• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NC Dinner and Club meet in Raleigh

Cruz Bay, St. John USVI & Sopers Hole, Tortola BVI
NC Dinner and VIP Club meet in Raleigh

Hello all! James (pixelhaus) and I have been talking back and forth about testing the waters on a dinner and club night.... I work at a new night club, The Dirty off of Glenwood Ave in Raleigh.... we were discussing having everyone meet up for a night out...I can have the upstairs VIP area reserved for us with lots of goodies, ie:champagne, strawberries, chocolates...yum...and the whole front parking lot will be ours so you wont have to worry about parking your nsx in lots away from the club...We have security at the front door and we will rope off our whole front lot so only the NSXs can park there, also I can hire out another one of our BIG bouncers to stay out in the parking lot all night to watch all of our vehicles.
James is going to help me plan this (whether he wants to or not! heheh) if everyone decides this is something we want to do....It would be fun to see everyone...also we can do dinner before hitting the club...thinking Sullivans steakhouse or Its Prime Only...Owner Carlysle would also like to attend our event in his Lambo. (maybe we'll let him):biggrin: So please give some feedback on the idea....

Also....We have a club Limo that is free we just tip the driver, so if we decide to do this I can rent him for the night for us, and that way if anyone doesnt want to drive home they can take the limo home..
Thanks everyone :eek:)

Last edited:
Alex,

This sounds like a great idea! I'm surprised you haven't gotten more response. Do you have a date you're considering yet? As far as time of day, I'd suggest starting early enough to have some daylight so we can spend time gathered with our cars as part of the overall experience. Remember that I have collected a list of Raleigh area owners, so that at some point we can solicit participation by phone to make sure everyone is aware of the event.

Also, last time we got together you were about to have some paint work done on your car. Was that done? I saw your post about Steve Gooding. We had a great get together with Steve back in October. Sorry you missed that, but glad you got connected with Steve. Has Steve finished the work on your car yet?

James just told me about this. What a great idea. As James said, this could be a great venue to include more than the "greater Raleigh" crowd.

Count me in.

Doug

If I'm in town, count me in.
February is a biter for me... keep us posted on the dates!

Max

sounds cool. have to keep following this for some dates.

Well hey everyone. I would love to join since I guess my car isnt going anywhere, i might as well meet everyone thats a part of the community. Keep me posted and I will for sure be there.

Hey guys! glad I finally got some response on this...starting to think you guys didnt like me :biggrin: hehehe! There are no set dates as of yet, lets just start throwing some dates out there so we can find a good one that everyone can attend....doesnt even have to be this month...I can arrage all this at my club anytime. Saturday is going to be the best night since its the busiest at the club.

Also if anyone wants to come get a taste of the Dirty before the meet, Tomorrow...Friday 2/2 we are having a wicked cool theme party from 8:00pm- until 4:00am called MAD MAX BEYOND THE DIRTY DOME. We have some big name house DJs from Atlanta coming up and staff as well as customers are going to be in mad max theme style dress....come check it out its gonna be hot! I'll be bartending at the main lower bar for the party so if you come, better come say hi to me!!! :eek:)

oh yeah....John...I did get my car painted...looks 1000 times better!!! No more rock chips!!!! also, did get my car back from steve last week....he did a great job and put a list together for me on things I needed to get done, he is a hell ofa guy! He is the only person that is going to touch my car from now on!

Alex, that's good news about your paint. Anxious to see it.

Steve Gooding, I don't think they come much better than Steve. I feel the same way, when I need maintenance and repairs that I can't do myself, Steve's the one. Lot of confidence in him.

"Typauto" - looks like you're new to the forum. I have an informal list of Raleigh Area owners that we use to make sure everyone is aware of events that are scheduled. If you'd like to PM your name, year and color of your NSX and a contact phone # to me, I'll add you to the list. Right now I have 23 owners in the general area.

John

And just so everyone knows, I do window tinting and clear bra/paint protection film. So if thats something anyone has been thinking about, just let me know and I will do my best to help you out! See ya 'round!
Pete

Hey guys! glad I finally got some response on this...starting to think you guys didnt like me :biggrin: hehehe! There are no set dates as of yet, lets just start throwing some dates out there so we can find a good one that everyone can attend....doesnt even have to be this month...I can arrage all this at my club anytime. Saturday is going to be the best night since its the busiest at the club.

Also if anyone wants to come get a taste of the Dirty before the meet, Tomorrow...Friday 2/2 we are having a wicked cool theme party from 8:00pm- until 4:00am called MAD MAX BEYOND THE DIRTY DOME. We have some big name house DJs from Atlanta coming up and staff as well as customers are going to be in mad max theme style dress....come check it out its gonna be hot! I'll be bartending at the main lower bar for the party so if you come, better come say hi to me!!! :eek:)

oh yeah....John...I did get my car painted...looks 1000 times better!!! No more rock chips!!!! also, did get my car back from steve last week....he did a great job and put a list together for me on things I needed to get done, he is a hell ofa guy! He is the only person that is going to touch my car from now on!

Jeez sakes Alix! ONE YEAR AGO you were moving to SoBe or St. Pete -- now you're recruiting Primers from around the world to your NC fiesta! For Shame!

:tongue:

I'm in. I live in Charlotte, but will certainly make the drive. I've been trying to attend some of the Raleigh get-togethers. Please post a date when you know something. Great plan.

Chuck

hehehehe lol....have no fear I am still moving to FL!! I am actually leaving nect Sunday for Key West for a week to look for a job and apartments.!!

Jeez sakes Alix! ONE YEAR AGO you were moving to SoBe or St. Pete -- now you're recruiting Primers from around the world to your NC fiesta! For Shame!

:tongue:

Re: NC Dinner and VIP Club meet in Raleigh

Yea, count me in Alex... Probably some time in March would be better since February is usually when we get the annual snow storm here in Raleigh. Then again pick a day and I'll make do. If snowing I'll show up in the truck.

Hey guys.....with this horrible cold weather we have been having here lately, I am thinking we should definatly wait until it warms up!! So we can all enjoy ourselves.....also james and I throwing around the idea of making it an all day event somehow....maybe do a cruise, or have Steve Gooding do another seminar or something, since a few of us missed the last one.... but, if anyone has any ideas please throw them out there, there is no hurry on this as we will wait for warm weather....

Alex,

I agree about the warm weather...mid to late March probably the earliest..also agree about the all day event, especially with some owners from MD and SC expressing interest in coming. It would certainly help justify their lengthy trip. I know there are some owners in Winston Salem, Greensboro and Charlotte that have also expressed interest in past events that might come. Having Steve Gooding attend would be a great idea. I'm sure Steve would come if he's available. How about getting a detailer to participate? I'm sure we could line this up as well. I learned of two additional owners in the area just this past week, one owns a window tinting and clear bra shop! Current count of owners is up to 23.

Hey, Alex, a little bummed out that you may be leaving Raleigh?? You always add a little glamour to our get togethers.

Alix- Will definitely look you up next time I'm at the Dirty. I have yet to meet another NSXer in NC, but am looking forward to it. -Howard

PS- anyone going to VIR anytime soon? Ferrari Club has a Wednesday in March that's open to other marques.

Keep me posted on this as well, as I am pretty slack about checking Prime.. Sjones normally does an excellent job as my reminder friend, and this sounds like a lot of fun...

It's time to RESURRECT this thread. 79 degrees in two days.

I met Alix a few weeks ago- our group had a blast at the Dirty.

OK- Who's up for a night out???

I may be over in Raleigh on this weekend. Unfortunately not on Wed. nite.

dwain, Give me a buzz.... Jeff allstarbikeshop.com

Back