• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NASCAR NW at Road America - I'm driving #16

ovals.......yikes.....how is that compared to road courses from the drivers perspective.

good luck I'll be watching, NASCAR on the twisties is always a good show. Hopefully we will also see you in the car for the Nationwide race at Mid-Ohio

.great work...............at the sausage 200!:confused:

I'm watching you now and your leading :smile:

I always enjoy watching you race, hope you win.

Mike

and a little too fast down pit road, that sucks. But still plenty of laps left

- - - Updated - - -

heck of a good recovery, what nine positions gained on the last restart?

And a slap from Mad Max on TV to boot! Good calm, composed interview after the race, unlike some others.

Billy - being one of us NSX owners and Primer - gets my support and congratulations for indeed showcasing great driving talent.

But if I may, recall what the comments of one of the announcers where Ford had invited their young drivers to get some educational instructions from Billy how to be more "aggressive" in passing and protecting one's line. Yes this is racing, but then if you get a reputation that will follow you. And payback seems to be the expected if not mandatory macho requirement for Nascar entertainment. Stay tuned ......

Billy, my one recommendation to you is the same as the others noted - stay classy. With all due respect to your talents, Max Papis is in a different league/entourage - and there will be a time when you will need his entourage of racing friends. Your comment regarding why he is called "mad Max" was barely ok but I would avoid it if possible. I suspect his "slap" was more of an acknowledgment of hard racing incident than a real "madness."

Thanks guys for following the race and the support!

It was a long up and down race to say the least. I felt we had the car to beat. Max came over and apologized (and I did too) post-race and I look forward to racing him again this weekend in the Grand-Am Rolex 6-hours of the Glen race.

Stay classy Billy J.
Nice job.
Did I see smoke coming from the right side of your race car on the turns?
Inside rear tire lockup.

your papis slap made it to speed.....Lol I think you got his attention ..and he just picked on the new guy.as the others have said stay on the high road....you have alot of poise and smarts.

Billy, you handled that interview perfectly.
My standard for this type of thing is Randy Pobst, as he never seems to lose the proper perspective.

Well done, sir!
Brian

awsome job. so tell us about the great all american sport!:biggrin:....sadly no tv coverage of you while i watched....I was hoping.

Back