• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NC Dinner and Club meet in Raleigh

I'm in Pennsylvania right now....but will be back by Thursday. I'm up for getting together with others in Raleigh area.

John

Hey folks, I haven's seen any action on all of us getting together, so figured I'd start the ball rolling again. Next Thursday (4/12) some of my British car guys are coming over to my house for our monthly get-together and I figured I'd extend the invitation to the Raleigh NSX-ers. Its nothing much, we meet up, order some pizzas or something and hang out in Tim's garage and talk about all of our british sports cars that don't run. I usually load the cooler up with sodas and such, and we all chip in for pizza. I suppose we could spark up the grill and throw some brats on if you all would prefer that. I still have Russ' DVD with the NSXR going up against the Lambos, so we could plunk that on the DVD player and watch it for grins.

Anyway, let me know if you all are interested. Probably start meeting up about 6:30-ish at the house in Fuquay.

Tim

Tim,
Terrific idea. Unfortunately I will be out of town. I'd love to meet and talk to some British Car owners as well. Growing up I worked on a lot of those cars (not because I wanted to, but because I had to) and have some fond memories.

Hope your grill is not a "Lucas" grill, or you'll be eating cold brats.

I agree we need to get serious about getting together soon. This is a good start. Sorry to have to miss this event.

Alix, where are you? You haven't moved to Florida yet have you?

John

James and I are doing our weekly coffee get together tomorrow morning. I'll mention it to him and maybe we can come over. His car is still on his lift I thnk. (We all know James:biggrin: )

Let you know.

Doug

Tim.... great spring kickoff idea. I will be able to attend. Oh, I was wondering where that DVD was going to surface. I have since then picked up a few more interesting DVD,s from Best Motoring, that I can bring. Possibly others could bring some show and tell material they have collected.

See ya...Russ

Hey Tim, I may be able to stop by. What is the address? I have sold my Jaguar so I also don't have a british car that runs......Jeff

Hey everyone, I'm going to have to cancel this Thursday's get together. We have had a ton of problems trying to start back up after the easter shut-down at work and the plant is still not running. We had a bunch of folks from corporate engineering, safety and R&D come in today to try to solve the problems, and its a zoo at work now. Thursday is now the targeted day to try to start up the plant and needless to say, I'l probably be geting home late that day. (real late.)

Sorry for the short notice on the cancellation, perhaps we can try again in a couple of weeks.

Alix, are you still here in Raleigh area? Wondering if you haven't headed (further) south yet. If not, wondering if you're still planning this event. The weather is certainly great....and I'm sure most NSX owners are anxious to get their cars on the road....and to meet with other owners in the area.

John

PS Tim, still anxious to meet up with you and the Brits some evening as well.

Well I usually meet up with my British car buddies the second Thursday of the month, which is coming up next week. Anyone interested in coming over to hang out in Tim's garage next Thursday? (5/10) We can grill out or order pizza. Hopefully work won't blow up in my face this time around. Oh and look out for deer, my beater car took a beating last Wednesday.

Tim

Attachments

• Altima_006.jpg
    Altima_006.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 39
OK guys, anone interested in coming over to the Casa De Tim tonight. I have a couple of my English car buddies coming over, and the NSX-ers are welcome as well.

Here is a mapquest to the house:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...Dr.&city=Fuquay+Varina&state=NC&zipcode=27526

In case that doesn't work, its 700 Tampa Dr. Fuquay Varina, NC 27526

Phone is 552-6330 in case you get lost or find the rest of that gang of deer that assulted my car.

Tim

Back