• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Project NSX - Picture intensive!!!

Car looked great! Ya know they sell these things called lowering springs that might help:biggrin: Where in Central NJ do you live, we should meet up for some cruises:wink:

NSXR2, your car looks sick. Are you planning on getting wide rears by chance?:wink:

Acura emblem =
strekemblem.jpg

(with one eyebrow raised) Logical.....Purely Logical

Car looked great! Ya know they sell these things called lowering springs that might help:biggrin: Where in Central NJ do you live, we should meet up for some cruises:wink:

Hey Bro! - i live in howell, NJ, just south of freehold, and yeah man i'm always running down to the shore, we should get a few cruises, that be sweet.
-Joey

I went back and replaced the wide fenders with the stock ones, the cantrel GT's just don't flow right with the car... that fender gap is ridiculus..

and yes the whole car was repainted :biggrin:
-Joey

That's the main reason I didn't get the Cantrell fenders either. Their being wider and having no big parking lights is nice, but the fender well arches alot higher than stock. I'll make your car look like a 4x4.

I don't have an "A", and its not because I am "ashamed". Any good designer will tell you that extras always ruin a beautiful form, which the NSX is. Extras are things that are tacked onto the body like keyholes, door handles, side marker lights, fuel filler doors, antennas, badges, and so on.

If you look at any Concept Car, there is none of that stuff. Not even door handles many times. Because they take away from the original form.

That's the reason why I shaved the front emblem, all the parking lights and antenna...looks very, very clean :biggrin:

If you see a beautiful woman, does she need a sticker on her forehead to tell you what she is?

Sorry but I think this analogy is kinda dumb. Who wears stuff on their forehead. Better is the analogy of a woman with jewelry. Does it enhance her or detract from her. Personally, I think a beautiful woman in a nice set of earrings, necklace, bracelet and ring looks better. Plain, no way.
Same with my car. She looks better with badging that proclaims her heritage, her style.

Sorry but I think this analogy is kinda dumb. Who wears stuff on their forehead. Better is the analogy of a woman with jewelry. Does it enhance her or detract from her. Personally, I think a beautiful woman in a nice set of earrings, necklace, bracelet and ring looks better. Plain, no way.
Same with my car. She looks better with badging that proclaims her heritage, her style.

I would akin jewlery to a set of wheels or a nice looking brake caliper. I have a hard time seeing a badge as jewlery. You can put nice wheels on any car and make it look better, but adding a label on the front or rear is naming it. It is, as if the woman had something that read "stacey" on her some place. I say "forehead", because that's where a badge sits.

Now some will like the name stacey, and some won't. It depends on what their previous experience was with women named Stacey. When you say "It's an Acura", "Its an NSX" or "It's a Honda", your idea may be a positive "heritage", to someone else it may be a cheap vehicle... or something in between or completely different.

If you like to make a statement with your vehicle, then a badge is fine. But I still think that it immediately takes your attention away from the actual beauty of the car. Especially one that not many people have ever seen. I have people stare at my car for what seems like ten minutes... They walk around it as I am sitting far away on a bench, just watching them. They ask each other "what is it?" ten times. Then they walk away either saying "its X" or "its Y" sometimes, but they always say "it's nice". It is nice. The NSX is a beautiful car. Let people enjoy it without forming immediate opinions about it thanks to the badge. Just my opinion of course, I am totally cool with whatever anyone wants to put on their car.

That's the reason why I shaved the front emblem, all the parking lights and antenna...looks very, very clean :biggrin:

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but how did you get rid of the parking lights?

Sami actually cut a sheet of aluminum and welded it in place.. very tricky work... i hate working with aluminum, but Sami's just friggin awesome at this kinda stuf... i think he's got a viper he's working on now, some crazy insane stuff going in that thing!!!

-Joey

Hey Frank,
Yeah Sami was telling me about your nsx-r. I can totally see how different your style is than mine, but yes your right, Sami's paint jobs are amazing!

-Joey

Back