• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NASA -AZ chuckwalla // who is going?

Ravi, It was AWESOME seeing you and how well you killed it with an NA. You are the benchmark for "smooth = fast". You've set the time I need to run before I even consider going TT. You mentioned you won't be running next season, why not? Glad to hear you'll still be out at events though. Hope to see ya when we come out to Firebird. Congrats on the 2nd place finish in UMS TA and the 3rd place in TTA, awesome showing for our NSX's for the 2012 season!

I'd actually advise going out before then... that speed came with lots and lots of seat time IN TT with the big boys. I definitely was not fast before getting into TT, I was average. TT is what brought on the fire!

I'd actually advise going out before then... that speed came with lots and lots of seat time IN TT with the big boys. I definitely was not fast before getting into TT, I was average. TT is what brought on the fire!

Ravi, Given the changes in TT (is there a place on the web to review the new classes?) and your 3 days going CCW @Chuckwalla, what time do you recommend hitting before I try TT?

Thanks Jim. That's what I was looking for. This is interesting:

3) Create a new Modification Factor for ST3 only-- non-OEM Aero modifications at -0.5. This will functionally make the ST3 limits 9.0:1 for OEM Aero cars and 9.5:1 for cars with Aero mods. (There will likely be a few specialty model vehicles that will be considered to have non-OEM Aero, such as the Honda S2000 CR).

As far as TTB, you need to be in the 2:05's to podium.

But you won't ever get there until you jump in at the bottom and let the train carry you along...
So if you are classing for TTB, if you can safetly navigate CCW at 2:08, then its time for TT!

My 2:03 is a top 3 time in TTA, however most competitors are significantly slower after that. So it depends on where you want to fall.

I HIGHLY recommend classing to TTB to start with as its very cheap in an NSX to max out class.

TT3 will be a different animal, hence I am planning and strategizing for a 2014 season, not 2013. Our car typically doesn't fair as well in the PTW based classing as it takes away most of our advantages...

Last edited:
No problem!

Official results for the year are in.

NASA AZ Region
TTA 3rd Place Overall (Participated in 2nd half of year)
TTB 5th Place Overall (Participated in 1st half of year)
Time Trial Cumulative 4th Place Overall TTF-TTR
TA-B 2nd Place Overall

Not bad for a 275whp car with NT01s and Kw's!

Ravi - congrats.
Interesting that the number one ttb is faster than tta. It's a good strategy to class in tta. Looks like les cars ran there this time.

Usually TTA is packed, but being the last event, most people didn't have any opportunity to shuffle positions so didn't bother coming :)

The TTB driver is a CHAMPIONSHIP driver with a professional background. He is unbelievably fearless! lol

Last edited:
TTR 3rd Place Overall (Participated in the last 4 events of the year)
TTU 5th Place Overall (Participated in the first 6 events of the year)
TA-C 1st Place.
:-)

Official results for the year are in.

NASA AZ Region
TTA 3rd Place Overall (Participated in 2nd half of year)
TTB 5th Place Overall (Participated in 1st half of year)
Time Trial Cumulative 4th Place Overall TTF-TTR
TA-B 2nd Place Overall
!

^^ Drool

Love the new setup Chris! If you need help this year, let me know since i'll have my hands free for the most part!

Back