• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Navigation System

WTB: Navigation System

I'm looking for a navigation system for my "94. It must work in Hawaii. Any suggestions on what will work and where I can find it?

Re: WTB: Navigation System

stevenlee said:
I'm looking for a navigation system for my "94. It must work in Hawaii. Any suggestions on what will work and where I can find it?

Good luck. The only ones I know of that has a map of Hawaii or Honolulu at least are PC and PDA based version or the Garmin. I believe all the aftermarket ones like Alpine, Kenwood and the like can work, only none of them have maps of Hawaii. We either need to find a third part that has a map of Hawaii and can work with those systems or start heavily emailing those companies. I prefer the Alpine one since I have an Alpine video system. If you do find one, please let me know as well.

Oh, by the way. I guess this means your NSX finially made it here:D Congratulations.

ChrisK,
Thanks for your comments. Yes, My NSX finally arrived about 25 sdays after I delivered it to Matson in Calif...The car is GREAT!!!
It has an RM stainless Exhaust and Headers. I'm working on minor detailing/touch-up on the car. Then I may take on a turbo installation if I can find anyone who has worked out the installation and engine management details. Call me sometime or email me. It would be great to meet you and see your car.

Aloha,
Steve

I have the Alpine nav it works good but there are a few flaws in the maping.
Mine covers all of Canada and the USA, With the exeption of Alaska and Hawaii. :(
It use Smart Map pro v1.6 dvd 2001.
I think Smart map is a different company than Alpine. They would be the ones to talk to.

You guys have it made down there, I wouldnt mind getting lost with an NSX in Hawaii. :D

Aloha, Ehh! ;)
Brian;)

Back