• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My recent honeymoon

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys I am back from my Honeymoon.

let me tell you about my Coasta Rica Experience.

bad grammar and run-ons so deal with it......

the Wedding was the best lots of love, Beautiful Bride.
I still cant believe Im married now LOL the stud is put to pasture.

anyway

we Fly into San Jose International Airport/ SJO 9:00pm

we rent a 2011 Toyota Yaris 1.8L 5-speed this thing got like 72mpg on gasoline. we rent the TOM TOM style GPS. the rental place entered in the address of Our Hotel/resort ( Parador ) we leave the airport we follow the GPS to the T. after going up and down volcanos, we floated the rental car across a 15 foot wide 2 feet deep waterfall, thinking this is normal for the locals. we continue driving up and down up and down these roads that even a person on a bicycle would have trouble staying on. if you look down you see your life flash before you LOL.
we then was warned by the GPS that a dangerous Bridge is ahead, so we take caution. then we look and no bridge it had been washed away you could see the road on the other side of this 300 feet wide 20 feet deep river. we decided we are now official lost in the jungle.
I then turned the car around and returned the way we came 3.5 hours ago. 3.5 hours later we are out of the non-paved clay roads of the volcanos. while driving for 8 hours up and down these roads riding the clutch in first gear second gear was gone. and the clutch well we were sick from the burning smell LOL( wasnt that back ) we then got lost in what we thought were the slums of San Jose, tring to get back to the airport to ask for help since the millions of people walking around at 5AM
didnt speak one word of english( we tried ) then there was a small dog in the road it would not move even if i honked the horn. so I tried to drive around it, bad move I forgot the rain gutters are like 3 feet deep bang bang, boom, the car takes a nose dive into one fo these gutters 5:30am
we floored it and made it out of the gutter at the cost of the front bumper of this rental car LOL. we then see a sky scapper in the distance
we drive like hell down a ton of one-way streets to get to this building. 30 feet from the Hilton buidling a public Bus full to the brim with passengers turns onto the street we were driving on. you can u-turn as the curbs of this road were like 2 feet tall. we throw the car into reverse I dump the clutch it stalls as I tried to start the car again I hear the famous tires of the bus locking up and skiding to a stop 3 inches from out already banged up rental car. we reverse and finally pull into the hilton I jump out and ask a grop of guys smoking cigs if any of them spoke english, one taxi driver said "Yes I speak english I lived in Orlando FL for 10 years what up bro"
me and my WIFE jump in Joy and tears. he tells up to stay at this hotel tonight and he will drive our wrecked rental to our hotel 3.5 hours away.
we thank him and go to sleep in this hotel in downtown San Jose.
we wake up he is waiting for us I hand him the keys to our rental he drives up to our hotel. we paid him his fee 180USD and I tipped him 200 USD to thank him. we check in our hotel and the honeymoon begins LOL
this hotel is the biggest and the best money can buy. they have a wall
of famous people that has stayed there, Charlee Sheen, Don Juan, Mel Gibson, Jamie Prestley, the list goes on and on. and that Governor that cheated on his wife shiltzer I forget.
everyone at our hotel was either from CA, or TX. a few couple from Chicago, and New Jersey was a blast.
we did the tourist stuff Zipline, horseback riding etc. etc.
monkeys every where, the best. the view was amazing from anywhere at the resort.
the honeymoon is over we fly to Miami then to Tampa, I did not check in any luggage but my Wife did. I still have my luggage she does not. LOL

I left out tons of stuff but will add pics later today and the video of the discovery of the missing bridge. you guys are gonna love this thread

Congrats before anything, getting lost is not fun but it shure will make remember this trip forever.
Trips are boring when they are perfect.

When my wife and I traveled Europe last summer, One of our stops was Manheim Ger. We arrive to the city at mid night ,the car rental was closed and our reservation wasn't there and every other hotel was booked because of F1.
Horrible feeling walking around in the middle of the night pulling your suitcases trying to find a hotel.
But we remember that stop and laugh about it every time.

-MSR

Shawn,

Did you stay at Los Suenos Resort in Jaco? I went down there in '03 on business. Lots of friendly people. Caught 3 Sailfish. Women were sooooo hot! Yeah, that's back when I was single. LOL

No we stayed at " The Parador " but people were telling us about that hotel.

we took video of us lost up these volcanos but its gigs I dont think You tube will let me upload it.

I am tring to upload now.

stay tuned.

Back