• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help checking out 05 NSX

Yesturday I agreed to purchase an 05 NSX that is located in Phoenix AR. I have inspection rights before closing the deal. Since I live on the coast of Alabama I was hoping someone that lives near Phoenix could take a look at the car for me. The dealer of course says its perfect(that scares me since I'm still waiting to see the perfect car). I plan to have the dealer which is not an Acura dealer take the car to a local Acura dealer but thought a prime member may give me a better assesment of the overall looks and shape of the car.

Tony
251-391-4452
[email protected]

Im assuming you are getting a full PPI done?

I think I remember that CarFax and was it a corporate fleet (rental??) car? I would have it checked out well.

Also, I just don't understand why someone would spend more than $10k on a car and NOT go see it in person??? Maybe its just me but what someone else says about the car will NEVER match what you think they said.

This is coming from a guy that just ended a 18 month and $5k+ search for a car.

maybe you can ask them to (at your expense.) take the car to science of speed, basch accurate svc, or cozzelli's place in tempe. all are in the phx metro area.

if its in north west phx I can take a look. location?

Im assuming you are getting a full PPI done?

I think I remember that CarFax and was it a corporate fleet (rental??) car? I would have it checked out well.

Also, I just don't understand why someone would spend more than $10k on a car and NOT go see it in person??? Maybe its just me but what someone else says about the car will NEVER match what you think they said.

This is coming from a guy that just ended a 18 month and $5k+ search for a car.

wow man, since you cant check out the car for him...and cant really help him, why post? trying to get that post count up with the new car?:tongue:
as far as rental, prolly not...not enough demand for the car, someone just leased it under thier company with a few other cars...not a big deal...

ill go, send me some info on it

marc

wow man, since you cant check out the car for him...and cant really help him, why post? trying to get that post count up with the new car?:tongue:
as far as rental, prolly not...not enough demand for the car, someone just leased it under thier company with a few other cars...not a big deal...

ill go, send me some info on it

marc

I CAN help him, and have in emails back and forth. I am trying to give him some education since I just went thru this process.

just to play devils advocate...your giving him an education of your opinion, which maybe different that others...

FWIW dalphne AL is a cool, cool, place :)

just to play devils advocate...your giving him an education of your opinion, which maybe different that others...

You are absolutely correct. However, I think things like telling him he should get a PPI done and have the car inspected BEFORE it gets to his house would be something most (maybe not you?) of us could agree on.

To each his own. The great thing about a forum is you can take the advice you agree with and not the rest.

I would be happy to check it out for you but I am leaving this Wednesday morning for Spring Mountain/Las Vegas until Sunday. I will be back in the shop on Monday.

My best advice is to have Chris at SOS check it out for you if it needs to be done this week. Chris or Peiserg is the only one I would trust other than myself locally that have responded..

Either way, make sure you have the car checked out completely including compression check and timing belt service verification before buying it. NSX's can get extremely expensive to repair....Make sure you know what you're getting into.....as you probably know already...

Back