• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new wheels

The 265 rear makes sense as to why the tires look "stretched" and the rear profile/thickness doesn't look as substantial as a 275 would. Also the fact that the are Falken 452s (I had the 451s and they had the stretch look. . I thought they supposedly fixed that sizing issue with the 452s, but I guess not).

Next time around I would recommend trying the Kumho SPTs in 215/35/18 and 275/30/19. They'll be much more squared up (no tire stretch) with the 18x8 fronts and 19x10 rears.

Goodyear actually makes the sizes he would need in the F1 GS D3 sizes. He can get a 225/35/18 and then a 275/35/19. I have the 225/35/18 on a 18/8.5 wheel and it fits great with no stretching.

I like the wheels. Did you weigh them compared to the stock wheels? I am wondering how much difference there was.

I will keep my comments about the blue lugnuts to myself. I think you are slowly losing it... :wink:

Mike,
That looks awsome. The lugnuts compliment the wheels and body very well. BTW, how you like the FK-452?

I like the wheels. Did you weigh them compared to the stock wheels? I am wondering how much difference there was.
No i didn't. I am waiting for my centering rings and when i get them i will weigh the oem and the new ones but it will be with tires.

I will keep my comments about the blue lug nuts to myself. I think you are slowly losing it... :wink:
I think they turned out great. They might even look good on yours :biggrin: . If i was losing it the wheels would have been color matched blue instead of gun metal gray :wink: .

slamstrom said:
Mike,
That looks awsome. The lugnuts compliment the wheels and body very well. BTW, how you like the FK-452?

Thanks Buddy, i really like the wheels and the lug nuts turned out great even though i didn't think they would. I think the subtle blue tip is a lot better then a completely blue lug nut. I haven't driven with the tires very much yet but will soon.

Cheers

Last edited:
If i was losing it the wheels would have been color matched blue instead of gun metal gray :wink: .Cheers

Did someone say blue wheels? HMMMMMMMM..........:biggrin:

bensnsx.jpg

No i didn't. I am waiting for my centering rings and when i get them i will weigh the oem and the new ones but it will be with tires.

Thats what I want to know anyway.

If i was losing it the wheels would have been color matched blue instead of gun metal gray :wink: .

Come on! I know you are thinking about it!!!

Man I hate to say it I actually kinda like the picture above with the blue wheels. I am rather tired and sleepy however... my judgment is cloudy...

I hate to say it but now you need a brake upgrade. Those rotors look wimpy.

Thats what I want to know anyway.

Come on! I know you are thinking about it!!!

Man I hate to say it I actually kinda like the picture above with the blue wheels. I am rather tired and sleepy however... my judgment is cloudy...
You got it. Hopefully the rings will be here by Friday and i can post the weights this weekend. My OEM wheels have practically new tires so it should be a good comparison. Well one set does, i have two sets of OEM wheels :wink: .

Nope, never considered it. The blue lug nuts i was going to do anyway even if i had stayed with the OEM wheels :cool: .

But now PJ's blue valve stems have me thinking :redface: .

With the tips painted, those lug nuts (in the last picture especially) look like a fancy bullet. :D

OK, i don't know how accurate my scales are but here are the weights.

OEM wheels w/Potenza RE040

Front---38.4 lbs
Rear----48.6 lbs

Advan Kreuzer V w/Falken FK-452

Front---39.4 lbs
Rear----48.6 lbs

I weighed every wheel from both sets and i also weighed each wheel 3 times. I can't believe that the rears were exactly the same but they were. From 17x7,17x9 to 18x8,19x10 with a increase in weight of only 2 lbs in the front, sounds good to me :biggrin: .

OK, i don't know how accurate my scales are but here are the weights.

OEM wheels w/Potenza RE040

Front---38.4 lbs
Rear----48.6 lbs

Advan Kreuzer V w/Falken FK-452

Front---39.4 lbs
Rear----48.6 lbs

I weighed every wheel from both sets and i also weighed each wheel 3 times. I can't believe that the rears were exactly the same but they were. From 17x7,17x9 to 18x8,19x10 with a increase in weight of only 2 lbs in the front, sounds good to me :biggrin: .

Actually that sounds great! Good choice bro!

Yeah they are nice and light.... but are they forged? I didn't think so. :biggrin:

Back