shotgun, I'm thinking that there are 5 or six mods that I will get overtime:

-Ghost ring rear sight, and tritium front sights
-Surefire forend with light
-Vang Comp System
-6-round side saddle
-Some kind of finish (Wilson Combat Armor-Tuff, or something like that).

(That Knoxx stock looks awesome!)

As for rifles, I'm not too thrilled on the AR-15 (I use one at work). But I will probably get one. If I do, I'm leaning toward Rock River. Other rifles that I like are the Springfield M1A Scout and SOCOM 16. Also, the Remington 750 (.308), and the Remington 7600 (also in .308, it's a pump rifle).

As for pistols, I like Wilson Combat the best. I'm most inclined toward a CQB, but I may go for something smaller, or just get a full size and a compact. I also would like to get a high(er) capacity pistol. I'm thinking it'll be Glock, but I'm still researching what I want in that particular department.

they also have ar pistols as well. since you dont live in california, you could always get the gsg-5 in pistol form. here are a few pics of bullets: (left to right) .223 (normal ar-15), .30 (ak-47), and 50 cal (the wulf)

Attachments

• CIMG2951.jpg
    CIMG2951.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 25
  • CIMG2955.jpg
    CIMG2955.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 21
and 1.20 a round isnt as bad as i thought it would be, when i was looking up the barret 50 caliber rifles the rounds they sell are 4.25, that makes for an expensive shooting day with a 10k dollar gun:tongue:

and 1.20 a round isnt as bad as i thought it would be, when i was looking up the barret 50 caliber rifles the rounds they sell are 4.25, that makes for an expensive shooting day with a 10k dollar gun:tongue:

if someone can afford 10k for a rifle, i dont think 5 bucks a bullet is going to hurt them =). its like buying an enzo and not being able to afford a clutch job on it. yeah, we only shoot about 20 when we take the beowulf out if that. it hurts too much

Back