• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My SUV was stolen

I brought in my FX35 on 10/21/08 for warranty repair. Dealer called on 10/22/08 at 1:30pm to inform me that the SUV was ready for pick up. Went to dealership at 6pm to get it. My SUV was there, but they could not find the keys. Was given a loaner and told to come back the following morning, 10/22/08. Got a call at 8:30 am that someone stole my SUV. Met with police at the dealership to file a report. Police and myself were very frustrated with dealerships lack of cooperation. They treat this as an issue between me and my insurance and between the thief and the police. The dealership is Frontier Infiniti in Santa Clara, California (northern).
Has this happened to anyone? What did you do? What can I do?

Last edited:
IMO this is a case between the dealership and their insurance first.

Sorry to hear about your car. Hold their feet to the fire.

im assuming you told the cops that the dealership couldnt find your keys for you the night before right?

*cough cough* i bet the keys arent at the dealership anymore *cough cough*

i would have the police review the security tapes of what happend to the keys(although you might have to tip one of thier lazy asses to do so)

also ask for like a 2 year history of any stolen cars from that dealership, definitly some shady stuff happening there

In my opinion, the dealership took possession of your SUV for work they were to perform. They are responsible for your car until it is returned to your possession. This is an issue btwn them and their insurance to make you whole again. Your insurance should not be burdened with this matter.

You need to get to the GM of the dealership or the owner and not some assistant manager type who can't do anything.

Without going into detail, I had the same experience. I also had the added benefit on the dealership video showing who stole my car- dealership employee. In the end I was satisfied and the dealership was not happy.
Good luck.

Are you on Overhaulin'?:tongue:

chip-foose-design.jpg

thats chips infinity suv stealing face

Back