• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

navigation system

Does anyone know where the speed sensor wire is located in a 1991 NSX ?
The dealer installed the Kenwood GSP in my NSX. But because he could not find the wire in the NSX service manual, some of the GSP functions are not operative.
I have the panel mounted on a bracket anchored on the ashtray. That eliminates any drilling on the console.
Thnaks. Harvey Wong [email protected] 11/23/2001

It's shown in the electrical manual. You can splice into it under the console or behind the ECU. Sorry, I don't have my book handy.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info

I had an Alpine DVD Nav system installed in my NSX. It took the guy forever to locate the speed sensor on the tranny. He finally got hold of an NSX tech who told him exactly where it was.
You can contact the stereo shop where I had the work done. It's called "SoundTrax". Their phone number is (631) 588 - 8435. Ask to speak to Scott and tell him that Larry with the White NSX recommended you.
He can answer your question in a flash.

Larry

Ah, now I know what you're talking about (I think). The speed sensor is used on the Alpine unit to detect if you're moving. If you are, it won't let you fool with the thing to prevent you from killing yourself. You can jump the two wires to bypass the sensor (of course this is probably illegal in your state, and not recommended).

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info

The guy which installed my Navigator found the right cable with the help of the BIG workshop manual (I don't know how to tell this in English).
I made the cable for the screen pass through the center vent, and the screen is mounted at eye-height with an U-bent dark-painted metal piece under the vent slot. This way I made no holes, and when I leave the car parked, I put the screen and the magnetic antenna inside the passenger glove box.
The cd-reader is hung under the passenger glove box, power-supply for the screen is under the passenger's feet... Hope this is an idea for other guys...
greetings from Italy, Cristiano.

Originally posted by Mantra:
The guy which installed my Navigator found the right cable with the help of the BIG workshop manual (I don't know how to tell this in English).
I made the cable for the screen pass through the center vent, and the screen is mounted at eye-height with an U-bent dark-painted metal piece under the vent slot. This way I made no holes, and when I leave the car parked, I put the screen and the magnetic antenna inside the passenger glove box.
The cd-reader is hung under the passenger glove box, power-supply for the screen is under the passenger's feet... Hope this is an idea for other guys...
greetings from Italy, Cristiano.
hi mantra,
Do you know how many NSX there are in Italy ?
I visit Italy a lot but never with my NSX because I'm a little afraid of the Italian way of drivin' and also because if anything goes wrong with the car I think it will be
difficult to find someone to fix it. Ciao.

Hello Duke,
there are a couple good Honda dealership with nsx techinician in the Lombardia region (both about 20km from Milano) and the service costs are awesome (30-40$ per hour
biggrin.gif
, here in Switzerland it is more than two times that price...) so you should not fear to drive in Italy with your nsx ...and maybe also profit of those prices if you need any work
wink.gif

ps: I repainted the two parts of the front nose (had MANY small rock chips), the lower black lip, the roof and the black part in the rear bumper where in the Euro models the number plate sits, all for less than 600$! At the official Honda body shop...

------------------
'91 NSX Red/Black *totaled* #9 Oversea NSXCA member
'91 NSX Silver/Black/Black http://photos.yahoo.com/gheba_nsx

Back